Welcome To The Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular

Pheno hunting Sativa - I remember doing that. That was a lot of work but the rewards are worth it.

Get a good male and pollinate and you're off.

I still have my 3 selections going in clones and made seeds but I run the clones. They can pretty much live indefinitely on 18/6 lighting.

I just cut one down I was using for clones she was well over a year old. They have the vigor that all the modern crosses do not.

Pheno hunting Sativa - I remember doing that. That was a lot of work but the rewards are worth it.

Get a good male and pollinate and you're off.

I still have my 3 selections going in clones and made seeds but I run the clones. They can pretty much live indefinitely on 18/6 lighting.

I just cut one down I was using for clones she was well over a year old. They have the vigor that all the modern crosses do not.
I'm wanting to start pheno hunting some of these long runners, but I'm looking at the time for them to finish and I'll probably have to clone the clones in veg at least once if not twice before the mother gets finished and I can test them. Or do you think it would be better to just keep cutting back the clone instead? 8-10 crazy sativas in veg for 4-5 months sounds like they could overgrow my space.

Any advice in regards to this?

I have a decent size VEG room and just put the Sativas in the corners. lol Let them go and take cuts when they grow to the lights. Run the cuts.

Eventually the mother either goes into flower or more cuts and she's sleeping in the compost bin.

Flowering out a mother well that takes some doing. They get REAL big.

I think I'm at like 18 or 20 mothers all from the same orginal run from seeds. I kept 3 keepers, crossed a few other plants with male pollen.

I'm wanting to start pheno hunting some of these long runners, but I'm looking at the time for them to finish and I'll probably have to clone the clones in veg at least once if not twice before the mother gets finished and I can test them. Or do you think it would be better to just keep cutting back the clone instead? 8-10 crazy sativas in veg for 4-5 months sounds like they could overgrow my space.

Cut the clone back. Let it get as old as possible. Then choose your branches cut everything else off and flower. You would want the flowers forming on the oldest branches for sure. They will the best anyways . Maybe save some space and grow 6 donkey dicks per plant with more plants. I don't know .. I veg for months and abuse them . Got about 30 tops per plant. They will only flower next year though so super long game for me even outdoors. Hella worth it though.

I have a decent size VEG room and just put the Sativas in the corners. lol Let them go and take cuts when they grow to the lights. Run the cuts.

Eventually the mother either goes into flower or more cuts and she's sleeping in the compost bin.

Flowering out a mother well that takes some doing. They get REAL big.

I think I'm at like 18 or 20 mothers all from the same orginal run from seeds. I kept 3 keepers, crossed a few other plants with male pollen.
Cut the clone back. Let it get as old as possible. Then choose your branches cut everything else off and flower. You would want the flowers forming on the oldest branches for sure. They will the best anyways . Maybe save some space and grow 6 donkey dicks per plant with more plants. I don't know .. I veg for months and abuse them . Got about 30 tops per plant. They will only flower next year though so super long game for me even outdoors. Hella worth it though.
Thank you guys for the advice. I abuse them quite thoroughly, if I'm keeping them for all length of time. I want to see how stable of cut it is. I'll probably have to keep them in my starter pots and trimmed back significantly. I just hope they don't start to flower from severe root restriction. I've got a decent amount of veg room, but it still stays pretty full just to keep my flower room fed. I'll have to keep them tiny while I wait for the initial cuts to flower out.

Thank you guys for the advice. I abuse them quite thoroughly, if I'm keeping them for all length of time. I want to see how stable of cut it is. I'll probably have to keep them in my starter pots and trimmed back significantly. I just hope they don't start to flower from severe root restriction. I've got a decent amount of veg room, but it still stays pretty full just to keep my flower room fed. I'll have to keep them tiny while I wait for the initial cuts to flower out.
You would have to up pot and veg with space before flowering them to make it worthwhile. I pot up from 1lt to 2lt to 4lt etc. maybe every month and a half. Then dock /top the branches in between to get some stubby thick woody growth going. Basically everything above a certain height gets topped at the node closest to my limit. I try let my roots grow a little at least every now and then. I've seen some people keeping them root bound hard for ages. Im not familiar with this technique though.

. I've seen some people keeping them root bound hard for ages. Im not familiar with this technique though.

I do that - root bound until they don't / cant live anymore. I have 1 plant now (not sativa) that started flowering after her tops went into the shade a little bit. lol She's gonna come down and be compost but the root bound mothers in VEG I do like you just when they get to a certian height I cut all the tops and make cuts for clones. She grows more and round round it goes.
I keep my mothers in #3 (3gal) square nursery pots. Thats about as big as I want to go the plants get to big in a larger container and cant last for a year in a smaller one.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've used some of those techniques before keeping a cut of Cannatonic going.

Up potting it slowly to larger sizes seemed to keep the plant happier than when I was keeping it severally root bound. I think that's the route I'm going to go. Cutting them way back seems to stall them as well, which would help keeping them small for longer.
:thanks:

Looking good I'm excited to see the landrace Durban going.

I'm growing a Durban x Acapulco Gold right now.

Anyone that cant tell the difference sativa vs indica. This cross will help with that.

Too much is too much and a price must be paid to the cannabis Gods.

Its worth the time spent. lol

I don't get anxious, only cause I know its coming.

A noob, well I've seen some backstroking with lets call 911, I need help and panting. lol

Its not pretty, specially the 911 part.
Sativas, even the african ones don't do any of that craziness to me.....or should I say I don't have any negative reaction to that type of high. I love the sativa highs! About the only time I am not a fan is if I hit the sativas a bit late into the evening and then try to get to sleep....my mind plays fuck fuck games with me and refuses to shut down. Thats where I come in with my sledge hammer (aka Hindu Kush) and she fixes mind issues. She shuts the brain down and the eye lids just naturally close and I wake up 8 hours later!

Keep em in small containers for sure and be aggressive in your pruning. I would start the clone in solo cups and keep them there as long as possible. I know you grow in the Kit so I don't know what your version of my top dressing is, but I have kept a plant in solo cups for 2 months but be prepared for an explosion when its up potted. I would recommend again going into as small of a pot as possible...maybe even a half gallon pot and repeat again.

One other thing I would consider, but also has a dangerous potential outcome, is monster cropping the clones. Wait until the moms are three weeks into flower before you take the clones. They will root in about the same amount of time as regular clones but then they will need to reveg before they really start to grow again. I find that will generally take 2-4 weeks if you don't take the clone after day 21 in flower. I have only taken a few clones later than 21 days of flower and I find they can be finicky and take a bit longer to get growing normally....4-8 weeks. So doing the math...wait til 3 weeks in flower, add 2 weeks to root the clones....you are at week 5 of flower. Add in 2-3 weeks for the reveg and you are week 7-8 of flower before its starting to grow.

If you have never dealt with monster cropped clones, the danger lies in the explosion of growth when it breaks through that reveg funk. She will throw shoots out of all sorts of places and will generate a lot of tops. Essentially she can get out of control real fast if you aren't careful. But back to the math....we are at week 7-8 on the mom when it starts growing and you get a month in the solo cup so that will bring you to week 11-12. Up pot to the half gallon or even a gallon pot and you can get another 3-4 weeks. That might give you the time you need to finish the moms before flipping to flower.

Keep em in small containers for sure and be aggressive in your pruning. I would start the clone in solo cups and keep them there as long as possible. I know you grow in the Kit so I don't know what your version of my top dressing is, but I have kept a plant in solo cups for 2 months but be prepared for an explosion when its up potted. I would recommend again going into as small of a pot as possible...maybe even a half gallon pot and repeat again.

