2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

re: 2 Girls & 1 Kit - Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors — Summer 2015

Much thanks to you all!
I'll do my best not to let 420 down.

I won't bore you with every drench and foliar spray. My current plan calls for De-Stress each Wednesday and Brix each Sunday, with drenches as needed. Drench rotation is: Full strength Transplant+Tea > Water+1/4 strength Transplant > Growth Energy+1/4 Transplant+Tea > Water+1/4 Transplant > REPEAT.

The kit instructions are simple enough when using the full kit (about 50 gallons soil). But I am currently working with a single plant in a 1 gal. pot. My solution is to mix foliars at the rate of 1ml. per ounce of water. The drenches are mixed with the results of my "Drench Calculator" I posted on Doc's thread. Whether working with one plant or 10, I now have a guideline for mixing regardelss of pot size. It gets interesting when you feed one gallon of soil. For example, Tea is only added in trace amounts. My tools for measuring these small quantities (crap photo):

20150421_060930.jpg

Drench_Calculator.jpg

While in small pots I place the plant in a 1/2 gal. yoghurt tub. One quart of drench is just about perfect to thoroughly soak the pot and nearly fill the tub.

1_gal_drench.jpg

My goal is to update when something unique happens, on the weekends with current pics and measurements, or if there is a problem and I need guidance.
:Namaste:

I cant seem to bring myself to muss or fuss but hey! what ever makes you feel better right! :) I just mix and soak and/or pour. Someone once told me you can love your plants to death...now I dont think thats possible with the kit but...Im not fuxin to take any chances :)

I cant seem to bring myself to muss or fuss but hey! what ever makes you feel better right! :) I just mix and soak and/or pour. Someone once told me you can love your plants to death...now I dont think thats possible with the kit but...Im not fuxin to take any chances :)

I agree. I'm really not doing much - just keeping track of which drench or foliar is up to bat next. No fussing around - no LST or messing with them. Spray / dunk, that's it.

I don't follow those mixing rates like the spreadsheet shows. I'm just too lazy to remove the decimal points. No way I measure anything to a fraction of a ml. It is merely a point of reference, and comes in handy to remind me just how little of the various products are needed when dealing with a single plant in a single gallon of soil. In theory, Tea is 0.05 ml. I don't even try to measure it. I would never bother with the spreadsheet if I was using the full 50 gallons of soil, or close to it.

I agree. I'm really not doing much - just keeping track of which drench or foliar is up to bat next. No fussing around - no LST or messing with them. Spray / dunk, that's it.

I don't follow those mixing rates like the spreadsheet shows. I'm just too lazy to remove the decimal points. No way I measure anything to a fraction of a ml. It is merely a point of reference, and comes in handy to remind me just how little of the various products are needed when dealing with a single plant in a single gallon of soil. In theory, Tea is 0.05 ml. I don't even try to measure it. I would never bother with the spreadsheet if I was using the full 50 gallons of soil, or close to it.

You could use 2 mil of Tea on one plant with no ill effects.

You could use 2 mil of Tea on one plant with no ill effects.

Wow - that is pretty amazing. 2.5 mil for 50 gallons of soil, but 2.0 mil doesn't over-do it for 1 gallon of soil.
So much to learn...

Off to cut more firewood this morning. Gotta stay warm next winter.

Subbed Major!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Everything is looking good, what a great start and you couldn't have chosen a better day to in my honest opinion! :cheesygrinsmiley: Can't wait to see those PitBulls, I bet they are gonna do great.

Subbed Major!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Everything is looking good, what a great start and you couldn't have chosen a better day to in my honest opinion! :cheesygrinsmiley: Can't wait to see those PitBulls, I bet they are gonna do great.

Glad you found me Max. I'm looking forward to comparing notes this summer. Should be FUN!

I made it Major! :ciao:

Already learning. Thanks for reminding me that we have some extra syringes. That will come in handy here. :thanks:

Welcome aboard, Sue!

I won't bore you with every drench and foliar spray. My current plan calls for De-Stress each Wednesday and Brix each Sunday, with drenches as needed. Drench rotation is: Full strength Transplant+Tea > Water+1/4 strength Transplant > Growth Energy+1/4 Transplant+Tea > Water+1/4 Transplant > REPEAT.

This Major. Thank you so much for this. Between you and Max I'm completely covered to begin. Bless you both. :green_heart:

This Major. Thank you so much for this. Between you and Max I'm completely covered to begin. Bless you both. :green_heart:

Glad it helped. We're learning together.

Happy Earthday!

:420:

I'm in. Late, but Im here. :cool:

Awesome, Governmentchz! Glad you made it.

Unless the general consensus is against it, I think I will top the Pitbulls.
Even though they will be outside (eventually), I prefer not to deal with 10'+ plants. I'm allowing about 16 sq-ft (4' x 4') for each one. Good idea / bad idea / personal preference? I've never seen the growth habit of this strain to help me decide. Any feedback is welcome.
TY.

Awesome, Governmentchz! Glad you made it.

Unless the general consensus is against it, I think I will top the Pitbulls.
Even though they will be outside (eventually), I prefer not to deal with 10'+ plants. I'm allowing about 16 sq-ft (4' x 4') for each one. Good idea / bad idea / personal preference? I've never seen the growth habit of this strain to help me decide. Any feedback is welcome.
TY.

I vote that you top them!

Not me....supercrop them and lst to form a bush....no need to decapitate. Sorry Doc.....just never do it... too much added stress, for what?The same result can be achieved without cutting off the main shoot and very little stress. Just my 2....but i know people will most always follow you. Cheers.

Not me....supercrop them and lst to form a bush....no need to decapitate. Sorry Doc.....just never do it... too much added stress, for what?The same result can be achieved without cutting off the main shoot and very little stress. Just my 2....but i know people will most always follow you. Cheers.

It's all good Duggan. There's more than one way to skin the proverbial cat!

Back
Top Bottom