Welcome To The Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular

Hey all. Not much to report. Rainy weather this weekend so I'll have to keep an eye out for mold. Meh. So far I have identified 4 seedlings of the Durban land races that are male. Happy about that it will help with selecting the best one for seed production. The male flowers are tiny so will photograph when they are visible. In the meantime a couple bud pics of the Durban x Durban landrace. I'd say a week or two out. Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Looking good I'm excited to see the landrace Durban going.

I'm growing a Durban x Acapulco Gold right now.

Anyone that cant tell the difference sativa vs indica. This cross will help with that.

Too much is too much and a price must be paid to the cannabis Gods.

Its worth the time spent. lol

I don't get anxious, only cause I know its coming.

A noob, well I've seen some backstroking with lets call 911, I need help and panting. lol

Its not pretty, specially the 911 part.
Sativas can be very finicky and the long flowering times are hard for some people to keep a plant healthy for months.

The plants look great! I have been wanting to grow one certain type of plant since I was I high school reading a second hand High Times...thats Durban ! It's the Holy grail in my mind, lol. Back then there wasn't a way to get seed other than Mex bag seed, or fly to Amsterdam( eventually that happened, lol, Shiva Skunk came back, not my choice) Now i have space to grow, back yard and great guerilla grow private land.

My biggest issue is getting a couple seeds. I keep reading that you can't find the "original" and getting the next best thing can be a crap shoot from these seed banks?. Any ideas gentleman? I a sooo want to grow one.

( also Acapulco gold was one of those bigger than life types that we only got a couple times but made a huge impression on me, and made my one day I'll grow one, I hope list. I guess I like that type of high, the sativa high is what we grew up with down in Texas because that's what came across the border.)

Alright. Time for a quicky. It's mad hot today. The Cape Doctor arrived in Cape Town over the weekend. Man it was windy but it brings clear skies. Everyone survived thankfully. I'm going to transplant the two durbans that were inside into 20lt.pots and continue the GLR . Probably on the weekend. From the seedlings the hermies have been destroyed leaving me with 2 females and 6 very healthy males. Males will be moved inside to harvest pollen when the time arrives. One female is already in a 50lt pot and the other will be planted into one of the half barrels on the weekend. Clones will be taken from Miss Sticky and wild lady on weekend too as well as some from the Durban x Durban which is in flower already so will be a monster crop. Then a pic of the.LSD just about ready to come down. A little purple coming through and I've spotted a couple seeds from the transkei male.
I kinda expected one or two. The SSH is busy drying. She popped some male flowers at the end and was getting smashed by aphids. She has had a wash. Pretty leafy but everything is covered in trichs. Life has been a bit hectic but I've booked a few hours on the weekend to get ready for summer. Will update then. Have a goodie.
The two females. Both are Sticky x wild
IMG_20190926_134421.jpg
IMG_20190925_152242.jpg

Then the boys club. Some good males in there for sure .
IMG_20190926_134728.jpg

LSD
IMG_20190926_134352.jpg
IMG_20190926_134404.jpg

Me too. Lots to do still though. Some Malawi also popped up today so they will join the tribe. Ideally I'd like a male and female as the pollen I have is a little stale and I'd like to keep this line strong. It's a melt your face malawi , lime green nugs. My favourite. Also one of the Botswana landraces popped up. Some purple showing so might be an interesting one. The Kenyan landraces didn't come up so I've put some more in.
Between the Kenyan, Botswana, Durbans, Transkei and Malawi I'm going to have my hands full this summer. Not that I mind.

So where should I look for "close to the real thing" Durban or Panama? I screwed my post up earlier. These two are bucket list strains to grow.

So where should I look for "close to the real thing" Durban or Panama? I screwed my post up earlier. These two are bucket list strains to grow.
Not sure who has the pure Durban, most have been crossed with some indica to lower flowering times. I have Durban from Sensi Seeds and I believe Seeds of Africa's Durban Magic is worth checking out.

Go to ACE for the Panama. A buddy of mine just sent me this pic of his panama last night.

Fantastic! My PanZam has the same pink pistils. She really stands out this way :)

Back
Top Bottom