Xbones Super-Grow Adventure - Veg For Juicing & Flowering For Everything!

Re: Xbones PlatinumLED Super-Grow Adventure - Veg for Juicing + Flowering For Everyth

northwest cascade moutains

We have Wind, Solar, Hydro, coal, and nuclear energy here.

im prolly about 60 miles from hanford plant.. (luckily not down wind from it)

i knew that companys posted on your bill what you pay per watt but didnt know what it was to look for.. thanks platinumled ill have to see what i pay per kwh..

almost anywhere you look where i live, there is a wind farm, single wind mill's, solar farms, single solar pannels, and dams everywhere. then we have our nuclear plant as well.

moutain people, we dont like to depend on others much ha.

I&i

Ya whats messed up is Im like like 15mins away from the biggest wind farm in California but im still getting shafted on electric prices...

Re: Xbones PlatinumLED Super-Grow Adventure - Veg for Juicing + Flowering For Everyth

sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you get your power from the wind farm?

i live 25 miles from 2 giant wind farms and i do mean behemoth..

however when we first got our electricity we went through normal PUD first without realizing they had competition. but even PUD prices were cheap. the fiance pays the bills so im not positive on anything, she just tells me what she needs for the bills and ive never asked questions. but if she ever dared tell me i needed to pay 600 for a month you bet i would be raising some questions ha.

but now that mark has said something, i am going home and asking to see what we pay per kwh haha, she may not like whats to come in the near future. have her shopping around for a new electricity provider.

I&i

Edit : btw, where i live that 600 electric bill is more then i pay in rent ha..

i pay 550 for rent here in the mtns in a 800 sq ft house on a acre of land. my electric has never been over 140$ and water is free from the mtns :)

main_p4455.jpg

This is what you need.. A few of them :)

main_p4455.jpg

This is what you need.. A few of them :)

Ya I just got back from home depot and the guy did not know what I was looking for so left with nothing since he could not show me anything else.. Guess ill have to order online and wait a week to get it...

Ya I just got back from home depot and the guy did not know what I was looking for so left with nothing since he could not show me anything else.. Guess ill have to order online and wait a week to get it...

Dude is just stupid or didn't know but I know HD does sell them I'll send you a link, if you select your store it should even tell you the Isle.

Hey everyone! I have an update since I have some changes again! I also got a killawatt meter at home depot so will be using that for the next week making sure everything checks out.. Tonight im also adding a support system for the flower babies before they get to big.. Have not done this before but im sure these monsters will need some lol.. Im going to use tomato cages and I think it will work perfectly how im going to do it but we will see im just winging it haha..

Heres an update of some other changes I did in the flowering tent and of course the vegging babies... Hope everyone enjoys! Happy Growing!
[video=youtube;EE3UhIlKlKI]
[/video]

Simply amazing!

:goodjob:

Hey everyone!! Last night I was able to get my support system setup for the flowering tent and it worked better than I thought it would.. The only negative is I can't turn my buckets everyday anymore since the cages overlap each other.. They would have to be spread out a little more but then would need more lights so im not to worried about it.. I turned them where I liked it and put the cages in place after snapping off the metal rods that go into the ground normally..

Heres a few pictures of what I did and of course a few snaps of the vegging tent.
06935.JPG
07031.JPG
07141.JPG
07225.JPG

So I have been reading about organic/natural nutrients being a pain in the butt in hydroponics. About what I have heard is it's a pain to keep the res clean but what else? So far I'm using organic nutes but ya the res has that smell but not a biggie and about to have my first res change coming up... Also have 8in air stones in the res running 24/7 and temps never go above 78 during summer and like 74 now lol.. Should I be ready for some surprises that has not happened yet?

I feel a lot of people could learn from you by how clean you keep your growing area. In my experience the environment a plant grows in matters as much as anything else. Lots of people end up with pest issues, or other problems with their Cannabis plants that are directly related to the environment they keep them in.

In all the shots you post everything is neat, clean and well laid out. In my opinion this is an aspect of growing that more people need to focus on and is not often mentioned to newbies.

In terms of the DWC when I used to run it I never used organic nutrients, and would use FloraKleen to keep salt build up down.

Lol well keeping everything clean does not work if you bring in spider mites with you. Still have a lot to learn. One is having a select outfit to wear just for the grow area and not use what you have worn for the day. (My idea is a painters white outfit I have seen on tv would be perfect I think) I think I have carried in a spider mite and sadly one of the AC/DC babies I found tonight had spider mites and white bite marks on it but pulled it out right when I seen it and kinda quarantined the plants that surround the infested plant. I have sprayed down the one that was infested with a soap mix after removing it from the tent.

I have spent a ton of time looking over the rest of the plants and see no signs whatsoever but will be getting ladybugs tomorrow just in case for the vegging tent. Now all I can do is watch and treat as needed. So far I have used soap mix and will be trying the Calicleaner technique if the soap does not work. Also I have read that SoCal is common to have spider mites so its not a surprize that I might have carried one in or just got one naturally even tho I try to keep it clean as possible.

One other thing I read about spider mites is they go after sweeter stuff like strawberries and the thing I noticed between the AC/DC and Harlequin/sue is the AC/DC was really sweet smelling like fruity loops and the harli/sue was earthy when I rubbed their stems and smelled my finger. So i'm hoping they only hung out on the AC/DC and I see it before they started moving around in the tent but we will see.

Heres a video of when I just pulled it out of the tent and showing what leads me to spider mites.
[video=youtube;iul7imecULs]
[/video]

I feel a lot of people could learn from you by how clean you keep your growing area. In my experience the environment a plant grows in matters as much as anything else. Lots of people end up with pest issues, or other problems with their Cannabis plants that are directly related to the environment they keep them in.

In all the shots you post everything is neat, clean and well laid out. In my opinion this is an aspect of growing that more people need to focus on and is not often mentioned to newbies.

In terms of the DWC when I used to run it I never used organic nutrients, and would use FloraKleen to keep salt build up down.

Thanks so much! Im lucky that all the clean, neat, and well laid out stuff I have done has come naturally for me. (minus not having a select grow outfit so I don't bring spider mites in with me in the future lol) Seems like since I started growing I have become OCD and it does not feel right if its not like how I have been doing it so far.

To tell ya the truth im happy I got spider mites early (Since they're so common in SoCal I would end up getting them one day anyways i'm sure) so I can learn from it and know how to kill them and how to not get them in the first place. Im not worried about it much since I do keep a clean environment im sure it will be easy to get them out of there since I caught it so fast. Also helps to spend an hour or two every day with your plants just learning what is normal and not then you know when somethings wrong like tonight. (They probably think i'm wanting to eat them or something :;): hehehe if only they knew!) or I would have not caught this so early im sure.

Also helps to spend an hour or two every day with your plants just learning what is normal and not then you know when somethings wrong like tonight.

This^

I know so many growers that seem reluctant to mention their "time-in-garden" like they shouldn't be doing it or something, but truth of the matter is, spending that time in there is important to me.

My wife has come looking for me after not seeing me for an hour only to walk in and find me standing there staring at them like I'm hypnotized. She mumbles something about "creepy stalker" and walks away. lol

This^

I know so many growers that seem reluctant to mention their "time-in-garden" like they shouldn't be doing it or something, but truth of the matter is, spending that time in there is important to me.

My wife has come looking for me after not seeing me for an hour only to walk in and find me standing there staring at them like I'm hypnotized. She mumbles something about "creepy stalker" and walks away. lol

LOL Too funny! Thats just crazy why they would be reluctant. I so know how ya feel its really a stress reliever to just sit and watch the plants. Haha ya Angie will be trying to find me and ill yell out from the tent IN HERE... Her next commit is always WHAT ONE?? Im always in one of the tents stalking away after lights on haha (dont forget a nice comfy chair lol)

They are completely hypnotizing. I lose myself looking into them its awesome. Not a stress in the world. :)

Just stoppin by to send some positive vibes your way.
Much love and respect :)

So I have been reading about organic/natural nutrients being a pain in the butt in hydroponics. About what I have heard is it's a pain to keep the res clean but what else? So far I'm using organic nutes but ya the res has that smell but not a biggie and about to have my first res change coming up... Also have 8in air stones in the res running 24/7 and temps never go above 78 during summer and like 74 now lol.. Should I be ready for some surprises that has not happened yet?

There are several problems using organic nutrients with Hydroponics. Organic nutrients rely on the soil bacteria and microbes to break down the nutrients unto usable forms for the plants. Hydroponics lacks the bacteria and microbes necessary to break down organic nutrients into usable forms. When using organic nutrients with Hydroponics bacteria can cause bacterial blooms creating sludge in a nutrient reservoir.

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

Sierra Natural Sciences makes 2 products to kill spider mites and thrips and other insects SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control. I add 3-5 drops of Ivory Liquid Soap per gallon as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I would spray every 3 days for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch.

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

Sierra Natural Science has free sample kits

https://www.sierranaturalscience.com Free Sample Kits

if you make the pepper spray with habanera peppers, make sure your fans are off, face is covered, proper respirator and you will need to use the spray at least once a day i found best results with 2-3 applications throughout the day period.

Spider mites hate water, so just a constant mist will keep them slowed down while u can manage them.
they also breath out of their entire body (exoskeleton) so when you add soap (potassium fatty acid soaps) i like Dr Bronners Peppermint soap it will coat their body in a sticky (soapy) residue that will suffocate them. ***dont add to much soap or else you will close the stomata and kill your plant***
the chemicals inside the fresh chopped up pepper, will be equivalent to us taking a bath in pepper spray, they will be slowed by the water and soap, suffocated by the soap and burnt by the pepper.

ive also just picked up 4 fl oz of cinnamon leaf extract and 4 fl oz of rosemary extract that i will be adding to my new spray as well.

just remember to be prepared to spray pepperspray in your house. i like to do it right before we go out for a walk with the dogs or take the dogs to town with us.

i spray my plants with different home made sprays once a week at the very least just to prevent any from wanting to setup shop in my garden. ive used these sprays up to the last 2 weeks of flowering with no ill effect. but i do have good air circulation as well as air being pulled out

I&i

Thanks so much for the advice King and GF. We are trying to stay away from chemicals since that tent is a 24/7 Veg tent for juicing and it looks like I removed the plant that had spider mites on it before it touched the rest of the vegging babies as there has been no signs on the rest of them. I'm using Diatomaceous Earth as a defense in the veg tent when my sprayer gets here thursday just in case a mature spider slipped past me. So glad I did not need to pepper spray myself and the rest of everyone in the house haha!

So far a soap mix and Diatomaceous Earth on the AC/DC plant that had spider mites on it seems to killed off the spider mites but will keep it in my bathtub till I feel safe enough adding it back to the veg tent. Video update coming in a few day before I trim up the vegging plants. They are so huge now! Hope all is well and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom