Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

For those of you who don't know, my picture won the Crop Kings 710 contest. We get to chose 4 strains of 5 seeds each. I believe they also are throwing in a shirt, a vape pen, some dab containers, a pouch, a couple mats, papers, and CKS logo pins. That was a fun competition. Let me see if I can round up my photo.

78203eb91e1197d0fa7da3f62a6bce49.jpg

Pretty stoked for being under the weather. Have a great day guys!

Oh, the strains we picked are
Early Vixen
Black indica
Amnesia Haze Auto
Northern Lights Auto

Heres a link to the contest.
710: A Dabbing-Themed Photo Contest - Win Premium Seeds

Also, our awesome sponsors have contests for us often. Be sure to check them out! :thumb:

Congrat's, Canna!!! Nice win! :welldone:

Sounds like quite the collection! From CKS we will now have dark angel, purple kush, super silver haze, black indica, early vixen, crown royale, and white cookies, CBDUTCH treat for the photos and early miss, Northern lights, and amnesia haze for the autos.

We will have to do an all CKS grow and make a journal for it if they have another journal contest going. Oh the possibilities...:passitleft:

white cookies x northern lights = white light !

I was on the fence with the hash plant. Maybe the next CKS order will contain that, eh?

It sort of stood out to me for some reason or another. Maybe because it is a more balance ratio compared to the high cbd or thc strains. I also liked the fact that it had a higher level of cbn which sounds like it's going to be a heavy hitter along with the cbd :)

Sounds like quite the collection! From CKS we will now have dark angel, purple kush, super silver haze, black indica, early vixen, crown royale, and white cookies, CBDUTCH treat for the photos and early miss, Northern lights, and amnesia haze for the autos.

We will have to do an all CKS grow and make a journal for it if they have another journal contest going. Oh the possibilities...:passitleft:

Good collection going yourselves over there! You will like the amnesia haze for sure, it's a day smoker! The 2 I grew could really take the stress and never stunted during any training. Grows some fairly dense buds that are just polluted in trichomes. Check out the last page of my journal for a look at the dry photos of it.

Re: Welcome All My Friends To The Show That Never Ends - Canna M & Nismo12 Team Up!

Congrats Canna!
Honorable mention to Nismo!
That pic is a winner indeed.:cheer:
For those of you who don't know, my picture won the Crop Kings 710 contest. We get to chose 4 strains of 5 seeds each. I believe they also are throwing in a shirt, a vape pen, some dab containers, a pouch, a couple mats, papers, and CKS logo pins. That was a fun competition. Let me see if I can round up my photo.

78203eb91e1197d0fa7da3f62a6bce49.jpg

Pretty stoked for being under the weather. Have a great day guys!

Oh, the strains we picked are
Early Vixen
Black indica
Amnesia Haze Auto
Northern Lights Auto

Heres a link to the contest.
710: A Dabbing-Themed Photo Contest - Win Premium Seeds

Also, our awesome sponsors have contests for us often. Be sure to check them out! :thumb:

We still have the big 13g nug in that picture. I almost want to keep it forever to remember our first grow. Almost like a trophy. Lol

The bad part is, we can't find a taxidermist to mount it without smoking it. Lol!

Maybe someone can have it cast it into a bronze statue that you can put on your coffee table, or something, and then still be able to smoke it??? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats on the win guys. I didn't even know 7/10 was a holiday.
I wasn't aware that it was celebrated until I saw crop kings had it with their contest. Nonetheless it was celebrated yesterday and was a good one.

Oh and last night out of curiosity I hopped on CKS' Instagram and saw that the picture was put on there and we freaked out lol. So it was a pleasant surprise to see that she got the win! Almost didn't want to say anything on here and make it sound like bragging about winning but winning 20 seeds and the other stuff is one hell of an awesome thing not to share.

This is where I get confused. Im under the impression that it takes multiple breeding of the same dominant strain female with multiple characteristics from multiple male strains keeping only the plants with the strong traits your looking for. To then re breed to your dominant female. I've an uncle who's had his own strain for longer than I can remember 20+ years and he says it took 2 years of cross pollinating and picking out the traits he wanted etc. before he came up with his "Green County Green" that's what he told me. But also he was doing all of this before auto or feminised seeds came to fruition so it's totally possible that his work for the most part could be worthless now at least in the auto photo cross pollination but food for thought at least. I hope it all works out I'm gonna be here watching .️

Outdoor organics. Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

I know nothing about breeding but ohio makes a good point... These days, you could eliminate potentially years off a program by just starting with your favourite fem beans....???? Rather than breeding till you get your 'mother', then starting 'your' strain.. You could still spend years finding those perfect phenos.. But at least you get some bud while you search...
Am I getting this right?? I would love to produce my own seeds one day when I have the space for a pollen area but I totally lack the patience to spend months and years developing "strains".. Would be fun to experiment with one-offs, though...

Congrats Canna! That's a cool pic for sure! What are you two go a do with all them seeds!? Ha! It gonna take me forever to go through the seeds I got from Herbies....they're packaged up in a light proof envelope and in the fridge. I hope that is the best way to store them.

This is where I get confused. Im under the impression that it takes multiple breeding of the same dominant strain female with multiple characteristics from multiple male strains keeping only the plants with the strong traits your looking for. To then re breed to your dominant female. I've an uncle who's had his own strain for longer than I can remember 20+ years and he says it took 2 years of cross pollinating and picking out the traits he wanted etc. before he came up with his "Green County Green" that's what he told me. But also he was doing all of this before auto or feminised seeds came to fruition so it's totally possible that his work for the most part could be worthless now at least in the auto photo cross pollination but food for thought at least. I hope it all works out I'm gonna be here watching .��️

Outdoor organics. Kera Bubblegum & Northern Lights & An Afghan Lime Are My 3 Strains & I'm Growing

I know nothing about breeding but ohio makes a good point... These days, you could eliminate potentially years off a program by just starting with your favourite fem beans....???? Rather than breeding till you get your 'mother', then starting 'your' strain.. You could still spend years finding those perfect phenos.. But at least you get some bud while you search...
Am I getting this right?? I would love to produce my own seeds one day when I have the space for a pollen area but I totally lack the patience to spend months and years developing "strains".. Would be fun to experiment with one-offs, though...

OK...so forgive me for what seems like another plug, but if you're interested in breeding, I HIGHLY recommend you checkout the "Bonsai Sultan Method" in my sig. I did NOT write the article, I just took a lot of time to repost it due to the great info on breeding. Even if you're NOT going to use that method, you'll have a much better understanding of how to breed in/out those types of traits.

That being said, there's a difference in producing seeds as hobbyists to be able to grow our own buds, and actually "stabilizing" a strain, which is a very long and involved process. But, in terms of creating some new strains/crosses (even if not stabilized), preserving some existing strains, and producing more seeds than you'll ever grow in a lifetime, this can be done relatively quickly and easily.

OK...so forgive me for what seems like another plug, but if you're interested in breeding, I HIGHLY recommend you checkout the "Bonsai Sultan Method" in my sig. I did NOT write the article, I just took a lot of time to repost it due to the great info on breeding. Even if you're NOT going to use that method, you'll have a much better understanding of how to breed in/out those types of traits.

That being said, there's a difference in producing seeds as hobbyists to be able to grow our own buds, and actually "stabilizing" a strain, which is a very long and involved process. But, in terms of creating some new strains/crosses (even if not stabilized), preserving some existing strains, and producing more seeds than you'll ever grow in a lifetime, this can be done relatively quickly and easily.
I'm going to be doing some reading tonight. I'm all about crossing strains and making some fun ones. Yes the crosses we make will not be "final" but will you ever be done trying to make the "perfect" strain. It'll become addicting I know that for sure!

I'm going to be doing some reading tonight. I'm all about crossing strains and making some fun ones. Yes the crosses we make will not be "final" but will you ever be done trying to make the "perfect" strain. It'll become addicting I know that for sure!

Actually, I wasn't referring to the crosses being "final" I was referring to them being "stable".

Once you do a cross, you'll have a bunch of perfectly good seeds. If you plant, for example, ten of them, they'll likely each have different pheno's. You'll pick the best mothers and best fathers from those (the one's the have the traits you're trying to bring out) and create the "F1 Generation" plants. There will still be a lot of diversity. I believe you need to continue that process and inbreed (the hybrid!) to the F5 generation before it becomes stable so when you plant ten of those seeds, most of them will express the same pheno.

Actually, I wasn't referring to the crosses being "final" I was referring to them being "stable".

Once you do a cross, you'll have a bunch of perfectly good seeds. If you plant, for example, ten of them, they'll likely each have different pheno's. You'll pick the best mothers and best fathers from those (the one's the have the traits you're trying to bring out) and create the "F1 Generation" plants. There will still be a lot of diversity. I believe you need to continue that process and inbreed (the hybrid!) to the F5 generation before it becomes stable so when you plant ten of those seeds, most of them will express the same pheno.
Sorry I miss spoke as well. I was referring them to being stable as well. Because once it is stable, why would you want to change it. Therefore I thought it would be final. But yes we are well aware that this could be a long drawn out process.

Thanks for all of the help on this. I'm really glad you have taken the time to share your wisdom with all of us. Have one of these and some reps...I'm rolling a few joints right now. :passitleft:

Sorry I miss spoke as well. I was referring them to being stable as well. Because once it is stable, why would you want to change it. Therefore I thought it would be final. But yes we are well aware that this could be a long drawn out process.

Thanks for all of the help on this. I'm really glad you have taken the time to share your wisdom with all of us. Have one of these and some reps...I'm rolling a few joints right now. :passitleft:

Hey, Brother!

:passitleft: Thanks! :thanks:

And, thanks for the +REPS! :thanks:

Also, thanks for allowing me to (or forgive me for!) seeming to correct you. I actually knew EXACTLY what you meant by "Final" and just wanted to make sure the newer growers weren't confused, especially in regards to the posts by OhioBoy & Santb.

While I haven't even started my breeding program yet, I'm willing to bet that you'll have as much fun experimenting with all the different phenos you get from a F1 cross as you will getting one stabilized!

:high-five:

to stabilize the pheno and traits you want you back cross it. In auto that would be from a sister plant same seed/pheno as parent. In the bonsi method or any breeding with regular seed. To stabilize you ideally would choose a stable strain not a f1 or s1 or crazy hybrid start with solid genetics. Then breed and back cross from the choice offspring to the mother or her clone.

just so those who have never bred dont get confused.

Excellent point & +REPS! :welldone:

I also casually alluded in an earlier post that the Bonsai method was different (as are many other breeding programs) because it uses "natural" males. This means, in every batch of seeds, you'll also have some true males.

When creating the feminized seeds using CS (or giberrilic acid, or just stressing the plants, etc.), because you're turning a genetic female into a hermie for the pollen, the genetics are still female, so all the seeds will be female, and no natural males to choose from.

Not so much hermie , I know old school is male/female for photo i get it . But hormones dictate sex and environment influences it aswell. temps, good light all right at germination. Ga is a hormone, and pushing a flower after it finishes thats design embedded genetic code, Imho not a dominant trait like early random bananas that will follow from a light or ph or nute strength fluctuation type stress "Hermie". As to silver idk is it heavy metal poison stress? yet some drink it.

And thanks Really grateful for the reps.

Yeah, but I think there's a difference between a plant that hermies under fairly normal light/nute conditions (i.e. genetically prone to hermie) and a plant that is intentionally hermied by, for example, drastically changing the light cycle. Since the latter plant wasn't genetically prone to hermie (you just stressed the crap out of it! :cheesygrinsmiley:), I would think its crosses would also not be easily prone to hermie, although, I could be wrong on that!

IMHO, the GA, CS, Lights & Nutes are all just different forms of stress to hermie the plant. Some are just easier to control.

BTW...You should NEVER smoke buds from a plant sprayed with CS!!! That plant should be used for seed only, as far as I'm concerned!

yes this is right , that is the aim of a breeding project ,to make seeds that a produce that 1 pheno that pheno is your "strain "

dont be fooled, almost all the strains "breeders" sell us are nowhere near stabilized , getting 4 or 5diff phenos is considered stable and is a little i suppose but i feel breeders are looking for the $ and not taking it as serious as we buyers think they are , eg i have a total of 7 stabilized strains and 3 of them are at what i call 1 pheno status , for me thats when i can sprout 100 seeds and get 70 of the pheno i want but heres the next bit the other 30 left need to also only be 2 phenos in total .

so 100 seeds 70 your plants is what you want the other 30are stillall all similar and in total you have 3 clear phenos but your pheno the plant you want the strain you have made i believe should be there in 70 of those 100.

nismo i can already tell that youve gone down the rabbit hole and caught the creation bug, you and canna both i believe will become nutter strain creators now ! welcome to wonderland

Back
Top Bottom