WheelO's - 360#2 - Auto Collection galore

thx CMX,

i will give them a good flush soon, RO and clearex.

then I will try a nice easy EC, even though 1.6 seems totally reasonable considering the amount of light and CO2 i am giving them.

i think i can drop my EC a bit just due to the RO alone.

so I was at the hydro store today to buy 10 dollars worth of EC calibration solution, to finally get my meter dialed in perfectly, and accidentally left (after paying) with a couple hundred bucks worth (8 liters) of AN Connoisseur A and B in addition to EC and PH calibration solutions.

oops. i guess im switching when my RO arrives.

well CMX, nice observations. I think you got it right.

my res was up a bit when i checked it today. read 1.9 right before i calibrated it. after it was calibrated it read 2.3, plus it didnt smell great and had a bunch of precip in it, so i dumped it.

my RO didn't come today so i just refilled with tap. my tap is about .36 EC out of the faucet, which is pretty hard i think. plus 100 year old pipe could have god knows what in it. I think the RO is really going to help. i should have got one a long time ago. when it gets here i will flush the media with RO and clearex. then, finally, accurately dose my res the way i want. Connoisseur no less. lets see if i can tell a difference.

I will take a pic in a bit to show you guys, but changing the feeding schedule to 45 min increments have really helped my stem problem. i think the double dip was giving the cubes so much water that the stem was wicking water when upside down. now, they are recovering very nicely and the stems are fattening up where they were thinnning before.

my RO still did not come today.

feeding today just tap water, hygrozyme, superthrive, and flora kleen. hopefully my RO will come tomorrow. if not I may need to do one more res change without it.

I didn't state in my journal, mainly not to have to defend my decision, but I removed my resevoir weeks ago. I fill the flood tray with about 6 gallons of nutes, have an airstone for circulation and oxygen, and leave it. Yes, it's getting dipped all the time. No, it hasn't caused a problem in the slightest. You've seen the pics, the plants are healthy, and so are the roots. Thought I might mention it, food for thought.

im still up. lol.

its nice to be on vacation.

hmm, interesting cmx. I wanted to try the same thing, but with out any rockwool. just enclose the sides of the cubes, and put holes in the bottom of them. keeps the light out, and would be like aeroponic, 10 min spray/dip 30(35) min air.

cheaper not buying RW, plus better for the environment, no trash to toss, etc. i want to try it, but it could only be done is the res was constantly filled. . . and i don;t want to do that right now. the change to 45 min feedings from 90 min i think made a big difference. the stems that were withering are gaining in size dramatically the past few days. maybe the hygrozyme helped? the voodoo juice?

what is your humidity? mine is like 60-70 all the time. also, you are using the wicks, that might be preventing you from having the problem i was having. i am not using the wicks, but at 45 min feedings (2 a day) its def not a problem.

If this was the first journal I'd read after coming back to growing after 30 years, I would have sat here all confuzzled, taken my ball, and gone home, LOL.

There is too much to learn and absorb here for one sitting.

I might as well be looking at a grow on a space station, LOL.

I will come back and read some more when my brain cools off and stops smoking, and I don't mean that in a 420 way.

thanks bro,

regards,

SS

thanks for stopping by SS,

yeah, there is a lot to learn from this style grow, I've already learned al lot and I still have a long way to go.

I see you are trying some auto's also, ill check that out.

My KING SR is just about ready to start dropping pollen on the rest of the guys. Then Ill have a pretty nice stock of auto seeds starting out.

I didnt like the taste of the LR#2 i grew, but the high was good. hopefully i'll like these crosses better.

I'm not really liking the way my Lemon Skunks are growing. Lots of side branching. I want 1 main cola, not a lot of side branching. I need a strain with 1 big cola if I want to really maximize my harvest at some point. for now i am just enjoying experimenting with breeding.

I would have to say all the things you did contributed to the recovery of your plants. Voodoo Juice is good, and hygrozyme works great. I also have the Connesouir nutrients, be careful, they run hot, especially in conjunction with other additives. Just a heads up. The wicks will make a huge difference for you, I can't emphasize that enough. I would not recommend using the cubes without medium, if you can use something besides rockwool, go for it, but if you are going to use beneficials (voodoo juice, trichoderma, etc.) they need a place to live, roots and water don't work very well in supplying them with a hospitable environment (I found out with aeroponics). I have also been trying to brainstorm an alternate re-useable media, perhaps perlite/vermiculite in cheesecloth or panyhose? I'm sure there is something clever to be done...
Laterz

really? just following pan's and 40fied's aero journals it looks like it kicks ass! maybe they're just that sweet, but aero also appeals to me because of its simplicity. because there is nothing to buy or throw out each cycle except dirty water.

i want to try it soon. but i would be interested to hear about other medium as well.

thanks for stopping by SS,

yeah, there is a lot to learn from this style grow, I've already learned al lot and I still have a long way to go.

I see you are trying some auto's also, ill check that out.

My KING SR is just about ready to start dropping pollen on the rest of the guys. Then Ill have a pretty nice stock of auto seeds starting out.

I didnt like the taste of the LR#2 i grew, but the high was good. hopefully i'll like these crosses better.

I'm not really liking the way my Lemon Skunks are growing. Lots of side branching. I want 1 main cola, not a lot of side branching. I need a strain with 1 big cola if I want to really maximize my harvest at some point. for now i am just enjoying experimenting with breeding.

I just jarred my LR buds and I'm planning my next grow. I like the LR buzz a *lot* and my substantial stash of seeds has now become much more valuable;). The taste isn't bad either, smooth and neutral with a hint of pine.

I've heard lots of good things about LR2, and I have 5 fem and 10 regular beans. Since I grow from seed, I want to build up my own seed bank, so every time I grow a new strain for me, it's going to be a seed grow.

It's such a crapshoot when you grow from regular unfeminized seed and only have room for 6-8 plants max. The seed bank I got the LR2 from screwed up my order and sent me 5 fem seeds instead of the 10 regular I ordered. They offered to send me the 10 regular at half-price, and that's how I wound up with the 5 fem seeds.

It happened by accident, but having the 5 fem and 10 regular opens up some nice options and at least gives me a much better chance of breeding pairs. I can put two fem seeds in 3 gallon pots, and put 6 regular seeds in 2 gallon pots. That should give me a good chance to produce seed stock, and if not, having 8 girls wouldn't be so sad either:grinjoint:

I'm very interested in the biology of breeding and technology, so I'll be following along.

regards,

SS

To each their own. I also did my aeroponics outside, increasing the difficulty level. IMO, I started with the most difficult, expensive, yet highly productive, style of growing. I did well, but the work was more intense than I was interested in, I did it that way for over a year. I merely stated that beneficials don't survive AS well in aero, and medium-less environments, not that they don't work. I'm just offering advice from my experience, not telling anyone "how it's done". Again that's why I don't mentin the changes I make anymore, instead I will post the changes I made after the grow is done...

hey CMX,

i wasn't trying to argue with you, just telling you what i think too. discussion is why i am here. and you have been helpful! i am interested in how your doing your grow, so i can learn from it too, but i am a patient man, can wait to the end if thats what your plan is.

thanks for the input bud.

SS,

I am starting to breed (As you probably already know) and I don't want any males. if I had to weed out males in my system, i wouldn't even try to start from seed. I'd need to start 160 plants and wait 3-4 weeks to drop them in the wheel till they sex, and toss 80-ish plants. not gonna happen. thats why I used the STS method of producing feminized seeds. I'm almost home free now with a bunch of feminized beans. My fem-male is just about to start to open. If this works as planned, i will probably do one more STS round to get a thousand seeds. that will be the real start of the breeding program.

lookking forward to it. you should think about sts. its very cheap.

the UPS tracking website says my RO is out for delivery which means i will get it today. just in time.:cheer:

will drain and fill my res when it gets here. i will also take pics and give an update of what my res looks like when im done. I have a sneaking suspicion that my tap water is causing problems with the nutes. my friend father baker was getting impatient to sit around while his ro filled, was thinking of just going to tap and after a few waterings with tap started to have problems. went right back to ro and they recovered immediately. our water comes from the same place and we both have 100 year old houses. i hope i see the same improvement he did. plus its an extra .3 ec of healthy nutes i can add and still keep it lighter.

ok, my RO arrived.

it didnt come with faucet hookups, instead they wanted you to tap into a feed line and a drain line. F that. maybe when i buy a house. till then, i went to home depot and got some connectors, and hooked it up to my faucet.

T- minus 8 hours and counting till its filled. lol.

so far the ppm is kinda high, but it says to flush it for 4 hours, so i will. then drain the res, and fill it again. this is gonna take all day to do.

i feel like I am talking to myself, but what the hell, i like me anyways so:

my EC was off because the light is still making interference even though its on another circuit. i turned off the light. now the RO EC is .05, in ppm that equates to 25ppm ish. there maybe a certain amount of error in the meter too. but it is at acceptable numbers in my book. looks good. i figure it will be full around 1 am. then i get to add nutes, feed them, and see how they respond.

i don't know why I am excited to feed, but i am. has been 3 full days of flush with no niutes. they must be hungry.

Back
Top Bottom