Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

So here's a few pictures from today. My plants are looking happy in there new home. I still cant figure out whats going on with my biggest PPP. Its still all wrinkled up, with downward curling from the tips and the sides of the leafs. If anyone could help, that would be great.

A peak through the door..
DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

Top View...
DSC_0332.jpg

Side View...
DSC_0337.jpg

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Looking good. I have some Strawberry Haze going myself. Be prepared for some very large plants. lol. My two S/H plants are my largest. Had to do some LST to keep them off the lights. They are loading up with buds now. Best of luck!

This is Rmax find it at homedepot
Rmax.jpg

I would put it up all around the outside of your room it will definately hlp you control temps and humidity better. look into it you might use it you might not, just a suggestion:grinjoint:

Separate Walls.... Good idea. I didnt think about that. I thought I was being smart by using screws instead of nails. lol. Well, its already up, so I'll have to do that the next time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thats how framers do it build the wall laying down then tip it up and tie(screw) it in ...very efficient.

Chinky whats the R value of that type, the thickness and the price per sheet?
Im using a brand from lowes its r-2 1/2" for $10 sheet.

Looking good. I have some Strawberry Haze going myself. Be prepared for some very large plants. lol. My two S/H plants are my largest. Had to do some LST to keep them off the lights. They are loading up with buds now. Best of luck!

I dont have any Strawberry Haze. lol. They cracked but never sprouted. The only three that sprouted from that GreenHouse pack, was Lemon Skunk, The Church and Great White Shark. The Church sprouted a couple weeks later. I was just about to throw it away and it popped up its head. Its doing good now, but its only about 4 inches tall.

So I have 1 Lemon Skunk, 1 Great White Shark, 1 OG Kush and 3 Pure Power Plants (PPP) in veg right now. The Church will be going with the next set I run through veg. Its funny. The PPP's were the free ones and 3 out of 5 sprouted and two of them are females. The 3rd one, I cant tell yet.

I drowned the seedlings, so its not GreenHouses fault. I gave them way too much water and way too much heat. Sucks. I was looking forward to that Strawberry Haze and specially that Hawaiian Snow. I'll be ordering new seeds soon. I'm waiting for GreenHouse's, Super Lemon Haze to become available through the site I get my seeds from.

This is Rmax find it at homedepot
Rmax.jpg

I would put it up all around the outside of your room it will definately hlp you control temps and humidity better. look into it you might use it you might not, just a suggestion:grinjoint:

Thanks. I'll definitely check that out.

Thats how framers do it build the wall laying down then tip it up and tie(screw) it in ...very efficient.

After reading your post I went into my grow room and took a look around. If i take the screws out at certain points, the walls will come off in sections. So i didnt put it together that way, but it's going to come apart that way if I ever need to take it down.

Thanks again.

It's only been 3 days since I last posted pictures and my plants are looking much bigger. I think I finally have them dialed in. I need to hurry and finish up my room so I can get these girls into flowering.

My tallest plant is 16 inches and my shortest is at 12 inches. I'm looking to be around 18-24 inches going into flowering.

Here are a few pictures from today....

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhh shoot, those bad girls are looking good man. All healthy and green. Keep it up man. Are you going to take clones from these to keep you a perpetual cycle?

Yeah. I'm going to be taking 4 from each plant and 6 from my OG Kush, since its a lot bushier and there are a ton of good looking branches on that plant.

So if they all make it, I'll have a total of 26 cones. I'll more than likely bring them inside, where the temperature stays around a constant 75 degrees, instead of out in the garage, where the temps drop to the sixties at night. I'll probably pull my portable heater out, just to be on the safe side.

How far along are these plants now?

I'll more than likely bring them inside, where the temperature stays around a constant 75 degrees, instead of out in the garage, where the temps drop to the sixties at night. I'll probably pull my portable heater out, just to be on the safe side.

I have actually read several places that is is beneficial to the plants when there is a temperature drop of around 15 degrees at night. I have never done it myself, but it seems to be a very common practice among advanced growers and those with good control of the grow room environment.

So, how far along are these plants now?

I have actually read several places that is is beneficial to the plants when there is a temperature drop of around 15 degrees at night. I have never done it myself, but it seems to be a very common practice among advanced growers and those with good control of the grow room environment.

So, how far along are these plants now?

There at about week 5-6 from seed.

As for the temp drop, I'll have to try that on my next batch. I dont want to risk it with this one.

There at about week 5-6 from seed.

As for the temp drop, I'll have to try that on my next batch. I dont want to risk it with this one.

I've got that much temp differential, 72 day, 58 night, check out my grow, they are budding up nice.

When I used to grow outside I found that it didn't hurt them to freeze, but you don't want a killing freeze, and snow sucks.

Point being, cold doesn't hurt. Indoor we can control conditions, cool produces more trichs, look into it.

:peace:

Tim What a change from when you started. Total over haul and a great job doing it. WTG :cheer: The girls are just taking the whole thing in stride and looking good. Nice Job:goodjob:

The temp thing folks were talking about. It is for when you are in flowering. It helps at that time. Wonderful job and +reps for you. :peace:

Great job on the grow room. Guess you won't be parking any cars in that garage any time soon. Plants look nice and health and are putting on some grow. Great job, hope you had a great New Year.. + rep

So today I finially got the balls to go for it. I cut 27 clones!!! lol. I've been making up excuses for the past week, why I shouldnt clone today.... but I went for it. I think they might turn out alright too. So here's the process that I used.

If I screwed up somewhere or could have dont things better... please dont hesitate to tell me.

-I used rockwool cubes that were left to soak in Seedling/Clone strength GH nutes overnight. PH 5.5

-I took 27 clones.

-4 from each plant. Mainly bottom and middle plant branches.

-I took 7 from my OG Kush since there where so many to pick from. Broke one almost in half. Its leaning over, so I put her in a cube off to the side to see what happens.

-I did one plant at a time so I wouldnt mix any up.

-I used Olivia's Cloning solution to stick the cuttings in immediately after cutting them.

-I mixed 3/4 cup per gallon as the instructions said.

-The cutting staied in the cup for a few minutes until I got upstairs to my little area I set up for cloning.

-I left and extra few inches on every stem, that I cut off under water mixed with Olivia's.

-I cut at a 45 degree angle about a half to quarter inch below where I cut the fans leaves off at. This cut was done under water.

-Right after the cuts I imideantly took them out of the water and dipped them in Rootech rooting gel.

-I let each cutting sit in the rooting gel for about a minute while I got the next cutting ready.

-I cut the biggest fan leaves in half

-I then put the cutting, with the tip heavily covered in rooting gel about 1 inch into the cube.

-After I was done, I misted them all down with Vita Grow, Anti-Wilt diluted to 1 part Vita Grow, 7 parts RO water.

-They were under 8, 23 watt CFL's, but with them all bunched together it began generating a lot of heat. Temps got close to 90 degrees, so I trimmed it down to 4, 23 watt CFL's.

Current RH: 86%
Current Temp: 81 Degrees

I'm trying to get that RH up and the temp down a little, but at the same time, I'm trying not to completely saturate my plants with water.

...... and thats about it.... Let me know if I did something wrong or if I could have done something different. Here's some pics...

My Cloning Station. lol
DSC_0363.jpg

My first batch, from my GWS
DSC_0365.jpg

My very first clone. Had to take a picture of it..
DSC_0366.jpg

Here's another batch. This is from my OG Kush
DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

After I misted the dome a little
DSC_0376.jpg

My dog got hungry
DSC_0377.jpg

I guess he like the taste of marijuana leaves
DSC_0379.jpg

He munched on em for a good 30 minutes to an hour. Then fell asleep right after. lol.
DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

....and thats it. I hope to get some feedback or any tips. Thanks everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom