Hey everybody!
Just an update on my Pinkman Goo clone. The last pic I showed was after her transplant which was a few days before this post. This is a pic of her at the time of that update for those that didn't go back.

Today she is looking a lot more verdant. I'll be supercropping those runners and thin her out. She's going to have a great structure going into flower.

:Rasta:

Rather than clutter up your sponsored grow, I thought maybe I should move the conversation over here. And feel free to ignore my ramblings, as they're just questions that can be answered at any time (or never), or maybe you already have and I have just forgotten!

I can't quote the first link, but you said: "MC is designed, imho, with an imperfect NPK ratio," and went on in the other post to say: "Provide K, Ca and Mg in a 4:winkyface:1 ratio avoids antagonisms."

You move on to a chart showing tissue analysis (of poinsettias? alternanthera?) and derived ratios from that:
10 parts Nitrogen
1 to 2 parts Phosphorus
10 parts Potassium
5 parts Calcium
2 to 3 parts Magnesium
1 to 3 parts Sulfur

That would break down to 5-1-5 plus the correct ratios of K/Ca/Mg below that. You certainly don't see that anywhere in the cannabis nutrient industry. You have managed to get your A+B blend down to 5.5-1.5-8 and your K/Ca/Mg to 4.5-2.3-1. Since you are high on the K side of the NPK, does the fact that you are really close to the K/Ca/Mg ratio compensate for that?

And would you be happiest with a nute line that offered more ability to hit the ratios spot-on, even if it meant a third or fourth bottle? If these ratios are truly ideal, then some extra blending doesn't seem like such a burden.

You move on to a chart showing tissue analysis (of poinsettias? alternanthera?) and derived ratios from that:
10 parts Nitrogen
1 to 2 parts Phosphorus
10 parts Potassium
5 parts Calcium
2 to 3 parts Magnesium
1 to 3 parts Sulfur
That would break down to 5-1-5 plus the correct ratios of K/Ca/Mg below that. You certainly don't see that anywhere in the cannabis nutrient industry.
Most of that information was gathered from another site. It's when I started changing my mix up. It seems to work. You may or may not have noticed I don't push the 2.1.3 anymore. I've not pushed 5.1.5 either as it's never come up until now. It's one of those arguable things that just isn't worth it to get into. If someone asks I tell them.
Since you are high on the K side of the NPK, does the fact that you are really close to the K/Ca/Mg ratio compensate for that?
Exactly. I limit my increases in K. When I'm in flower I maintain 200 PPM. That forces my Ca and Mg ratios accordingly. The K dictates the amount of Ca and Mg I add.
And would you be happiest with a nute line that offered more ability to hit the ratios spot-on, even if it meant a third or fourth bottle? If these ratios are truly ideal, then some extra blending doesn't seem like such a burden.
I don't think you can nail it to an all in one. Surely we'd have one by now. The least amount of bottles is the way to go. Three seems to be the number, probably hitting four if you have a finicky grow.

How are you calculating that?
If I understand the question, I use Grow Buddy for that. That's a target I set. So the program then calculates what nutrient quantities are needed from what I have plumbed in there.
so how do you know when you have a finicky grow?
You don't really. If you have calmag issues then that's the extra bottle I was referring to. Not much else you can add to fix a def as most nutes carry all that is needed with the exception of Ca and Mg. After that it's usually something else not related to the nutes.

Hey everybody!
I'll be clearing out the tent over the next couple of weeks, so it was time to do a little fixing on my Pinkman Goo clone from @Weed Seeds Express. She'll have the tent to herself so there's time to veg some more. I have to keep in mind the pot size of 5gal too so I probably won't let her go much longer than three more weeks.

Here's a couple of pics. She's greened up nicely and most of her leaves have recovered or stopped showing deficiencies.

Hey everybody!
I'll be clearing out the tent over the next couple of weeks, so it was time to do a little fixing on my Pinkman Goo clone from @Weed Seeds Express. She'll have the tent to herself so there's time to veg some more. I have to keep in mind the pot size of 5gal too so I probably won't let her go much longer than three more weeks.

Here's a couple of pics. She's greened up nicely and most of her leaves have recovered or stopped showing deficiencies.

Here we goo again! :Rasta:

Hey everybody!

Mr Sauga...looks like intervention is working.

Hey everybody!

Hello Sir Sauga

*curtsy*

If I may be so bold I would like to comment on the high quality plants you grow.

They look scrumptious :)

Hello Sir Sauga

*curtsy*

If I may be so bold I would like to comment on the high quality plants you grow.

They look scrumptious :)
Thanks Trala! :hug:
Your Pinkman Goo is gorgeous! I grew mine in a five gal cloth pot too. Mine was not topped. I really like your sweet flat canopy. Way to go!
Yours was beautiful Otter! It doesn't take long for the flat to lose it's shape. She's just happy right now and growing fast.
:ciao: Hi MrSauga! I hope you are well. Wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU again for the MBM. I love, love, love it! Thanks for all you do around here too! :love:
:high-five: I'm glad to hear that Boo! I couldn't think of a better person to get the most out of it. I hope the days have been brighter and you're doing well. Enjoy your weekend. :hug:

Hey everybody!
I've been working on this little project for the last couple of days now. I finally got it turned on tonight for some testing, to get all the kinks out. It's a new autofeed system to take over my watering chores :). I've heard good and bad things about it so we'll see what happens.

And this pic is of the final hookups.

Enjoy your week everyone.

Nice Mr S! That should make life a lot better once you get all the kinks worked out! I think I recognize those bright green coloured components they seem to be a great system.

Nice Mr S! That should make life a lot better once you get all the kinks worked out! I think I recognize those bright green coloured components they seem to be a great system.
I sure do hope so N4! You are correct if you're thinking Floraflex :) .
Boy am I jelly of that set up.. would make my tiny seed run with 1 gallon fabric pots a lot less of a headache.
I would look at another system for the seedlings. Same company, just another line.
I've been wanting to see just this system work. :thumb: It's future is near for me.
I guess it depends on how well it works. I've been picking Dutchman's brain for some tips. He seems to have good success.

Back
Top Bottom