One other thing I would consider, but also has a dangerous potential outcome, is monster cropping the clones. Wait until the moms are three weeks into flower before you take the clones. They will root in about the same amount of time as regular clones but then they will need to reveg before they really start to grow again. I find that will generally take 2-4 weeks if you don't take the clone after day 21 in flower. I have only taken a few clones later than 21 days of flower and I find they can be finicky and take a bit longer to get growing normally....4-8 weeks. So doing the math...wait til 3 weeks in flower, add 2 weeks to root the clones....you are at week 5 of flower. Add in 2-3 weeks for the reveg and you are week 7-8 of flower before its starting to grow.

If you have never dealt with monster cropped clones, the danger lies in the explosion of growth when it breaks through that reveg funk. She will throw shoots out of all sorts of places and will generate a lot of tops. Essentially she can get out of control real fast if you aren't careful. But back to the math....we are at week 7-8 on the mom when it starts growing and you get a month in the solo cup so that will bring you to week 11-12. Up pot to the half gallon or even a gallon pot and you can get another 3-4 weeks. That might give you the time you need to finish the moms before flipping to flower.
Excellent. I haven't used solo cups, but my starters are 6 inch square pots. They're around 1/4-1/3 gallon size. I have some different sized pots I can bring into the mix to utilize.

I've been wary of monster cropping as the reveg process can cause mutations. It definitely would smoke down the process even more though. I've cloned without bagging them a few times and it turns the 1-2 week process into 3-4. I hate to throw plants into flower before I get a rooted clone though. I've lost a couple of cuts attempting this. Then again, my initial clone from my purple Malawi mother was a reveg, as my initial cutting didn't make it. And it hasn't had any real issues beyond throwing 3 bladed leaves sporadically. I may try monster cropping.

Excellent. I haven't used solo cups, but my starters are 6 inch square pots. They're around 1/4-1/3 gallon size. I have some different sized pots I can bring into the mix to utilize.

I've been wary of monster cropping as the reveg process can cause mutations. It definitely would smoke down the process even more though. I've cloned without bagging them a few times and it turns the 1-2 week process into 3-4. I hate to throw plants into flower before I get a rooted clone though. I've lost a couple of cuts attempting this. Then again, my initial clone from my purple Malawi mother was a reveg, as my initial cutting didn't make it. And it hasn't had any real issues beyond throwing 3 bladed leaves sporadically. I may try monster cropping.

Take two cuts to get one in case it doesn't make it....once you get one from each plant that has roots and is going to make it, cull any left overs or give them away. I am not above taking 3 or 4 cuts on strains I haven't dealt with in the past. I like to try one directly in soil as well normal cloning techniques. The direct sow into soil can also add an additional week or two to the process.

I'm more of an indica fan to be honest as also suffer from a crooked back and can use it all day long without getting couch locked or zoning out for hours at a time, a sativa doesn't tackle the pain as an indica does and I doubt I'd achieve much without my back acting up. I'm busy with an ATF as I got a cpl seeds from another grower as mr.Stank has spoken highly of it in his journals in regards to his back and it's med properties...

I've got a few sativas that are a cpl weeks old that I'm waiting on sex to show which were all solid sativas ( WW X Cali o X white rhino X super lemon haze ) which I want to grow out properly as I didn't pay them much attention last season as they were the extras I had no place for.

Here's a pic of an early flower on my Durban cross I have growing now. She's dumping all her big fat fan leaves and replacing them with these long narrow bladed fans you see here.

These plants are amazing. They grow a lot different than their cousins from Cali.

This plant went 25 days until pre-flowers showed up after flip. I bet a lot of growers wood go crazy waiting. lol

Here's a pic of an early flower on my Durban cross I have growing now. She's dumping all her big fat fan leaves and replacing them with these long narrow bladed fans you see here.

These plants are amazing. They grow a lot different than their cousins from Cali.

This plant went 25 days until pre-flowers showed up after flip. I bet a lot of growers wood go crazy waiting. lol

Very nice indeed

love that pic bob shes beautiful man! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom