Welcome To The Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular

Take two cuts to get one in case it doesn't make it....once you get one from each plant that has roots and is going to make it, cull any left overs or give them away. I am not above taking 3 or 4 cuts on strains I haven't dealt with in the past. I like to try one directly in soil as well normal cloning techniques. The direct sow into soil can also add an additional week or two to the process.
I've been experimenting with putting clones directly into soil and started getting roots at the bottom of the pot and new vegetation in 11 days. That's a new record for me, so I'll be doing more of it.

Hey lerugged! Been awhile! Wondered where you were... Glad to hear something new is on its way. Hopefully we see a new journal of you going again! :ganjamon:
:yahoo:

So yeah, it's been a while. Life has taken over lately but I've not stopped growing. I hate empty pots. Just finishing up some plants from the winter grow on the deck and have a few beans popped waiting to go into the big pots and barrels.

I've been really busy with choosing strains and selecting phenotypes, cloning and vegging all in preparation to fem a lot of my landrace strains as our laws are set to change soon and I will begin exporting heirlooms to other fine growers around the world. I still have some orders outstanding which I need and intend to honor so hoping I can get my licenses in the next few months.
20220806_114215.jpg

So the first Pic is my amateur veg area. I've been using cfls for about 18 years now for vegging and it's been working super well. I have the lights in a way that I can drop or lift them each to accommodate taller and shorter plants. The clear tote is for cloning and has been spitting out clones for the last 3 months. This area Is filled with mothers, testers, clones and seedlings.
20220824_160016.jpg
20220824_160007.jpg

Second Pic is my old camping cupboard tent ish with a 75w LED my neighbour loaned me. This tent will be used to flip and give the clones a sex change. It's the pollen tent... well that's the hope. The clones have has their first spray of STS at 50% strength two days ago and will get the next spray and flip tomorrow.
20220824_155630.jpg

The third Pic is a tent my neighbour loaned me for the seed plants. I finally bought some proper grow lights in order to produce some decent plants filled with fem seed.
Still learning a lot as I've never grown in a tent let alone flowered indoors but so far it seems to be going to plan. They are 2 x 110w Samsung LED quantum boards with dimmers. Not sure its powerful enough for a 1m x 1m x 1.8m tent but so far the plants are responding excellently. Not too concerned about high yield of buds. It's all about seeds and hoping for a few thousand from the 10 mothers in there. Maybe a bit ambitious but hey, you have to aim high.
All the above plants are various KwaZulu landraces and heirlooms that I have been breeding with for the last 20 or so years.
Next up will be a run of about 100 Malawi landraces from my breeding stock to select the absolute best and superior plants for femming. Have quite a few different regions of Malawi to get through.
That's it for the indoor vibes.

Now for the deck...
As I mentioned at this point I am really just waiting for the winter plants to finish up. Some have a few weeks left, some might not finish. These were all from seed that I really just tossed into the pots and they sprouted and grew right through the coldest months of our winter. Lovely. I enjoy the winter grows as I don't have to water much if at all and I get rewarded with terp rich and extra frosty nugs, even if they are a little loose.
Here's a SSH bagseed that I made F1's with and then it got dusted by some stray pollen from one of my breeding males. Likely the wild lady of Double wild Durban but for now it's is a mystery. Turned out pretty well though. Frosty and stinks of lemon sweets and kinda grapey... if that's a word.
Here she is
20220825_134852.jpg
20220825_134840.jpg
20220824_113339.jpg

Then really it's just a few miss sticky variations which may or may not finish before reveg time. I'm doing a hunt for a DWD with pink pistils like the one @Carmen Ray grew last year (please drop a photie here If you still have one Carmen)
Anyways there is one with pink pistils but not same strain and likely temp related.
Here she is
20220826_120856.jpg

And finally two different phenotypes of miss sticky
20220826_120928.jpg
20220826_120922.jpg
20220826_120915.jpg

Magic is happening in the Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular! I'm so excited that you've reached this point and are going to share the next steps with us LR. :welldone:
Frosty and stinks of lemon sweets and kinda grapey... if that's a word.
It is now ... :drool:
please drop a photie here If you still have one Carmen
I will do so asap. I must plug in my external drive and have a look for a nice one.

This is an exciting project L.R. Here's wishing you all of the best Growmie!

So yeah, it's been a while. Life has taken over lately but I've not stopped growing. I hate empty pots. Just finishing up some plants from the winter grow on the deck and have a few beans popped waiting to go into the big pots and barrels.

I've been really busy with choosing strains and selecting phenotypes, cloning and vegging all in preparation to fem a lot of my landrace strains as our laws are set to change soon and I will begin exporting heirlooms to other fine growers around the world. I still have some orders outstanding which I need and intend to honor so hoping I can get my licenses in the next few months.
20220806_114215.jpg

So the first Pic is my amateur veg area. I've been using cfls for about 18 years now for vegging and it's been working super well. I have the lights in a way that I can drop or lift them each to accommodate taller and shorter plants. The clear tote is for cloning and has been spitting out clones for the last 3 months. This area Is filled with mothers, testers, clones and seedlings.
20220824_160016.jpg
20220824_160007.jpg

Second Pic is my old camping cupboard tent ish with a 75w LED my neighbour loaned me. This tent will be used to flip and give the clones a sex change. It's the pollen tent... well that's the hope. The clones have has their first spray of STS at 50% strength two days ago and will get the next spray and flip tomorrow.
20220824_155630.jpg

The third Pic is a tent my neighbour loaned me for the seed plants. I finally bought some proper grow lights in order to produce some decent plants filled with fem seed.
Still learning a lot as I've never grown in a tent let alone flowered indoors but so far it seems to be going to plan. They are 2 x 110w Samsung LED quantum boards with dimmers. Not sure its powerful enough for a 1m x 1m x 1.8m tent but so far the plants are responding excellently. Not too concerned about high yield of buds. It's all about seeds and hoping for a few thousand from the 10 mothers in there. Maybe a bit ambitious but hey, you have to aim high.
All the above plants are various KwaZulu landraces and heirlooms that I have been breeding with for the last 20 or so years.
Next up will be a run of about 100 Malawi landraces from my breeding stock to select the absolute best and superior plants for femming. Have quite a few different regions of Malawi to get through.
That's it for the indoor vibes.
I for one can't wait for the time!

Here is a pic you asked for of the pink pistils on that plant I grew in my last summer grow LR. That was a pretty plant that.

Couple of chilled updates for your pleasure. :)
All barrels except one have sprouts in them. The one without is because I am waiting on two winter plants to finish up so the plant that will go into the biggest barrel is now waiting her turn in a 20 lt pot. Here are My choices for the barrels this year:
Double Wild Durban - heirloom from two landraces from St Lucia area.
20220905_142415.jpg

Then we have the Super Silver Haze x KZN landrace (not sure which one though) . My winter tester was incredible so she deserves a big barrel. Here she is
20220905_142425.jpg

Then going into the largest barrel is Holly's Harvest- heirloom from breeding two landraces from different areas of KZN. She is probably the best plant I b have been able to work with since growing. Heavy on the lavender and aniseed terps. ( when I say heavy I mean she reeks even in veg)and very potent. Make your cheeks feel red potent.
Here she is waiting for her barrel
20220905_142548.jpg

Then as I mentioned I'll be growing about 20 malawi landraces to preserve lines and select a bunch of superior plants. Here is the one I'm growing for my stash cupboard
20220905_142437.jpg

Anyone who knows real Malawi knows this stuff is no joke. I've seen many hard-core smokers see their arses after a couple of drags. Haha.
The pots look very different from my previous update and that's because all the cover crops have been dug back into the soil to decompose, feed the worms and cycle nutrients back into the soil. Added some work castings and a little microbes for a boost. The cover crops will pretty much just regrow in a couple weeks, especially the marigolds.
Finally waiting for these two Durbans to finish up.
20220906_155708(0).jpg
20220906_155552.jpg
20220906_155532.jpg
20220906_155222.jpg

This is another Holly's Harvest that was in a plastic cup for months, barely hanging on. I popped her out into a pot just because it is such incredible smoke. Not expecting much, maybe a little nug but wanted to show how pretty this plant is
20220906_155857.jpg
20220906_155834.jpg
20220906_155828.jpg
20220906_155758.jpg
20220906_155751.jpg

The femming project is moving along at a good pace. Flipped the ladies last week and moved the lights right to the top of the tent as my canopy went yellow (guessing light stress) they look muuuch better this week and are getting their green on again. So first is the tent of females that will be pollinated
20220907_080911.jpg

Then the reversals or donor plants have begun to show their balls. Must admit I've not been this happy to see balls since, well forever haha.
20220907_081019.jpg

Balls Here
20220907_080951.jpg

And that's me for today. Hope everyone has smashing days!

Aaaand the mountain showing off a little
20220907_134806.jpg
You have a stunning view of table mountain. We had the far view of the mountain. Its so great to see you back at action bro!

Almost forgot.... here are some mantis egg casings that will provide my pest control this season. One on each barrel. Excuse the pics but that's where they are so don't want to fiddle and make pretty pics and destroy them. ...
20220907_151722.jpg
20220907_151710.jpg

And then this is my decoy plant. It's an olive tree that has been neglected purposefully and in a couple of weeks it will be crawling in lady bugs. They also spend time snacking whatever else is left after the mantis lavae get busy.
Cheers
20220907_152102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom