Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

My dogs do the same thing lol.

Dome looks good, thats about exactly what I did the first week I misted them twice a day...try not to get the cubes too wet they hold allot of water.
Looking good

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Looks like you did your research and where very meticulous getting you clones ready, going to pay off for sure. Great job. and about the lights I think you did the correct thing, you don't need much light for the clones, you could even get away with less, I only use one for the first week or so and it seems to work out. Great job...

On a side note. Marijuana leaves are on the poison list for dogs. Don't know exactly what will happen or how much needs to be eaten to be toxic but I would be careful just in case...

Looks like you did your research and where very meticulous getting you clones ready, going to pay off for sure. Great job. and about the lights I think you did the correct thing, you don't need much light for the clones, you could even get away with less, I only use one for the first week or so and it seems to work out. Great job...

On a side note. Marijuana leaves are on the poison list for dogs. Don't know exactly what will happen or how much needs to be eaten to be toxic but I would be careful just in case...

I wonder what they consider to be poison. I know most magic mushrooms are listed as poisonous when they are really psychedelic. This may be the case here too. Might be worth looking into.

He ate about 3-4 whole leaves. I figured that if he can sit and lick his butt all day, a few marijuana leaves might actually be good for him. lol. You guys ever see those Dog Water purifiers?? Those things are funny.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll keep my clippings away from him next time to be on the safe side and the clones look to be doing well. I have them sitting right in front of my desk, instead of out in the garage with everyone else.

I dont know if its wishfull thinking tied in with my imagination, but last night they started to droop and today they seem to have stood back upright. I'm not 100% sure, but either way, there looking fine so far.

Once I add my 6 plants into flowering in a week or two, I'm going to take a couple more clippings once there a few weeks into flowering. I've heard not to do this, but I've also heard people say that they will never again take a clone unless its in flowering. So we'll see how that goes for me.

My goal is to eventually get up to 72 plants. 24 in each room. Rotating 12 at a time, which should give me a harvest of 12 plants each month. The if my collective grows how I'm hoping that it will, I'll move to a small warehouse and really get things going. I'm just waiting for San Bernardino County to get there damn zoning laws down for medical marijuana. They keep delaying it at every board meeting that its brought up in.

He ate about 3-4 whole leaves. I figured that if he can sit and lick his butt all day, a few marijuana leaves might actually be good for him. lol. You guys ever see those Dog Water purifiers?? Those things are funny.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll keep my clippings away from him next time to be on the safe side and the clones look to be doing well. I have them sitting right in front of my desk, instead of out in the garage with everyone else.

I dont know if its wishfull thinking tied in with my imagination, but last night they started to droop and today they seem to have stood back upright. I'm not 100% sure, but either way, there looking fine so far.

Once I add my 6 plants into flowering in a week or two, I'm going to take a couple more clippings once there a few weeks into flowering. I've heard not to do this, but I've also heard people say that they will never again take a clone unless its in flowering. So we'll see how that goes for me.

My goal is to eventually get up to 72 plants. 24 in each room. Rotating 12 at a time, which should give me a harvest of 12 plants each month. The if my collective grows how I'm hoping that it will, I'll move to a small warehouse and really get things going. I'm just waiting for San Bernardino County to get there damn zoning laws down for medical marijuana. They keep delaying it at every board meeting that its brought up in.

I'm lusting after your set up, both the grow and the collective. I need to find out more about collectives, gotta get something like that going here in CO.

So since I was feeling good about the clones, I decided to give the FIM technique a shot.

I got a disposable razor blade used for shaving. Cracked that puppy open with pliers, bended it and chopped away at one of my bagseed strains I have off to the side. I think I could have left just a little bit more behind, but overall, I think I chopped it decent. We'll see what happens.

Next Im going to give SuperCropping a shot. I accidentally supercropped a clone. We'll see if that makes it. Doubt it, but you never know.

Here's the plant that I just FIMed.

DSC_0395.jpg

Here's the chunk that I took...
DSC_0387.jpg

And here's a couple picture of the top. I have a Nikon D60 SLR camera that I dont completely know how to work yet, so these are the best shots I could get.
DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

From what Ive read its toxic to dogs...
But alcohol is toxic to humans basically the body cant break it down as fast as it needs to I think for weed at least they might get a hangover but my dogs never suffer any ill effects and my puggle loves it. She gets in your face when you take a hit we dont try to get her stoned though

You will get a good clone success rate. None of them are wilted means they still alive. All of them wil root, just dont let the cube get to wet. I forgotten to put the dome back on a few times had them totally wilt, I put dome back on, and a few hours later they were alive. Clones can take alot of punishment and still root. It's not saturating the rooting medium is the key to good success. Hope this helps, Just my observation anyways.

You will get a good clone success rate. None of them are wilted means they still alive. All of them wil root, just dont let the cube get to wet. I forgotten to put the dome back on a few times had them totally wilt, I put dome back on, and a few hours later they were alive. Clones can take alot of punishment and still root. It's not saturating the rooting medium is the key to good success. Hope this helps, Just my observation anyways.

Thats funny. Just last night I took the dome off to let them get a little air. I went down stairs, started cooking and totally forgot about them. When I finally remembered I ran back upstairs and there were about 2-3 leaves that started to wilt. So I sprayed them down, put the dome back on, then I came back 45 minutes later and I couldnt even tell which leaves wilted. They completely came back to life and fast with that humidity back up.

Today there looking pretty good. Still no wilting on any of these leaves and some of them are beginning to stand straight up as compared to leaning over to the side because of top weight. So my hopes are definitely high for these.

Now its time to get started back on finishing up my grow room.

So today I finially got the balls to go for it. I cut 27 clones!!! lol. I've been making up excuses for the past week, why I shouldnt clone today.... but I went for it. I think they might turn out alright too. So here's the process that I used.

If I screwed up somewhere or could have dont things better... please dont hesitate to tell me.

-I used rockwool cubes that were left to soak in Seedling/Clone strength GH nutes overnight. PH 5.5

-I took 27 clones.

-4 from each plant. Mainly bottom and middle plant branches.

-I took 7 from my OG Kush since there where so many to pick from. Broke one almost in half. Its leaning over, so I put her in a cube off to the side to see what happens.

-I did one plant at a time so I wouldnt mix any up.

-I used Olivia's Cloning solution to stick the cuttings in immediately after cutting them.

-I mixed 3/4 cup per gallon as the instructions said.

-The cutting staied in the cup for a few minutes until I got upstairs to my little area I set up for cloning.

-I left and extra few inches on every stem, that I cut off under water mixed with Olivia's.

-I cut at a 45 degree angle about a half to quarter inch below where I cut the fans leaves off at. This cut was done under water.

-Right after the cuts I imideantly took them out of the water and dipped them in Rootech rooting gel.

-I let each cutting sit in the rooting gel for about a minute while I got the next cutting ready.

-I cut the biggest fan leaves in half

-I then put the cutting, with the tip heavily covered in rooting gel about 1 inch into the cube.

-After I was done, I misted them all down with Vita Grow, Anti-Wilt diluted to 1 part Vita Grow, 7 parts RO water.

-They were under 8, 23 watt CFL's, but with them all bunched together it began generating a lot of heat. Temps got close to 90 degrees, so I trimmed it down to 4, 23 watt CFL's.

Current RH: 86%
Current Temp: 81 Degrees

I'm trying to get that RH up and the temp down a little, but at the same time, I'm trying not to completely saturate my plants with water.

...... and thats about it.... Let me know if I did something wrong or if I could have done something different. Here's some pics...

My Cloning Station. lol
DSC_0363.jpg

My first batch, from my GWS
DSC_0365.jpg

My very first clone. Had to take a picture of it..
DSC_0366.jpg

Here's another batch. This is from my OG Kush
DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

After I misted the dome a little
DSC_0376.jpg

My dog got hungry
DSC_0377.jpg

I guess he like the taste of marijuana leaves
DSC_0379.jpg

He munched on em for a good 30 minutes to an hour. Then fell asleep right after. lol.
DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

....and thats it. I hope to get some feedback or any tips. Thanks everyone!!

Loved you dog. I had one that would go around eating roaches (the weed kind) bastard would always be sprawled on the floor every morming.:smokin:

After reading about your cloning. I think you have a good chance of some good ones. Cloning is not a real science unless you have the bread to buy a cloning machine. I do think you will do good though.:cheer:

Yesterday I finished up my rooms and put my plants into flowering!!! My room still needs a little work done to it, but for the most part all the marjor things are done. I need to get one more 1,000 watt light for my flowering room, a 600 watt for my vegitive room and a 6 inch fan to even out the pressure in my flowering room. Right now my 780 cfm is trying to suck the poly off the walls. So more to come, but this is what I have so far.

Oh... and I forgot to plug in my water pump the other day, so my plants are looking a bit droopy. I dont think it did any harm to the roots, but I havent had a chance to check and make sure yet, but the plants dont look too bad.

Here's my room. 10' x 13'
DSC_0428.jpg

My flowering room
DSC_0421.jpg

My ventilation... one for the light and one for the room.
DSC_0422.jpg

Another view of my room
DSC_0423.jpg

My girls....
DSC_0425.jpg

All 6 of my plants turned out to be females. Awesome!!
DSC_0426.jpg

I painted my res black to prevent light from getting in.
DSC_0427.jpg

My empty veg room.
DSC_0429.jpg

Once I get my light in here, Im going to cut the second duct in half and connect it to the hood.
DSC_0430.jpg

My seedling/clone room
DSC_0431.jpg

I got a bad algae problem because of these clear containers. I just bought black pots today that I'll transplant the plants into later today.
DSC_0432.jpg

... and thats it for now. Thanks for checking out my journal.

just for the future, careful what you put in the pics you post. if i where a cop id know alot about you just by those pics. just lookin out for another farmer. be safe.

just for the future, careful what you put in the pics you post. if i where a cop id know alot about you just by those pics. just lookin out for another farmer. be safe.

MMRC is a medical grower who is planning on starting a collective. All legal...

Looking very nice, love the plants and the room. Great vid also....

Thanks for looking out, but I'm growing 100% legally. Each one of my plants are for certain medical patients, with a valid recommendation, which I have copies of. I'm a caregiver with a state ID card allowing me to grow. I have too much to lose to be doing it any other way.

MMRC is a medical grower who is planning on starting a collective. All legal...

Yup... under California Prop 215 and Bill 420, I can legally grow 8-12 plants per patient. Since I'm starting a collective, if a patient joins my collective by filling out my app and giving a copy of there ID and recommendation, I can legally grow for that patient. I'm not considered a business, so I dont have to worry about city zoning laws. The only thing I need is a sellers permit for tax purposes and my medical ID card.

So I'm not really worried about whats in the background of my pictures. I snowboard, paintball, ride street bikes, play baseball and own a computer/network repair company.... all of that is in the background of my pics.

no worries,still never hurts to be cautious, given there is much slack allowed in california the worst does still happen. i was just dropping the concern because of those unfortunate few that still wind up loosing their careers and everything they've worked for, even though they followed, by the so called "rules" that law enforcement blatantly ignore.and your pictures showed much more than your hobbies, but at any rate be safe, im sure and hope your buds are as tasty and medicinal as possible.

Back
Top Bottom