LadyJane420's Hydro - The Purps - Grow Journal - 2013

LadyJane420

I have 8 "The Purps" Indica plants that are in the start of 2nd week flowering.
We have been growing these in a BCNL Bloombox from seedling stage in our bedroom.
We germinated the seeds 68 days ago, put them in a clone dome in the veg room 18/6 using 125W CFL and then a few days later transferred them to 3 1/2" mesh pots into a 13 litre tub in the veg room.
vegestage.jpg

After about 4 1/2 weeks we transferred them to the flowering chamber which is a 23 litre tub 12/12 using a 400W HPS.
flower_wk2.jpg

They drooped a bit after going into the flowering chamber so we are giving them a ph balanced flush with a bit of B vites for a couple of days before going to next week's nutes.

The ambient temperature of the room is 70 and the humidity between 60 and 65. There is an exhaust fan cooling the flowering chamber and we have CO2 going in through the meter every 5 min.

More later, stay green!

re: LadyJane420's Hydro "The Purps" Grow Journal-2013

Here's a few pics of my bedroom setup:
My bloombox in the bedroom:
bloombox3.jpg

My ducting set up:
exhaust9.jpg

My CO2 tank:
co2tank.jpg

Here's what I do to change the nutrient mixture. This is for the 2nd week of flowering.

The 1st step is draining the water from the reservoir. We use a big rubbermaid tub with a hose attachment. It has a lever that allows you to turn the flow on or off. I hook the hose to the cabinet attachment and turn on the water pump.

draining.jpg

I check the height of the water with a measuring tape and when it gets to 1 inch I turn off the water pump. Then I use a Shop Vac Micro Vac to scoop up the rest of the water being careful not to get any of the roots.

vacuum.jpg

I just dump the old water into the shower (or have my husband do it for me) my arms didn't all of a sudden get hairy

empty4.jpg

i use a plain old watering can to transfer the water from my bathroom sink to the rubbermaid tub.

water6.jpg

These are the nutes I'm using for the 2nd week of flower:

P10106842.JPG

nutes210.jpg

All are made by Future Harvest a Canadian company except for Bud Boom + made by PlantLife.

I use a large syringe to transfer the nutes from the bottles to the water.

lgsyringe.jpg

I make sure and mix every time I add a nute to the water. Lastly I check the ph. I keep it between 5.5 and 6.2. I check it every few hours or so when I'm awake because the ph tends to bump up during the day.

phtest.jpg

After everything's ready I haul the water on my portable gardening seat over to my cabinet where I dump the water into the reservoir. Almost done!

almost.jpg

I suck the last of the nutes from the tub with a small syringe and empty it into the tub.
laststep.jpg

And Voila! I'm done. Except for the clean up of course. Hope this was helpful.

hope you don't mind me tagging along for the ride Young Lady:)

Hello Everyone, Hope you are having a super day!

And now a word about one of our sponsors: I was very glad to see this product advertised on :420:.
gr8_6_2013.jpg

I purchased some because I use Rockwool covers on my plants and while that prevents green algae it seems the plants have some mildew as a result.

Here is a photo of my plants taken today inside my cabinet. I apologize for the darkness, I haven't learned how to take a photo right in the cabinet with the sodium lighting. These were just taken with the flash light.
cab_8_6_2013.jpg

They're in the 2nd day, 2nd week of flower. Notice the one really droopy one in the back. I don't know what's causing it. Gave the girls an ice bath, will cut down on the watering (rockwool seems a little moist). It was suggested that because they seem to be very thirsty (there's a lot of evaporation in the reservoir) I make an extra batch of nutes so I can keep them at the same concentration through out the week. We did that on Sunday and have already used some of it. Here is a closeup of one of the plants:

closeup_8_6_2013.jpg

Love makes the world go round. Later!

Re: LadyJane420's Hydro "The Purps" Grow Journal-2013

Hi Everyone, Needed to change my username. Thanks to :420: for the help. This one's better anyway. :Rasta:

Have a wonderful day. Love to all.

Good morning LadyJane- nice to see another female grower here!:welcome: Your plants look awesome btw. Reps for starting a journal - I'll be following along if you don't mind. :):peace:

Hello Flower Child....Thanks for the kind comments. Great to hear from another female grower. I'd love for you to come along for the ride!

:thanks:

good weed young lady!
how does your garden grow:)?

Happy Thursday Eve,

My plants droop has gotten a lot better. I noticed that the rockwool was too wet so I'm holding off watering until it dries out a tad and that seems to have helped. Here's a photo of my tallest purps about 24" reaching for the top of the cabinet.
tallone_8_8_2013.jpg

I was told to bend them if they reach the glass but I think they are too stiff to bend now. Guess I'll have no choice if she hits the glass.

Peace to all :allgood:

Hope you got room for one more cuz I subbed as well. Great looking girls Lady Jane!!! Everything looks so clean and pristine like. +Reps 4sure

Happy Thursday Eve,

My plants droop has gotten a lot better. I noticed that the rockwool was too wet so I'm holding off watering until it dries out a tad and that seems to have helped. Here's a photo of my tallest purps about 24" reaching for the top of the cabinet.
tallone_8_8_2013.jpg

I was told to bend them if they reach the glass but I think they are too stiff to bend now. Guess I'll have no choice if she hits the glass.

Peace to all :allgood:

How far into flower are you?, I don't recommend cropping AFTER week 2 of flower!, You COULD try some lst though!...lookin good!

Happy Friedday LadyJane:)

Back
Top Bottom