Xbones Super-Grow Adventure - Veg For Juicing & Flowering For Everything!

Re: Xbones PlatinumLED Super-Grow Adventure - Veg for Juicing + Flowering For Everyth

Santa Barbara at the moment, but moving down to the valley in a few days :)

Re: Xbones PlatinumLED Super-Grow Adventure - Veg for Juicing + Flowering For Everyth

Santa Barbara at the moment, but moving down to the valley in a few days :)

Nice!! Here is the video update!! Hope you guys like it! [video=youtube;wgS0L68z0R4]
[/video]

Dang what happened to everyone.. Must be on vacation haha!

I know I know videos are not for everyone so heres some pictures of the recent changes..

0091151.JPG
011902.JPG
017507.JPG
012823.JPG
014679.JPG
018451.JPG

The mothers are gone! We ended up juicing them instead of going to full term so we could get the real grow going with the six 5gal buckets... I took 6 of the weakest clones from the veg tent and put them in to flower and im sure they will fill out nicely still tho..

By the time these 6 get done flowering the seedlings we have will have been vegging for 2 months and will be perfect to switch over to flowering and then who knows! lol

I just started the Juicing Mothers with General Organics Biothrive and they are loving it so far at 800 PPM and will increase a little more till they tell me so.. After they have been on it for a week we will start juicing from the mothers whenever needed (most likely once a week..)..

The flowering clones having all ready started at around 550 ppm and going up 100 a day till they dont like it and then pull back a little so they can grow big and strong! The pre-veg tent will start as soon as they are big enough in a few weeks or so..

I also forgot to say im feeding the flowering tent and the vegging mothers 3 times a day during lights on and 2 times a day for the pre-veg seedlings with just clean water untill they get bigger.. Not sure if I ever said this but im also turning every plant a quarter turn every day since I started for even growth..

I have been reading around 420mag about having lights on for 11 hours and dark for 13 hours for better resign so I figured I would give it a shot and I have put the flowering tent into a 11/13 timer and we will see what happens!

Love your setup, Xbones. So clean. Looks like the inside of a nicely modded gaming rig. :popcorn:

i know. i know. smoke another one... :roorrip:

O the modded gaming rig is in the other room haha! :thanks:

So I have a question.. today I got my power bill and it was $630! last month it was the same and since it was so high we turned off the A/C to the house and opened the windows.. 30 days later... my power bill is yet again $600+ make no sense at all...

How is the power bill for you guys? does this sound normal even for how many watts I have.. If its correct how the hell does all these people running these expensive HID light at more watts then me.. There electric bill must be $2000 a month...

I'm not big scale but I'm running around 3000w from my grows and mine is about 100 every month. But i never ran a ac, throwing the hps up actually for some more heat for this winter ;)

I know electricity also depends on wherected u live. I have wind energy as well as the normal stuff ha so competition helps keep prices decent

I&I

You need those Kill a Watt meters :) that's why I was asking you how many Amps you are pulling now.. If you can switch over some of your Power Feed to 220 instead of the 110 you can save a few bucks. . But it sounds like your AC is the Killer.. And Remember most places are running Tired Rates.. So if you pull more than x at the Wrong time of day they charge you more per Kilowatt. You are mostly LED now.. SO you must just be pulling a lot during PEEK power times and Raising your bill to.. Cali is the worst for Electric rates. MY Place in SB was all Solar.. If you can spring a few bucks on a Small PV array you can make the entire Grow LOAD go away..

Also your P1200 Should pull about 4 amps on Veg and abut 7.5 on VEG/Bloom. Mine does. And Remember Heat loss is your enemy.. If you have any wiring that is Hot to warmish it is not sized correctly for the load. That Heat will cause your power bill to go up (Heat is resistance) = more cost to send you the power, and you need more AC to cool back down, and its dangerous :) . Make sure your running the right size wire for the job. Check your p1200 lights if the Feed cables are warm then Mark may have a heavy gauge solution for you..

IN a setup like yours it would be the most efficient and cost effect to run a sub service of about 40 amps to a Sub box that you then pull your LEDs Fans Pumps etc from.. This then Pulls the Load evenly over that 40 Amp sub service is much more affordable / efferent way to draw your power.

Thanks for the info everyone.. I have not been running the house A/C for a hole month... last month I was and the price is the same somehow.. wtf.. Im running 100% LED's and my vegging plants come on at 4pm and go off at 10am.. my flowering tent comes on at 8pm and goes off at 7am.. And yes cali power prices suck im in teir4 or whatever they call it lol..

I talked to mark about the cord for the P1200 getting really warm and my shorter cord that is the same size does not get hot at all.. He said thats normal for the p1200..

I would love to put up some solar panels in the back yard but what money I had went to this grow so now im broke but maybe in the future..

Have no idea about sub service stuff and have no one I trust to come in and help me do that stuff sadly..

3000w and only 100 a month wtf where u live?? im running at max 2500w and my bill is 4 times at much... something must be wrong because led's are 70% cheaper i thought on eletric lol..

out of all electricity used which is about 8000-9000 watts total, it's roughly $1800 a month.

I just Left SB .. MY Home ... Now in Southern Oregon.

Born and raised here. My stomping grounds :)

I need to get the hell out of here, I'm going crazy. Looking forward to moving away again, but I know in the end I'll end up dying here. I have deep roots here that will never die off.

Hey XB!

If you look at your bill details, you should be able to find how much you're paying per kWh - Kilowatt hour. This is the measurement they use when billing you.

There should also be a rate breakdown on there of any peak times, rate adjustments, tiers, etc.. all with different kWh ratings/pricings.

What are you paying per kWh? Do you see any way to adjust your consumption usage to get on a different tier?

Dang what happened to everyone.. Must be on vacation haha!

I know I know videos are not for everyone so heres some pictures of the recent changes..

0091151.JPG
011902.JPG
017507.JPG
012823.JPG
014679.JPG
018451.JPG

The mothers are gone! We ended up juicing them instead of going to full term so we could get the real grow going with the six 5gal buckets... I took 6 of the weakest clones from the veg tent and put them in to flower and im sure they will fill out nicely still tho..

By the time these 6 get done flowering the seedlings we have will have been vegging for 2 months and will be perfect to switch over to flowering and then who knows! lol

I just started the Juicing Mothers with General Organics Biothrive and they are loving it so far at 800 PPM and will increase a little more till they tell me so.. After they have been on it for a week we will start juicing from the mothers whenever needed (most likely once a week..)..

The flowering clones having all ready started at around 550 ppm and going up 100 a day till they dont like it and then pull back a little so they can grow big and strong! The pre-veg tent will start as soon as they are big enough in a few weeks or so..

Those are going to be some monsters. Loving how clean everything is. I also like how you are embracing new technology(in the cannabis space). Way to many growers stagnate and never try to innovate.

One of the best journals on the site!

Thanks for the info everyone.. I have not been running the house A/C for a hole month... last month I was and the price is the same somehow.. wtf.. Im running 100% LED's and my vegging plants come on at 4pm and go off at 10am.. my flowering tent comes on at 8pm and goes off at 7am.. And yes cali power prices suck im in teir4 or whatever they call it lol..

I talked to mark about the cord for the P1200 getting really warm and my shorter cord that is the same size does not get hot at all.. He said thats normal for the p1200..

I would love to put up some solar panels in the back yard but what money I had went to this grow so now im broke but maybe in the future..

Have no idea about sub service stuff and have no one I trust to come in and help me do that stuff sadly..

3000w and only 100 a month wtf where u live?? im running at max 2500w and my bill is 4 times at much... something must be wrong because led's are 70% cheaper i thought on eletric lol..

northwest cascade moutains

We have Wind, Solar, Hydro, coal, and nuclear energy here.

im prolly about 60 miles from hanford plant.. (luckily not down wind from it)

i knew that companys posted on your bill what you pay per watt but didnt know what it was to look for.. thanks platinumled ill have to see what i pay per kwh..

almost anywhere you look where i live, there is a wind farm, single wind mill's, solar farms, single solar pannels, and dams everywhere. then we have our nuclear plant as well.

moutain people, we dont like to depend on others much ha.

I&i

Hey XB!

If you look at your bill details, you should be able to find how much you're paying per kWh - Kilowatt hour. This is the measurement they use when billing you.

There should also be a rate breakdown on there of any peak times, rate adjustments, tiers, etc.. all with different kWh ratings/pricings.

What are you paying per kWh? Do you see any way to adjust your consumption usage to get on a different tier?

Yea thats what I was looking at and shows im using some 2000+ KwH making me be in tier 4 level even tho we turned off the A/C and only turned on an extra LED that month and then our bill is $40 more this month makes no sense... Going to have to get a meter and see whats going on and whats pulling so much electric..

Those are going to be some monsters. Loving how clean everything is. I also like how you are embracing new technology(in the cannabis space). Way to many growers stagnate and never try to innovate.

One of the best journals on the site!

Thanks so much! There will be a comparison flowering going on since I made a room divider so new update coming later tonight or tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom