2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

A quick pic of the girls since their up-canning. The HB plants are on the right. My (too heavy) organic soil mix plants are on the left. Notice how much better the recovery is for the HB plants. Even the small AoS plant that didn't get burned is looking more perky in HB. Amazing what a couple of days can do with the right soil.

It is only supposed to be mid-60's today, so my heat wave is officially over for the time being. The white trash bags and yoghurt buckets did help a bunch while they were in the hot sun.

05-05-15.jpg

Thanks Dugs! Two days in the new pot and the HB Pitbull looks great. The other is much better, but lagging a little in its recovery.
We live in a river valley so early and late is shaded by the surrounding mountains. They will get full sun the rest of the time, but the first and last two hours of each day will be indirect sun I'm afraid.

That's excellent Major....they're gonna do great. That's plenty of sun for them ! Cheers eh.

A quick pic of the girls since their up-canning. The HB plants are on the right. My (too heavy) organic soil mix plants are on the left. Notice how much better the recovery is for the HB plants. Even the small AoS plant that didn't get burned is looking more perky in HB. Amazing what a couple of days can do with the right soil.

It is only supposed to be mid-60's today, so my heat wave is officially over for the time being. The white trash bags and yoghurt buckets did help a bunch while they were in the hot sun.

05-05-15.jpg

Amazing isnt it!!!!???? :)

Heheh, Doc should have a copy of that picture for marketing purposes. :blunt:

Soil matters. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes it is Major. Quite a contrast.

Time for my
Weekly (Weakly? :cheesygrinsmiley:) Update

My little AoS were drinking every other day so I figured it was time to give them some more room. I up-canned from 1 gal. to the 7 gal. pots, so now all 4 plants are where they will stay until they go in the ground in a few weeks.

My usual prep
AoS_1_05-08-15.jpg

AoS_2_05-08-15.jpg

Home sweet home
AoS_3_05-08-15.jpg

I love doing it this way. The plants don't even skip a beat.
The plants in HB soil both have that "Hi-Pro Glow", especially the Pitbull. It loves the bigger pot. I gave it a little supercropping today. All plants added 3.5" - 4" in height this week. Not too bad since they were topped and are adding growth sideways.

I almost re-potted my Pitbull in the organic soil but finally just last night it looks like it is starting to hook up with the soil and recover from the roots getting too hot/burnt. When I took a close look at the bottom of the pot, it has roots growing out of the bottom of the pot - all nice and white. It even began to perk up slightly today. Now I need to get more color into it.

Here is the full lineup for the remainder of this journal.
AoS are the smaller girls in front. The PB are in back and larger being a few weeks ahead.
Can you guess which side has the High Brix soil? I thought so. :love::love::love:
Lineup_05-09-15.jpg

Compare the HB PB to the OG PB
PB_HB_3S_05-09-15.jpg

...and the HB AoS to the OG AoS
AoS_HB_3S_05-09-15.jpg

I feel like a commercial for Doc's soil. :cheer: The Pitbull is the best looking plant I've grown so far. That's not saying a lot, but I love its vibrancy. I wish I was better at capturing it with my photos. These pics don't do it justice.
PB2_05-09-15.jpg
PB1_05-09-15.jpg

We are back into the mid-80s for temperature. The white trash bags help a lot. I also added that piece of pink rigid foam insulation as a shade and heat shield. It appears to be doing the trick.

That's it for this week. I can't wait to get these in the ground. I'm tired of lugging them in and out every day. I'm sure having them outside will present a whole new set of challenges. As always, ideas to help me improve this grow are most welcome. I'm not sure what to do for the plants in non-HB soil. Cheers and thanks for following!
:Namaste:

Mornin to ya Major....youre not allowed to post pics of plastic plants bud.....come on...play fair eh!;)
That PB sure does love our soil eh...fantastic ,and ya...it's a pretty good commercial for Doc's. gear too!
Keep up the great work Major....isn't it a joy growing in "Kit" soil....no fu..in around...no guessing....no muss, no fuss, just really healthy plants and soil with absolutely no doubt of getting a killer product at the end .....so much fun eh....cheers bud and have a great day today!:high-five: Have you noticed something around the forum here??? Not as many people saying "good luck"...that's cuz growing with this gear in this soil ,luck as they say ,has NOTHING to do with our success....all that "luck" stuff has already been figured right out of it , by Doc and the Lab. Awesome eh!

Mornin' Dugg!
Yep - the HB soil grow is almost too easy. Once you figure out a schedule, it's pretty much train the plants the way you want.
I did some more VLSC (very light supercropping). I'm liking this technique - like what Graytail uses. When I walk by the plants, I look 'em over and bend down any nodes that seem to be more prominent. The bend lasts a few hours - sometimes more. Rinse and repeat until you get a nice bush (and who doesn't like a nice bush?). :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ya Major ,that's it brotha...just keep squeezing those prominent leaders...pretty soon ya won't be able to tell which one's the main....mission acomplished. A bush is born. It's fun to watch the main, try like hell to remain the"boss",but when you keep tieing her down or gently bending her over the others will catch up to her. It's a see,saw battle the whole way thru for all the G.H.'s.Later pal.:thumb:

CRAP! :whoa:
This might teach me to not be so cocky when training the plants. In SC'ing the top of my favorite Pitbull, I broke the top. I knew better, but I was in a hurry. I lost the top two nodes. It's no big deal. If I'd done it on purpose, I wouldn't think twice about it. But it pisses me off to work on shaping a plant and now I'll have to re-think it and start over. Oh well - live and learn. Now I know there is a fine line between a gentle bend and a snap with these HB girls. It isn't my first, and almost certainly won't be my last 'F-up'. :loopy:

CRAP! :whoa:
This might teach me to not be so cocky when training the plants. In SC'ing the top of my favorite Pitbull, I broke the top. I knew better, but I was in a hurry. I lost the top two nodes. It's no big deal. If I'd done it on purpose, I wouldn't think twice about it. But it pisses me off to work on shaping a plant and now I'll have to re-think it and start over. Oh well - live and learn. Now I know there is a fine line between a gentle bend and a snap with these HB girls. It isn't my first, and almost certainly won't be my last 'F-up'. :loopy:

Fu..k sakes Major....did you rub it first and squeeze it to break the internal membrane before you tried to bend it? You can't rush doing it bud....i guess you know that...sorry eh. Oh well...it'l be ok....just slowed her down a bit ,that's all. later eh.

I guess the only way to learn how much is too much is by breaking a few. No biggie. The surrounding branches are already making their move to fill in.

Hey....if i sounded a bit harsh,sorry bud. The only stems i ever supercrop ,are really young and "green" much more forgiving than older ,tougher stems.By the time the stems are woody looking....i've allready bin done supercropping a while. Some growers actually break a whole ,big branch...like 2 feet and bigger. Not me...I like to tie down after they get tall. Just helps fill in the "bush". Anyhow,have a great night Major.

No worries, dug. Not harsh at all. :high-five:
I wasn't even trying to SC exactly - just train it off to the side w/o tieing it down. My bad. Rather than mess with them a lot to keep them going the direction I want, I'll tie them in place. That's what I should have been doing all along.

Have a Stella on me. I'm going for an Inversion and a toke. Have a great evening!

Back
Top Bottom