Hey everybody.
Sorry I have been absent with journal lately. One thing has led to another and I'm trying to get back on track again. Just a quick update to let you know I'm still growing.
The GG is starting to fill in nicely now. The four main colas really took off but should affect the overall light for the rest of the plant.
The Mokum's Tulip and the Meringue's were flipped the other day so they should be starting their stretch soon.
Things should be more at pace next week so I'll be able to spend some more time here and get caught up on the journals that I've neglected. :(
Stay well.

:Rasta:

What can I say MrSauga, :eek: beautiful pictures.:thumb: You and family stay well, it's a crazy house out there. We are buckled down at the homestead. Wearing the masks if I venture into town. Once a month. Catch you later Sauga.:circle-of-love:

That glue is building so nice! Love it!
Thanks MV. She's living up to her name. Lots of sugar leaves that normally I wouldn't see anything on. It's hard not to get stuck to it even this early in flower.
You were gone for too long.:hug:
Seems like forever but it's really only been a few weeks. Fence is done btw.
:hug:
We’re sticking together
Like gorilla glue
Where were you?
:ganjamon:
MIA, lol. Lots on the go but not getting anywhere. Catchy phrase you have there :thumb:
What lovely stacks you have! Don't think I've seen a perfectly flat canopy like that in a while and certainly not in my tent lol.
The MK and Meringue have flattened out nicely. I'd like to have them under my HPS but it's LED to the end. First time so it'll be interesting for me to see the differences if any.
What can I say MrSauga, :eek: beautiful pictures.:thumb: You and family stay well, it's a crazy house out there. We are buckled down at the homestead. Wearing the masks if I venture into town. Once a month. Catch you later Sauga.:circle-of-love:
Thanks MsBean, and smart idea with the masks. Pence says things are OK so it must be true, but I'd still wear one ;)
You sure do grow some stunners Mr. S, good to see you again. I hope things settle down for you quickly. :love: We missed you!
Thanks HH! Back to normal soonly :)
:hug:

To defol or not to defol. Here's a great read on the importance of fan leaves. The link is from the Fastbuds site who specialize in autos, but the principles are the same throughout the plant world.

The only time I worried about having too many fan leaves was indoors. Outside, with the wind and a moving light, I only remove them once they are in the shadows and the plant has already been pulling nutrients from them. After they turn yellow/brown, they become habitat for pests/disease.

Morning, I’ve been gone lately as well, something I do after harvest I guess.
My journals tend to stagnate waiting for another plant to enter flower.
I don’t really like doing updates on veg plants,
Nothing ever to really update besides add another week and a pic.
Another week gone by, here’s a pic of more stem and leaves:laugh:
image.jpg

Week 2 and a half veg lol.
but another reason I guess I’m not here is that I can’t really get up and walk around,
My recently super cropped ankle from 2 weeks ago is actually broken.
Thanks again mr s for your help and company,
Here’s a pic of the sativa dom buds.
Tested average at 23-24% with my tool I’m not allowed to advertise lol
B46B5F26-F2A0-4CE5-8415-756E1353E5AE.jpeg

1839AD9E-21BC-46BC-B3F8-0A1769DDF402.jpeg
8A4996AE-933E-43B5-AC2B-3FC3619F1C7D.jpeg

it is very tasty and fruity ish. Definitely has the look and smoke of the deispesary bud I bought back in February just a lot better not buying bud for 23 dollars a gram that have some seeds lol.

image.jpg

but another reason I guess I’m not here is that I can’t really get up and walk around,

it is very tasty and fruity ish. Definitely has the look and smoke of the deispesary bud I bought back in February just a lot better not buying bud for 23 dollars a gram that have some seeds lol.

Nice, Buds:theband:, Scottylikesbud.:bong:

To defol or not to defol. Here's a great read on the importance of fan leaves. The link is from the Fastbuds site who specialize in autos, but the principles are the same throughout the plant world.
Read that article today...triangulating on defoliation for my next grow. I have a plan with only a couple of minor adjustments from Grow #2, hanging now.

Yes, but I’m new ish to the site, so alls good, still learning the rules I guess.
but if it weren’t for this place It would have probably taken me a couple more years to grow some buds finally:goof:
So alls good in my book.
bud I smoked this morning.
099E62D2-FA89-4373-A67B-9F6350D13AA6.jpeg

do you think I should maybe start my seeds in these paper bags, then move them into these 5 gall bags? Or like straight into the 5 gal bag?
I’m kinda worried about the yellowing, but I think that’s because I haven’t been giving nutrient water every watering, noob mistake I know lol.

A1E69292-6DA8-458B-8512-3FB97A143E26.jpeg

just put those two from cups to paper bags yesterday.
DF54CD37-1BE0-414B-BD67-60502913398B.jpeg

the larger one was transplanted like last week.
and was fed nute water every feeding and is not yellowing. So lesson learned there I guess.
Nute water every watering in nutrientless soil.
I had my buddy mix in perilite to hp promix last week, about 10 gallons or so
At about 3 parts of perilite to 7 parts promix. Out of 10 if that makes sense.
Thought the extra aeration of perilite would help the roots. And promix stays wet for a while.
D41123FF-2CB5-4494-9E84-1C9E6BAED347.jpeg

this poor lil fugly plant idk man, I think it was born with like some genetic defect or something lol. It’s been soo funky from the start and like it’s probably at week 5 or 6 now.
Im not sure what it could be other then some birth defect:straightface:

do you think I should maybe start my seeds in these paper bags, then move them into these 5 gall bags? Or like straight into the 5 gal bag?
I've never seen it done in paper bags but for the most part if you're running autos you want to start them in solo cups or in the final home, but try and only transplant once.
I’m kinda worried about the yellowing, but I think that’s because I haven’t been giving nutrient water every watering, noob mistake I know lol.
I think you figured it out already. Nice!!
Happy Solstice MrS! :surf:
Thanks Felipe! I hope you had a great one yourself. :green_heart:

Thanks, dispensary gives out paper bags, hospital gives out paper bags why not recycle? Paper takes 20 years to break down you know

Lovely shade of green on your plants MrS...finally! I hope all is smoothing out at home for you.
Interesting article, but lower down on the page there is info on trimming that states:

The benefits associated with dry trimming are:
- The buds have fully dried meaning they have decarboxylated and are now rich in THC

which makes everything else on the page suspect to me!

Did you get slapped for mentioning it earlier? I thought mentioning it in passing is fine but "advertising" it is not. Is there a competitor here that is a sponsor?
I had my buddy mix in perilite to hp promix last week, about 10 gallons or so
At about 3 parts of perilite to 7 parts promix. Out of 10 if that makes sense.
Thought the extra aeration of perilite would help the roots. And promix stays wet for a while.
I run straight ProMix HP and have never found it staying wet if I use the right size pot for the rootball. Are you in a very humid climate, or do you tent to transplant to a much larger pot size?

image.jpg

What tool?

@InTheShed
I just kinda felt uncomfortable with watering once a week. Feels to long for me. And I am indoors. So not much flowing air. Thought that contributed to being wet for so long.
I will try putting one of them plants in regular hp when I up pot themfrom these paper bags in a couple weeks, I think sounds about right for up potting to the final 5 gallon home?
And since I cut it with perilite, would that shift the soils ph? Kinda thinking I should maybe ph my water to idk 6.8 sound alright to you guys? From 7.36?
Or if I’m ph ing my water should I just go for the 6.5 or what do you you people think out there.
And happy Father’s Day you all Before I forget.

@InTheShed
I just kinda felt uncomfortable with watering once a week. Feels to long for me. And I am indoors. So not much flowing air. Thought that contributed to being wet for so long.
I will try putting one of them plants in regular hp when I up pot themfrom these paper bags in a couple weeks, I think sounds about right for up potting to the final 5 gallon home?
And since I cut it with perilite, would that shift the soils ph? Kinda thinking I should maybe ph my water to idk 6.8 sound alright to you guys? From 7.36?
Or if I’m ph ing my water should I just go for the 6.5 or what do you you people think out there.
And happy Father’s Day you all Before I forget.
Perlite is inert material added for aeration. It shouldn't absorb much moisture or affect PH.

Back
Top Bottom