Weffalo's West Coast O.G. First Time Grow: Indoor, Soil, SIP, Auto

Nice ideal mate, nothing less than the flowers deserve :D

Just checked on my plants today, two of my little babies unfortunately are still all wearing their seed hats, I'm hoping it doesn't have too much of a negative effect and I've been adding a drop of water to soften them up but they don't seem to be falling off on their own lol.

Trying to avoid manhandling them and removing them myself as I don't want to risk killing them!

Has anyone ever used a flexible flat space heater like this pic?
1668529460526.png

It's only 500W so it's far more efficient than the alternatives but it seems kinda cheap/crappy made and I can't seem to find anyone who's reviewed it lol.

I'm currently using a 1500W "smart"space heater and it's just far too large and kinda inaccurate as the tent heats up way too quickly, it's only really useable outside the tent which is neither accurate nor cost effective lol.

Has anyone ever used a flexible flat space heater like this pic?
1668529460526.png

It's only 500W so it's far more efficient than the alternatives but it seems kinda cheap/crappy made and I can't seem to find anyone who's reviewed it lol.

I'm currently using a 1500W "smart"space heater and it's just far too large and kinda inaccurate as the tent heats up way too quickly, it's only really useable outside the tent which is neither accurate nor cost effective lol.
Has it got local utility rating stickers?
Csa in Canada.
A lot of untested electrical items come from oversees. :Namaste:
Safety first please. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Has it got local utility rating stickers?
Csa in Canada.
A lot of untested electrical items come from oversees. :Namaste:
Safety first please. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
I'm not sure but it doesn't come with a UK plug, your right Bill I will stick with my gut and avoid this one, safety first for sure!!

I'll figure something else out, I'll do more research :D

Day one of week two today, need to slightly increase the DLI at somepoint. I've put up an Exhale c02 bag but from what I read they take around 2 weeks to activate properly, once it does I can potentially increase the lighting but without confirming the PPM I'm not sure that's 100% the best idea!

Here are the girls so far, the seeds are still stuck to the underside but hopefully they fall off, still keeping them moist. The water in the saucer is still around half full after adding a few inches approx 36-48 hours ago so I'm leaving it as is for now. The water actually looks a bit "slushy" like it's been frozen but it's not that, hopefully it's not anything bad.

11116.jpg
11117.jpg
11118.jpg

I'm not sure but it doesn't come with a UK plug, your right Bill I will stick with my gut and avoid this one, safety first for sure!!

I'll figure something else out, I'll do more research :D
It would be CE in the UK or maybe BSA, CE is catchall for Europe. My Co2 Reg is now in the bin....

I don't have the seed stuck thing but I have a couple that don't look too happy. How old are yours now?
About 7-8 days since germination mate.

Regulator a pile of crap? Are you gonna get a better one or whats your plan?

@StoneOtter Hey mate welcome aboard, I saw your post, very interesting strain your growing there the mother looks incredible. Be very interested to see your SIP results as your res/pot is considerably larger than mine (not to mention knowledge and experience which obviously counts for a lot more!) :D

Little update of the ladies today, we are on day 2 of week 2 since planting now, the seed shells have unfortunately left a bit of damage on some of the leaves but hopefully it's not too big an issue, one is still stuck but it's on the underside so I'm again hoping it won't have too much of an effect.

The water I added around 60 hours ago has mostly been absorbed into the soil, I've not refilled the saucer yet as I'm not sure if it's the right time but I plan to potentially do it either tonight or in the morning, Ideally I need to be able to test the soii moisture half way down the pot but hopefully i'll be fine until I make the switch to SIP!

Pics including tiny bit of damage:
11119.jpg
11120.jpg
11121.jpg

This last one actually looks like the tips have some discoloured spots? I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid.

Def. see those 'damaged' areas you mentioned. Thing is, at this stage there's little can be done besides careful observation and an ongoing judgement as to whether it's waxing or waning.

If you still concerned about night time temps you can:
  1. Take plants out during light's out, to someplace warmer, and put a cardboard box ever them.
  2. Bring a freestanding shelf or table into tent and, after adjusting overhead light, place plants atop. Being higher in the air column will be warmer, even overnight.
  3. Pour hot water into bucket (keep lid on, could cause a dew point event otherwise at lights out)
  4. Add 2l pop bottles of warm water at night and cluster plants around them

Def. see those 'damaged' areas you mentioned. Thing is, at this stage there's little can be done besides careful observation and an ongoing judgement as to whether it's waxing or waning.

If you still concerned about night time temps you can:
  1. Take plants out during light's out, to someplace warmer, and put a cardboard box ever them.
  2. Bring a freestanding shelf or table into tent and, after adjusting overhead light, place plants atop. Being higher in the air column will be warmer, even overnight.
  3. Pour hot water into bucket (keep lid on, could cause a dew point event otherwise at lights out)
  4. Add 2l pop bottles of warm water at night and cluster plants around them
Cheers @ReservoirDog , much appreciated :)

So I avoided misting up until now apart from the first few days because I'm trying to get the plant used to looking down, should I give it a light misting today to moisten that crusty area up top you think? I'll get some h202 ordered but probably won't be here for a few days, thanks for the link <3

Night times is okay now I think, I'll figure out how to share my graphs later but night time is around 21-22c/65%rH and daytime is consistent 26 (+-1c) with around 65% rH. I've actually just got the controller 69 which when installed should give me much more consistent temps and humidity for all cycles.

By night time I do mean when lights are off, which is only 4 hours, the rest of the time we are avging 26c/65%rH.

Really appreciate the tips and I'm sure they will come in handy in future :D

I'll post pictures of how they are looking this morning when I can, I plan to add a few inches of water again today as it's now been around 24h since it was last watered (Since I found the saucer empty!) - I will also give it a spray on the top but I'll wait for your reply as again I'm apphrensive about over watering/top watering especially at the mo lol.

From a fellow newbie and tech minded person its mega frustrating when its not working "it should be so simple" - yeah not so much!

I'm aiming for 3 electric sensors of different brands and have an old fashioned mercury type thermometer on order becasue I don't really trust any of them. its about 29c's here in my study area with just a ceiling fan and the tent is cooler to the skin when I walk in yet one sensor is reporting 38c's :rolleyes: RH all seems consistent at ~45% though (these are in flower)

DeeBeeBee

So I mentioned the other day about the water looking a little slushy, here is a pic of the saucer when it's "dry" - I've cleaned it this time before putting it back in with another 2 inches of water. I would guess this stuff is just from the Superthrive Frass or some sort of run off from the compost?

It's probably nothing but it doesn't look pleasant so I thought I'd double check:
11123.jpg

11122.jpg

Back
Top Bottom