The Quest For Midnight Sunshine: Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

Neem: shake shake spray!

Yep daily! I think all will be well. Just cant take any chances if they are hiding...
I'm in hydro :oops:

Knowing that I can use the two together does help, a lot!
I'd be happy if it doesn't snow much at all. Bring on the RAIN!!
Ohhhh I remember that now. A system flush would involve dropping your TDS level to where it continues to drop. Water level should drop TDs should drop and ph should rise in an ideal res.

There is a chart I can find for you somewhere but those are the 3 main factors to always monitor in DWC.

I'll look for that chart...

Well. The damn things are trying to make home on my beloved plants! Fack. I've been spraying, no, soaking them daily, and it's not cutting it. I found some leaf munchers. No clue if they're alive. But discouraging none the less. I was going to wait to lollipop, but I doubt I will be able to wait. I need to clear some space in and around the plants I guess...

I may try some azamax or w.e it's called too. Worst time to find the little shits is right before I go on vacation. And now Idk what I'm going to do with the clones. Hard to ask someone to babysit possibly infested cuts :confused:.

Hard to stay positive about my grow when this shit happens. Plants look great now, but how long will that last....

Anyways heres some pics

Off to go mix NEEM and stip them down

Yeah idk that the bud is a mite afterall... looks like a worm, but could be larvae? Theres something under them leaves though!

20181027_122218.jpg
20181027_121504.jpg

Man I sure hate bugs!

Last time I had spider mites I alternated between alcohol and Neem.
Cool that's what I thought. Man and you had the bad ones! I think if I can stay on the sprays I can keep them at bay. But its all out of my control next week. Between the pruning and sprays, Air movement and what not I just hope it's enough!

Do you spray twice a day or once?

Don't use pure alcohol. Use 70% ISO mixed at a 9:1 ratio of water to ISO. Spray the shit out of them with the most pressure you can provide. The idea is to do it over something so that as you spray they get washed away......your tub one at a time perhaps and run the shower afterward to make sure the bastards are gone would work. You can even do just a plain water spray too....if its high enough pressure it will knock eggs or bugs off.

Don't use pure alcohol. Use 70% ISO mixed at a 9:1 ratio of water to ISO. Spray the shit out of them with the most pressure you can provide. The idea is to do it over something so that as you spray they get washed away......your tub one at a time perhaps and run the shower afterward to make sure the bastards are gone would work. You can even do just a plain water spray too....if its high enough pressure it will knock eggs or bugs off.
So I confirmed with our 420 bug master PT. I have (at minimum) 3 types of bugs :eek:.

1st and easily the best.

Predatory Mites (hypoaspis mites)

Second

Aphids (which those mites eat)

And 3rd fungus gnats (who's larvae the mites also eat)

Soooo maybe I'll reduce sprays? And sadly I probably murdered a bunch of my good guys with the bad....

20181027_131200.jpg

These dudes haul serious ass. Obviously till around as I chased this fool down for a quick pic.

Heres an aphid little shit...

20181027_132202.jpg

Literally sucking the life from my plants lol.

So for now I'll quit spraying the soil and pots and stick to leaves and walls. The mites dont really go onto the plants they just hang on the pots and coco eating gnat larvae.

Ugh. The fun of growing cannabis lol

A system flush would involve dropping your TDS level to where it continues to drop. Water level should drop TDs should drop and ph should rise in an ideal res.

Ah ha!!! I was missing this info. I'm still very new to hydro, my first is within about a week of harvest. Monitoring pH is still something I'm working on.

I also meant to ask about using z7 with florakleen.... yea or nay? Do they do the same thing or counteract each other? (I really need to spend some time getting to know what products perform what tasks)

SE AK snow report: snow on mountain tops above 3000 feet.

PHOTO_20181027_100024.jpg

I live next to this one that is 2900 feet

PHOTO_20181027_100045.jpg

Thanks for all your help!

Yeah I have some coworkers up Murphy dome way, and they have it pretty bad. One girl has to chain up just to get out the driveway, but my grass is still green and no white stuff to be seen.

I know very little about hydro.

Florakleen is like the flawless finish of GH.

So I would imagine you could use them together.

Oof!

I've been using Van's alcohol recipe and spinosad because the BT1 is in flower. I've been doing the alcohol every other day and the spinosad twice a week. I'll add neem if I find anything on the veg ones but so far it looks like it's just the BT1.
I use @Lowded118 alcohol regimen which is a strong pour whenever available ;) I think @derbybdud does the same....

No, jkjk yep I feel any better knowing my enemy I was nauseous thinking I had the bad mites.... but a phew 'phids shiiiiit! Sucks but I'll deal.

Plants are chilllllllen and honestly look good minus my high wind advisory and "stripping" {(defol)iation plus pruning)}.

We do have a full friggen boat though!

:surf:

Tied down some arms so the center could open up some on these chicks.... here we grow! :popcorn::cool:

Heck I gots soap! (Another annoying one... gots) I'm feeling more confident every spray! Thanks bud :green_heart::cool::high-five:

The booze bud! I have to admit, I did that tripple treatment neem, chemical then booze over 3 weeks 3-4 days apart 3 times with each and have not saw a thing since. And my veg room plants r weak. If they were there they'd be raging by now :rofl: so it worked really well for me. I've pulled all plants out sprayed them out of the grow area with the 7-9/1 alch mixture. Then bleached growing areas, deep cleaning every month or two. The warm fall is a bug factory if you have anything open to the out doors. I put a flapper valve on the outdoor air suction and it seemed to keep them out this current warm spell. So far...good luck. I saw the rear view mirror pic I thought that meant you were already gone on holiday! I'd insert looking in my rearview mirror if I knew how here :cool:

Back
Top Bottom