The Quest For Midnight Sunshine: Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

Hey friends.

Hope you all have been well. I'll have an update coming soon. I have adopted a clone from a local anonymous grower. It's vortex by Subcool. REST IN PARADISE. I tried to @ him I know they had an account here at one point. Anyway he has passed and TGA and subcool seeds lost most of their genetics during the California fires. This vortex is a "pre fire" strain and a nice sativa variant. These packs auction for big bucks these days so I'm excited to have a chance to grow it!

I also have 3 of my purple skunk mass x grape krush by platinum OG. They look and smell great! I started them in TINY pots and they survived a drought. One was up potted this morning and the other 2 will be close behind. Super stacked. Giant leaves. Smells in veg! I picked up the one to up pot and was amazed that such a tiny plant actually had a scent already. #winning

My only issue is one of the 3 has some heavy deformations and lots of variegation. All 3 showed varying levels of the abnormal growth. From what I understand it is prevalent in both chem and kush cultivars. Good news is the runt seems to be throwing out logs of nice normal new growth. So I'm glad I waited a bit before culling.

I did some quick preliminary examinations for sex, but no glaring signs just yet.

Oh also ordered some autos from landrace bureau to run outside this summer. I have a couple others I will try and run as well some cbg and maybe another auto if Henry still has some of mine from a few years back. I think there was still a DDA.

Hole everyone had a great week. I've been busy busy busy with work so I will try to get updates up once a week.

Cheers from Alaska

Anyway he has passed and TGA and subcool seeds lost most of their genetics during the California fires. This vortex is a "pre fire" strain and a nice sativa variant. These packs auction for big bucks these days so I'm excited to have a chance to grow it!
Hey Dabber. My friend who used to live in Big Sur lost his house during the fires, not sure what year. He had spent something like 7 years developing a special auto strain that was a local favorite for medical users. I have been trying to resurrect the strain, but all attempts with the old seed have failed [this thread]. I'm waiting to hear if my friend can find somebody with some fresher seed. If I can get my hands on some, I'm definitely going to try sprouting them in a warmed medium, and probably will try aloe vera gel because it contains auxins and gibberellins. I hear that gibberellins promote germination [ source ].

happy growing! 🌱

Weather should be warming up soon (June is it?) so I'm looking forward to seeing pics of all you've got growing on!
Hahahha yes plants out in June for sure! But I will certainly start them sooner. I may have some jalapeños sprouted already 😳. Confirmed shipping on the seeds too so excited for them to show up
:party:

Dropped 5 got 4 cracked and one above ground it's been just over 3 days. Grape Kush F3 Reg, keep the genes alive!!!
Hell yeah!!! My wife still wears the shirt you send your beans with all the time. Hope all has been well for you!

I'm going to try and be here more frequently but have some BIG projects going this month. Finally starting my own little company 😬 nervous but super excited! My goal is to implement a minimum of 2 additional income streams this year all while holding down the GM position at our manufacturing facility.

Who ready for a montage to catch us up to where we are today?

Things have been going okay. I will be Flipping this week. I let the vortex get too dry a couple times and she no likey!

It's almost time to drop CBG and Autos for the summer ☀️

So my super runt vargiated thing broke out of its runty phase and is now the largest of all 3 plants.

The females are both beautiful but totally different structure wise. One is VERY very similar to its male counterpart. And her sister is more of a "Christmas tree" structure. Smaller more narrow leaves compared to the other shorter, bushier (spread horizontally after typing much more) broader leafed sister.

I WAS going to cull my run which is now apparently a mammoth of a man. And am still half debating using him for breeding because I'm worried that slow "runty" start may be a characteristic that is passed on....

On the other hand I DO have that Strawberry recess male. Which is DJSBB F4 X sacajewea (sp?). While I reallllly prefer to not continue to out cross this further, the grape krush IS a direct decendant of Djs BB. (F12 maybe? I'll look it up). So it wouldn't actually be totally out of line because the grand father of grape krush is the same clone used to make Strawberry R. One other option is to separate the males collect their pollen and carefully apply some to each lady. But I am going to take cuts as well so I may root them and chuck the (Psm x gk) platinum OG pollen first. And then in a few weeks throw the clones and flower them in solos. I do have an unfinished space that would work great for this.

Anyway Ill shut up and post pics sorry hahaha!

I need to up pot both lady's. The male I may clone but will only leave him 1 or 2 arms to actually develop. No up pot for him. The Strawberry and Gelato ladies will go into the (Psm x gk) platinum OG females old small pots, and make their way into the tent.

I do need to build a shelf / table for plants to sit on. That will allow me to slide my fan and heater under it and prevent me from sacrificing canopy space.

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING AMAZING AND HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY BLESSED DAY!!!

Cheers from Alaska

Shit gotta do a second pic droppp

Dabber

Okay update PART 2

I didn't upload to the gallery but here's a draft of MY NEW PROJECT!!!

InShot_20230305_122821159.jpg

Not for sale currently. These are hemp derived D9 THC gummies and will be for sale exclusively in Alaska to start 🤩😍🥰.

And it all started here at the mag
:Rasta:

Ok "J" just harvested his Strawberry recess....

Here's a look from this morning

Resized_20230305_114734.jpeg
Resized_20230305_114755.jpeg

His accompanying text....

Strawberry recess seems worth keeping a cut. Small plant decent buds though.

Looks almost pink in some spots 😍

Okay update PART 2

I didn't upload to the gallery but here's a draft of MY NEW PROJECT!!!

InShot_20230305_122821159.jpg

Not for sale currently. These are hemp derived D9 THC gummies and will be for sale exclusively in Alaska to start 🤩😍🥰.

And it all started here at the mag
:Rasta:
Dab the world brother! I hope to see them here in MA one day soon!

Hey friends.

Started a new job last week. And was showing a co worker grandpa tokens thread on his ethanol extract. I think I had over 400 notifications lol.

I'm growing some island skittleZ or trying to keep some alive anyway.
They're in cups baby dwc. Need to get them some new shoes asap.

Rob hit me up a while back and been meaning to come by life just gets so busy. Not even sure who's around anymore, but I really miss everyone!

Cheers :party: man I missed those!

Oh if I don't kill the plants I'll try and get updates!

Hey friends.

Started a new job last week. And was showing a co worker grandpa tokens thread on his ethanol extract. I think I had over 400 notifications lol.

I'm growing some island skittleZ or trying to keep some alive anyway.
They're in cups baby dwc. Need to get them some new shoes asap.

Rob hit me up a while back and been meaning to come by life just gets so busy. Not even sure who's around anymore, but I really miss everyone!

Cheers :party: man I missed those!

Oh if I don't kill the plants I'll try and get updates!
Hope your doing well Buddy.
Hope life settles down and everything will be fine for you.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom