I certainly understand a non-committed non-minimalist making such an erroneous assumption so please allow me to explain. :nerd-with-glasses:

In all seriousness, though it is the second week of flowering so I was thinking of bumping up from 4.5 to 5 g per gallon anyway so the greenness of your plants was just the tipping point. My minimalist approach is a very delicate balance between laziness and cheapness in counterbalance to what the plant needs. So I do anything the plant needs that doesn’t cost money or work and try to eliminate everything else I can that takes either money or work as long as it isn't detrimental to the plant. And I do experiment adding things and keep them only if they help and of course, are cheap and easy.

My latest revelation, I am not sure if you heard about, is that I stopped using any fans at all blowing on my plants for air circulation and I have not found any difference. I stopped at the beginning of flower on my last generation and in this generation I have gone all through budding so a complete lifecycle in two stages and no problem without fans. I couldn’t stand the damn things because they squeak and groan and vibrate eventually and wear out and have to be replaced. And with them in the next room in the unfinished end of my basement they were really annoying to listen to. Also, I figured they were about a third of my growing electric bill.

Have a great weekend too buddy. :yahoo:
Homer...have you noticed any weakening in the stems and any need to stake?

Hey everybody!

Day 68 for the Mokum's Tulip and Meringue #1. Meringue #2(right side in pic) is a week behind. All's well so far. This is the longest I have had plants under the blurples. I think I need to raise the lights as they never really reach for the sky. So here's a few pics. The group photo has the Meringues up front and if you recall from my last update on these plants the Meringue #2 had some funky leaf tips. I didn't think it was nute burn and I have seen it many times grow out to the MC green I like so much. As you can see all that marking has gone now.

:Rasta:
Hey everybody!
Day 89 for the Gorilla Glue and the DDA hiding in the background. The DDA is coming down tomorrow so I'll post pics of her at that time.
For now here's some GG pics.

Keeping busy around there by the looks of it!
:passitleft:

Congrats on the harvest Mr S. Those buds are seriously fantastic!!
Ha, nice callback! :bravo: :hug: Have a good day chica... as the girls would say.
My crazy dog looks a lot like yours Mr. S but he (according to DNA testing) is not lab at all. He stole a banana from my purse about two years ago while we were traveling south to our place. To this day, I cannot break the tip of a banana ANYWHERE in the house without him hearing it and being glued to me until I finish (and of course give him a nugget!). Ridiculous.
Ridiculous and sooo cute all at the same time! He sounds like a beautiful dog Boo!
I certainly understand a non-committed non-minimalist making such an erroneous assumption so please allow me to explain. :nerd-with-glasses:

In all seriousness, though it is the second week of flowering so I was thinking of bumping up from 4.5 to 5 g per gallon anyway so the greenness of your plants was just the tipping point. My minimalist approach is a very delicate balance between laziness and cheapness in counterbalance to what the plant needs. So I do anything the plant needs that doesn’t cost money or work and try to eliminate everything else I can that takes either money or work as long as it isn't detrimental to the plant. And I do experiment adding things and keep them only if they help and of course, are cheap and easy.

My latest revelation, I am not sure if you heard about, is that I stopped using any fans at all blowing on my plants for air circulation and I have not found any difference. I stopped at the beginning of flower on my last generation and in this generation I have gone all through budding so a complete lifecycle in two stages and no problem without fans. I couldn’t stand the damn things because they squeak and groan and vibrate eventually and wear out and have to be replaced. And with them in the next room in the unfinished end of my basement they were really annoying to listen to. Also, I figured they were about a third of my growing electric bill.

Have a great weekend too buddy. :yahoo:
Great clarification from a committed minimalist and thanks for correcting my way of thinking ;)
Interesting about the fans. I only used one this grow compared to the two or three I usually put in there. cr8 mentioned about weaker stems being a possibility and of course it's a valid point considering we like to strengthen the stem with a gentle breeze early in life. I do find silica plays an important part as well(which I use) in strengthening stems.
Keeping busy around there by the looks of it!
You betcha! The seven gallon pots make it feel busier for some reason. I know why I like 5gals. Less water to carry around.
Have a great day Caged!

Ridiculous and sooo cute all at the same time! He sounds like a beautiful dog Boo!

I do find silica plays an important part as well.

He is a beauty, and spoiled. Very headstrong dog. DNA says 50% Rottweiler on one side with Cane Corso and Pitbul making up 22% and 24% each.

Regarding silica, do you think the amount in MC is enough to not need the fan for stem strength purposes?

Attachments

• 62EF9733-2852-4A88-B5C8-34C889130CAA.jpeg
    62EF9733-2852-4A88-B5C8-34C889130CAA.jpeg
    764.5 KB · Views: 41
Congrats on the Lemon AK harvest - beautiful looking buds from that one! :adore:

That GG is gonna be a beast. I'll be watching that one closely. :popcorn: Good luck on the DDA harvest.

Beautiful color on the Tulip and the Meringue can't see a single bad leaf on one of them, they look so happy.

Early congrats on your upcoming Dda harvest Mr.S saw some of her purple buds poking out from behind the monster Gg which is also looking very nice.:bravo:

Birthday gift? That you get to pick out of course!
I wish that I could but I'm simply too busy right now to devote the time that a puppy needs.
I spend hours a day training them and a dog like a Weim needs lots of exercise, attention and training otherwise they can be destructive as adults.
When my kids get older and more (hopefully) independent, perhaps I can balance my life enough to get another one. Perhaps contact a Weim rescue.
I really enjoy working with rescue dogs.
Everyone deserves a second chance in life. :love:

Hey everybody!

Day 68 for the Mokum's Tulip and Meringue #1. Meringue #2(right side in pic) is a week behind. All's well so far. This is the longest I have had plants under the blurples. I think I need to raise the lights as they never really reach for the sky. So here's a few pics. The group photo has the Meringues up front and if you recall from my last update on these plants the Meringue #2 had some funky leaf tips. I didn't think it was nute burn and I have seen it many times grow out to the MC green I like so much. As you can see all that marking has gone now.

Beautiful, MrSauga.:thumb:

Homer...have you noticed any weakening in the stems and any need to stake?
Great clarification from a committed minimalist and thanks for correcting my way of thinking ;)
Interesting about the fans. I only used one this grow compared to the two or three I usually put in there. cr8 mentioned about weaker stems being a possibility and of course it's a valid point considering we like to strengthen the stem with a gentle breeze early in life. I do find silica plays an important part as well(which I use) in strengthening stems.

Happy to pay it forward my friend but from the looks of your plants I doubt your way of thinking requires correcting. :high-five: And as disturbing as it may be for full disclosure regarding being a committed minimalist I must confess to paradoxically also being a bit of a hoarder and preferring my ladies on the more voluptuous size, so go figure. :p Sorry if most would rather not know and can't un-read that.

As far as a gentle breeze strengthening stems when I was using fans throughout my plant's whole lives I was constantly running into plants that needed support once they started getting considerable-sized buds but some didn’t require it so more than being affected by a fan or not I think genetics plays a bigger role. A pretty simple solution I have found is to tie a single wrapping of string about three quarters up a budding plant around its circumference and as the buds get heavier and the plant tends to go limper I compensate by slightly tightening the string to keep everything upright.

So no I haven’t found not using fans to be a detriment to plant strength because I seem to be having the same issues with or without fans but since I have the issue I have been considering adding silica as an experiment to see if it does help.

Again, for full disclosure I have to admit yesterday I had to stake my few days old Bruce Banner (so far she is no HULK) because she flopped over but that has occasionally happened when I had fans at that stage and it was really due to my own hamfisted intervention rather than a lack of fans. The little gal was healthy and upright but had a bit of a kilter to her which I find can cause problems late in life when it is supporting a massive amount of bud so I just laid a short piece of 2 x 4 against her to her to push her up plumb but in the morning the next day it had flopped over the opposite direction it had previously been leaning. So that was my fault and nothing to do with fans but I wanted to mention it so there is no confusion in case that is seen in my journal.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well. :party:

Well I “quoted” incorrectly and my verbiage ended up in YOUR quote. Sorry about that!
I do it all the time and what a beautiful dog he is. They all have a chair don't they. :love:
Congrats on the Lemon AK harvest - beautiful looking buds from that one! :adore:

That GG is gonna be a beast. I'll be watching that one closely. :popcorn: Good luck on the DDA harvest.
Thanks Beez. I'll be watching closer since I'll be like right there! DDA is down. Pics soon.
Beautiful color on the Tulip and the Meringue can't see a single bad leaf on one of them, they look so happy.

Early congrats on your upcoming Dda harvest Mr.S saw some of her purple buds poking out from behind the monster Gg which is also looking very nice.:bravo:
Thanks N4! Army Green from the Automotive department touches the tips up nicely. Thanks for the earlies and yes you did taw a purple bud.
Beautiful, MrSauga.:thumb:
:thanks: Good to see you!
Sorry if most would rather not know and can't un-read that.
Too late. I check PM's first so a little earlier warning would help.
So no I haven’t found not using fans to be a detriment to plant strength because I seem to be having the same issues with or without fans
:thanks:
So that was my fault and nothing to do with fans but I wanted to mention it so there is no confusion in case that is seen in my journal.
:thanks: again!

Too late. I check PM's first so a little earlier warning would help.
I does try and give earlier warnings but Homer get the dumb and can't brain some days. :p

Hey everybody.
Sorry I have been absent with journal lately. One thing has led to another and I'm trying to get back on track again. Just a quick update to let you know I'm still growing.
The GG is starting to fill in nicely now. The four main colas really took off but should affect the overall light for the rest of the plant.
The Mokum's Tulip and the Meringue's were flipped the other day so they should be starting their stretch soon.
Things should be more at pace next week so I'll be able to spend some more time here and get caught up on the journals that I've neglected. :(
Stay well.

Back
Top Bottom