We'll see how long they keep going. WWxNL still chugging along fine.
PXL_20230418_062241422~2.jpg
PXL_20230418_062236605~2.jpg
PXL_20230418_062231478~2.jpg
PXL_20230418_062224821~2.jpg

Just had a very cramped and uncomfortable time messing about with the dying plants.

I decided that the last thing to try is a bit more of a flush, disconnect from the reservoir and start top feeding them by hand. So I drained the Autopot trays as I put 6 litres through each pot. Had to scoop it out with a cup and suck up the remainder with a turkey baster. Over and over and over. 😏 I added calmag, plus 2ml/L A&B with about 9ml H2O2. Didn't get a rotten egg smell today but there is still a slight smell of something.

The input ppm was around 860 but the run-off was around 520. I wonder if what is described below has happened? With it being bottom fed.

If Run-off EC is Low:

It is less likely that EC of the run-off will be lower than the inflow. Normally, when this occurs it is temporary and self-correcting within 4 fertigation events. If it seems to persist, there may be a problem with inadequate distribution of water during fertigation events. This is more likely with automatic watering systems.

I think I'll keep doing this run through with 5-6L this week and monitor that run-off ppm.

I'm going to keep trying to get these to the finish line. It may not happen and it certainly won't be pretty, but I know I'll learn more by trying.

Only took 2 pictures tonight and then got depressed. 🤣
PXL_20230418_214713460~2.jpg
PXL_20230418_214708592~2.jpg

Pray these efforts will bring them back, fingers crossed!

If your feeding from top for the rest of their life then you could let them get alot dryer if you think it would help getting more oxygen to the roots. if you do just give them a bit extra run off on the feed after.

With Coco you can usually feed daily but as you have organic stuff probably best every couple days but your run off will tell you more.. keeping run off ppm just ubove feed is the spot sou you know they haven missed a beat.

Lastly don't water too slow you wanna push the crap through, Quick even waterings help.

That's just my exp with coir compost. 🤞🏽 for ya bro

If your feeding from top for the rest of their life then you could let them get alot dryer if you think it would help getting more oxygen to the roots. if you do just give them a bit extra run off on the feed after.
That's what I was thinking mate. Should help them a bit.

How long do you have left Vet? Did they start from the bottom? The deficiencies?
Well they're just over 4 weeks from flip so I'd expect another 4-6 weeks. So it's not like they've only got a couple of weeks left. I'd say mid to upper was hit worse. Looked like calmag to start, then maybe phosphorus. Then just went to absolute shit.

I was listening to the Growcast podcast and they were talking about magnesium and phosphorus. Said that if you gave a big dose of magnesium the plant would want more phosphorus to match it. I possibly way overdosed magnesium with the epsom salts a while back and that could've contributed to the issues. Maybe even caused the rootzone problems?🤷

Next run coco top feed to drainage of some sort from your pot system.
Could run the run of out the tent in some way.
You got to much invested in coco now i feel mate.
Or even back to hempy? its just the pot system i feel that started the issue then maybe as you say.
The resulting issues came from trying to sort the first one.You got this mate sure you can nurse to the end.

:thumb:

Next run coco top feed to drainage of some sort from your pot system.
Could run the run of out the tent in some way.
You got to much invested in coco now i feel mate.
Or even back to hempy? its just the pot system i feel that started the issue then maybe as you say.
The resulting issues came from trying to sort the first one.You got this mate sure you can nurse to the end.

:thumb:
I'm tempted to do a standard soil run next and be more guaranteed to get a good harvest. Then I'll be happier trying coco again. I haven't decided yet though.

I'm tempted to do a standard soil run next and be more guaranteed to get a good harvest. Then I'll be happier trying coco again. I haven't decided yet though.
I think you should still try at least one Coco on that on same system.. at the beginning I remember your Rh was way high plus organic Coco constantly moist which is text book for rot. I'd put my money on it running perfect with Coco perlite as long as your Rh is under control.

I think you should still try at least one Coco on that on same system.. at the beginning I remember your Rh was way high plus organic Coco constantly moist which is text book for rot. I'd put my money on it running perfect with Coco perlite as long as your Rh is under control.
There's 30% perlite in this coco. I reckon I'd add a load of clay pebbles too. Along with a layer of clay pebbles on the bottom.

60/40 clay pebbles gota bag ready for my next run.
Means a few extra feeds for the coco as it dont hold on to the feed as good.
But that might help tbh add some pertile if you feel the need ;)

.. at the beginning I remember your Rh was way high plus organic Coco constantly moist which is text book for rot.
@VetSmoke85 I am no good at specific deficiencies but I have suspicions about the decline of the plant if the roots have been subject to excess water over a sufficient period. I didn't learn this lesson last year when I mistakenly overwatered a plant that had been looking great, by giving multiple waterings in response to wilting leaves in the hot sun, for it to then start looking like nutrient issues when the soil should have been good nutrient wise.

This year for me, I trained out bigger canopies in the hot sun and repeated the mistake, the lesson then finally went into my grey matter and I realised my error. And my feeling now is, if the roots are subject to excess water for too long the plant starts looking like it's got nutrient issues, a red herring when the damage has been done by excess water. In your case I have no idea, but I just mention it because of what @greenvein pointed out, in case it relates. The plant I recently buggered looked very bad nutrient wise when it shouldn't have, I chopped off most the damaged stems and now it shows recovery, and has grown new stems and the new growth is all a nice green, which I conclude means the soil is actually fine, that there was actually not a direct nutrient issue, but one bought on by stressing the plant's roots with overwatering. Good luck!

@VetSmoke85 I am no good at specific deficiencies but I have suspicions about the decline of the plant if the roots have been subject to excess water over a sufficient period. I didn't learn this lesson last year when I mistakenly overwatered a plant that had been looking great, by giving multiple waterings in response to wilting leaves in the hot sun, for it to then start looking like nutrient issues when the soil should have been good nutrient wise.

This year for me, I trained out bigger canopies in the hot sun and repeated the mistake, the lesson then finally went into my grey matter and I realised my error. And my feeling now is, if the roots are subject to excess water for too long the plant starts looking like it's got nutrient issues, a red herring when the damage has been done by excess water. In your case I have no idea, but I just mention it because of what @greenvein pointed out, in case it relates. The plant I recently buggered looked very bad nutrient wise when it shouldn't have, I chopped off most the damaged stems and now it shows recovery, and has grown new stems and the new growth is all a nice green, which I conclude means the soil is actually fine, that there was actually not a direct nutrient issue, but one bought on by stressing the plant's roots with overwatering. Good luck!
Yeah the Autopots haven't worked out this time. Hopefully next time is better. Shit happens hey. It's frustrating but we learn more from struggle.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Looking pretty crispy and yellow. Bit late for an Easter colour theme. 🤣 I decided not to water them again tonight. The Autopot trays are bone dry and the top of the coco looks a little dry but the pots are still super heavy. I think letting them go another day will be good for them.

I can just imagine how awesome they'd look if they were still green.

PXL_20230419_212207651~2.jpg
PXL_20230419_212214624~2.jpg
PXL_20230419_212231665~2.jpg
PXL_20230419_212239435~2.jpg
PXL_20230419_212248370~2.jpg
PXL_20230419_212258025~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom