Tony Sussan's Sealed Sea Of Green!

Few more days in jars for me yet mate! I am a bit fussy and like a bit of a cure on my ganja! Promise i will put a report in though when its time for me to try em! :thumb:

Beautiful work my friend.....beginning to end. I totally understand waiting for the cure to set...and set a bit more.

Congrats! :high-five:

I could seriously look at they room all night. So clean and the allure of the led. Always loved lollipop grows. These girls are huge.
Must be the Pepsi max

tonight i was feeling like a lazy prick! Deal with it! lol

lazy prick! :rofl:

What is the big white box thing in the first 'uncorrected' picture? I think it says "Suki" on the front.
The plants look awesome, but I'm always more interested in the grow rooms. :morenutes:

Dehumidifier mate. Being a sealed room i use aircon and dehumidifier to keep environment spot on.

Thanks. I'm having the opposite problem over here. My humidity was in the teens. I added a cool mist humidifier last night. It took awhile, but it's now up to 30-40%. I'm sure I'll be buying a dehumidifier in about 4-5 months. haha

I am aware you're in a sealed room. You have AC, dehumidifier, and a 'scrubber'. I'm guessing the scrubber is just a filter, right?

I'm pretty sure my second flowering room will be LED, so I might go sealed. I have several months to think about what I want to do in there though.

I love how your room looks! That mylared foam looks cool. I always get the scale wrong in my head though. Those plants look like they are 6' tall. Then you say they are only 3' at the tallest. BTW, thanks for converting to inches. Don't you use meters in Oz?

Thanks. I'm having the opposite problem over here. My humidity was in the teens. I added a cool mist humidifier last night. It took awhile, but it's now up to 30-40%. I'm sure I'll be buying a dehumidifier in about 4-5 months. haha

I am aware you're in a sealed room. You have AC, dehumidifier, and a 'scrubber'. I'm guessing the scrubber is just a filter, right?

I'm pretty sure my second flowering room will be LED, so I might go sealed. I have several months to think about what I want to do in there though.

I love how your room looks! That mylared foam looks cool. I always get the scale wrong in my head though. Those plants look like they are 6' tall. Then you say they are only 3' at the tallest. BTW, thanks for converting to inches. Don't you use meters in Oz?

Yeah a scrubber is just a carbon filter and fan. Keeps smell in check but also cleans and filters air to stop it becomming stale. Most people think it must be dirty and stale but in reality everytime i go in the room its like a fresh spring day for me. Warmish temps clean air with a low humidity! I also believe the plants are filters themselves which probably helps. The conditions would be perfect for me let alone the damn plants!

Cant recommend good quality LED lights enough! Spend the money and th results speak for themselves. There are some really good growers on this site now advancing the use of led and it seems we might have a few nasayers changing there tune! lol

We do use centimeters and meters in OZ but when you read journals and communicate with people stuck in the past (lol :cheesygrinsmiley:), well you know what they say about when in rome!

Really nice Tony!
That reject mamma's gunna set you up nice in there!
I'm all up and in that next journal of yours!
REPS!
:thumb:

Yeah a scrubber is just a carbon filter and fan. Keeps smell in check but also cleans and filters air to stop it becomming stale. Most people think it must be dirty and stale but in reality everytime i go in the room its like a fresh spring day for me. Warmish temps clean air with a low humidity! I also believe the plants are filters themselves which probably helps. The conditions would be perfect for me let alone the damn plants!

Cant recommend good quality LED lights enough! Spend the money and th results speak for themselves. There are some really good growers on this site now advancing the use of led and it seems we might have a few nasayers changing there tune! lol

We do use centimeters and meters in OZ but when you read journals and communicate with people stuck in the past (lol :cheesygrinsmiley:), well you know what they say about when in rome!

Thanks Tony. :thanks:

I'm not really on the fence about LED. I'm probably 80/20 decided. The only reason I wouldn't is cost. I think it's gonna cost me about $7-8k to build second flowering room with LEDs. It could end up costing more! I recognize the importance of getting my LEDs from a reputable and knowledgeable vendor. This will likely cost a little more, but I'm well aware of the old saying "penny wise, pound foolish". I'm considering trying a light mover as well. Jon and 420fied are doing well with them. I used them in one grow back in the 90's. I didn't care for them then, but I find myself running through the same logic I went through back then. Using one just seems more efficient. Anyway, sorry to run on and on.

Do you have any idea what you have spent on your current room? I have all the records for my new room, but I'm a little afraid to add it all up. Some of my cost was also more related to improving the home rather than specifically towards the grow space, but my gut feeling is I've spent $5-6k just on grow related expenses. The 'construction' line item is impossible for me to accurately estimate! You don't have to say if you're not comfortable sharing your costs.

Well i had to actually get the room built into my roof space. Friends a builder so was done with his help and up to code. Total cost for hardware and the room build, wiring etc is 12 to 12.5k then there are nutes (not cheap) plus the power while i had the massive delay in finding good pheno to start production. But once everything in the room is full it should pay for itself in less than 6 months plus provide me with my needs. Sounds like alot of money when i add it up but it has been spread out over time and i have made sacrifices in other areas of my life to enable us financially to do this. Long as the filth stay away we be all fine. I have a good job and contribute to society and certainly dont associate with undesirables so my risk is VERY minimal.

Yep I got 7k into my lights alone so far but like I mention in my journal the savings on hydro alone pays them off in 1 year,thats not counting the savings on nutes,I think most of us use around 50% of recomended dosage.By the time my new space is up and running I ll probably have around 30k into it,seems like alot but when you factor in that it will be making around that much every 3 months it doesn't seem so bad:)
PS: and one of the biggest selling points for me was the fact that there is no thermal footprint with led's. So as Tony says "the filth" cant see your room from the sky.Im the same way Tony I pretty much keep to myself and a small close circle of friends so the risk is minimal.

Yep i still gotta throw more coin at lights but that will come as harvests increase and frees up funds to do so. My only concern once i go with more lights is making sure enough juice is available to run it all. Oh and making sure i can move the product on quick enough and in as risk free manner as possible. I only associate with a select few so my exposure is minimal and even they dont know its actually me growing anything. Wife only and thats the way it stays. :thumb:

Great job and wise words tony !! Well done my friend , got nothing more to say ...
:thumb:

(Can't rep you again man, sorry :/
When this thing ends ? lol )

Well i had to actually get the room built into my roof space. Friends a builder so was done with his help and up to code. Total cost for hardware and the room build, wiring etc is 12 to 12.5k then there are nutes (not cheap) plus the power while i had the massive delay in finding good pheno to start production. But once everything in the room is full it should pay for itself in less than 6 months plus provide me with my needs. Sounds like alot of money when i add it up but it has been spread out over time and i have made sacrifices in other areas of my life to enable us financially to do this. Long as the filth stay away we be all fine. I have a good job and contribute to society and certainly dont associate with undesirables so my risk is VERY minimal.

Sounds like we're in pretty similar situations, just on opposite sides of the planet. :high-five:

We relocated to this area a year ago, so wehave very few friends here. Only one local person, besides myself and the Mrs, knows what's in the basement. My local buddy is going to be the broker for, hopefully all, of my product, so should only have to deal with one person. Like you, I just hope he can unload it as fast as I can cure it.

Yep I got 7k into my lights alone so far but like I mention in my journal the savings on hydro alone pays them off in 1 year,thats not counting the savings on nutes,I think most of us use around 50% of recomended dosage.By the time my new space is up and running I ll probably have around 30k into it,seems like alot but when you factor in that it will be making around that much every 3 months it doesn't seem so bad:)
PS: and one of the biggest selling points for me was the fact that there is no thermal footprint with led's. So as Tony says "the filth" cant see your room from the sky.Im the same way Tony I pretty much keep to myself and a small close circle of friends so the risk is minimal.

I expect to recover my entire investment, at the worst, after 2 harvests. It's very possible I'll recoup all the cost with the first harvest. I'm in a basement, so a thermal footprint isn't a big issue for me. Local LEO doesn't have a helicopter here anyway. Waaayyy to rural. The only chopper around here is the medivac. I like the cooler running LEDs for other reasons. It's much easier/cheaper to put heat into a room than take it out, can get lights closer, longer life, etc.

Yep i still gotta throw more coin at lights but that will come as harvests increase and frees up funds to do so. My only concern once i go with more lights is making sure enough juice is available to run it all. Oh and making sure i can move the product on quick enough and in as risk free manner as possible. I only associate with a select few so my exposure is minimal and even they dont know its actually me growing anything. Wife only and thats the way it stays. :thumb:

Again, our situations are surprisingly similar, other than needing more "juice" for lights. I already have 2 240V circuits wired up. One for each room. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom