Any2's Vertical 2k Double Donut w/ High Brix - First Indoor Grow

Today is the 5th day since transplant into the 7 gal smarts. The clawing is seen throughout and some more than the others. They will get straight water tonight before lights on. A few more pics.
012624.JPG

015480.JPG

0051304.JPG

Peace,

Any2

Ok a little update. Still having issues with clawing and have ceased any foliars or feedings til things level out. Environment has been good. 5 days since last straight water 1 gal each and they got a quencher this morning...roughly a quart. 13 days@ 12/12 and pistals forming. Keeping an eye on the new growth for now and Doc believes it is a root issue of some sort as he has been helping me out in Q&A. Leaves feel a little leathery but still are green.

6 days ago same plant
0051301.JPG

Today
009878.JPG

The whole group
024213.JPG

new growth we are monitoring
010816.JPG

011701.JPG

012627.JPG

Peace,

Any2

I think the plant dont like the temps of your room or water.

I think the plant dont like the temps of your room or water.
Temps and RH 80-62 degrees and 60-22 hi-lo respectively so not bad at all. I also checked temps at plant zone and did a hand check and that is good too. Water a little high on the nitrate side but hoping things will get back to normal soon. Thanks for the input.

Peace,

Any2

Sub'd! Discovered you on docs thread. I'm just starting to run wild Thai myself with FF nutes. I actually got this strain specifically for Docs kit just can't afford the kit right now. Looking forward to seeing how she turns out for you. Might be interesting to see your high brix vs my ghetto soil.

Hi Any2. Is that range 7,2os or 2,3s+? Or is it a level and you wait for TT, AKs+?

I am very interested in your grow as I will be doing a kit when I can. Your setup looks awesome man. I had a lot of problems with clawing in my last grow, and Doc's advice helped me a lot. Even on plants that had claw pretty much throughout I should get a respectable yield for a first grow. I found that some plants were very sensitive(and clawed), while others had almost no problems. Keep up the solid work and have some repps!
[♥]]] [♦]]] [♣]]] [♠]]]

Ha Ha Rain......yea I am a nit!!!! But can get it in very bad lmao!!!!Show me you are 3 betting light 1 time and I am 4 betting the any2 range all day long lol!!! Rain Stacks hmmmmm sounds familiar and now its bugging me. Bodog?

Doc is the man....had some clawing in my outdoor too but Blue Dream likes to eat so not sure. Evident in Sour D as well so I am really curious what I may be doing that promotes this. Came up in some clones too. Doc thinks the nitrate levels may be a bit on the high side as well. On another note I did some digging around the web and while I thought I had some Mag def I game them a good diet of cal/mag for the outdoor. But I have a lot of fliers around and have always been preventative with azamax, bt and spinosad because of the caterpillar onslaught you get in Nor Cal outdoor. But these fliers kept on and on in the buds with wings and very fast crawlers too. Well my outdoor plants were in 25gal. Should have been monsters and got em in 6/1 ish. So stunted growth, leaf curling, necrotic leaves. I figured I just burned them with the extra N in the cal/mag, hi nitrate water or watever. These fliers might be root aphids as the symptoms are exactly that. Could not see them in the soil until I looked at a smaller GDP I had in 5 gal and the fuckers were in there. I sprayed ortho home defense on the top of this soil then water and these cocksuckers came out in droves. Still have some Sour Ds to pull and this time I am going to scope the roots. Who knows.

Now that does not explain the indoor run and I think it is a different issue all together.

Thanks for the reps and I am glad you like the set up. A work in progress for sure and the vertical thing and indoor is all new to me. So who knows. All I know for sure is I want to grow some "wow" weed and some great medicinal stuff for family members.

Having alot of fun with it and trying to figure it all out.

Take care,

Any2

I am a nit too, until I tilt, ha ha. I can't remember my name on Bodog for the life of me. But you know it is possible. I was killing it on that site before they changed it all up. PM me on poker stuff, just so we don't get too far off topic. I could go on for ages about poker.

I had one plant that I sprayed with insecticidal soap and did not wash it off enough, and I got clawing from that as well. I think it clogged the stomata, or maybe made the leaf heat up or something. I am getting mites now in my outdoor grow, but I am just a couple weeks from harvest, so I don't know how fast they breed. I am going to order some predator mites just in case. It is surprising they are still around, as it get's pretty cold at night now. I had never even heard of root aphids, that is crazy that they came pouring out. That must have been pretty alarming to see.

That is way cool that you are growing quality stuff for family. It is good to know what you are inhaling for sure. I can't wait to do the bud wash. I am so close, yet so still not there yet. You are more than welcome to come check out my journal in my sig. The outdoor crop is pretty much done now, but I have a few indoors as well.

Let's chat poker some time for sure. :thumb:

Ha Ha Rain......yea I am a nit!!!! But can get it in very bad lmao!!!!Show me you are 3 betting light 1 time and I am 4 betting the any2 range all day long lol!!! Rain Stacks hmmmmm sounds familiar and now its bugging me. Bodog?

Doc is the man....had some clawing in my outdoor too but Blue Dream likes to eat so not sure. Evident in Sour D as well so I am really curious what I may be doing that promotes this. Came up in some clones too. Doc thinks the nitrate levels may be a bit on the high side as well. On another note I did some digging around the web and while I thought I had some Mag def I game them a good diet of cal/mag for the outdoor. But I have a lot of fliers around and have always been preventative with azamax, bt and spinosad because of the caterpillar onslaught you get in Nor Cal outdoor. But these fliers kept on and on in the buds with wings and very fast crawlers too. Well my outdoor plants were in 25gal. Should have been monsters and got em in 6/1 ish. So stunted growth, leaf curling, necrotic leaves. I figured I just burned them with the extra N in the cal/mag, hi nitrate water or watever. These fliers might be root aphids as the symptoms are exactly that. Could not see them in the soil until I looked at a smaller GDP I had in 5 gal and the fuckers were in there. I sprayed ortho home defense on the top of this soil then water and these cocksuckers came out in droves. Still have some Sour Ds to pull and this time I am going to scope the roots. Who knows.

Now that does not explain the indoor run and I think it is a different issue all together.

Thanks for the reps and I am glad you like the set up. A work in progress for sure and the vertical thing and indoor is all new to me. So who knows. All I know for sure is I want to grow some "wow" weed and some great medicinal stuff for family members.

Having alot of fun with it and trying to figure it all out.

Take care,

Any2

Ok update time. I think things are headed in the right direction as what I see in the new growth looks promising. 21 days@ 12/12. Stress foliar this morning. The curled leaves will never turn back but are still green and the plants are growing. Sundays are Brix and water/feed days and this will be week 3 so if all looks well will I we will go with the cat drench the next 2 cycles.

Temps and RH much better as well 77/65 range and 65/40 RH.

Trans[lanted the next set into 7 gal smarts (2) Blueberry (2) Blue Dream(2) Grandberry and will let em veg a week or so and put them in the 2nd donut.

Ok....Breeders Cup time!!!!

Peace,

Any2
0051312.JPG

0071079.JPG

011705.JPG

0041380.JPG

Weekly update.....things looking good and the girls are growing fast. Going to be putting them in there own cages but have to do a few modifications to the cages. They were just too big and getting around to spray and water became a chore. So I am shortening them by a foot and reducing the size of the top trellis thus reducing the overall size of the hexagon. This should give me more room and also allow me to get the plants closer if need be. Vertical is all new to me so still refining the set up as I go along. They definitely want to lean into the light so getting them in their cages will help with that as I will have side trellising on them as well. 29 days @ 12/12 and they will be getting their 2nd cat drench feeding tomorrow. Starting to see some frost develop and they are smelling quite nice too.

Some pics.
0031478.JPG

0021545.JPG

0011549.JPG

Peace,

Any2

Ok the girls getting a little unruly and growing fast. So getting them in their modified cages that I sized down a bit. They were just to big on the tops measuring 23" for one side of the hexagon and 5' tall. So I took them down to 18" and 4 ft which allows me more room and also I can get them closer to the light. Ran out of trellis netting so the green stuff you see is a temp fix. They had their 2nd cat drench Sunday and a brix application and are responding with frost with the smell is getting stronger by the day. Back on track with regular feeding and foliar schedule after the leaf curling. This Friday will be 35 days@ 12/12. This is getting fun!

2nd donut is underway and start 12/12 tonight. A few brix clone experiments that I did from the outdoor grow. I was going to trash them thinking they came from over cooked soil with potential pathogens but they started flourishing and have really taken off and even moreso since getting them in their 7 gal smarts. Blue Dream, Blueberry, 2 of each and a Romulan and a Grandberry. I will get some pics of those too.

Again....we will see how the cages and the dimensions work out for the vertical implementation which are for support and a way to keep them out of the lights. I might forego the cages on the 2nd donut and maybe use tomato cages or stakes but we will see.

Peace,

Any2
008996.JPG

0071093.JPG

0051326.JPG

New girls ready to go. I believe in culling but I just couldn't do them like that after showing me that they wanted to bare it all lol!!!! So they get an audition anyway......

Blueberry
024218.JPG

Blue Dream
025226.JPG

Grandberry
026209.JPG

Hey Doc thanks!

I was gonna ask in Q&A and I am heading into week 5 but in general what is the timeline for the re charge?

And yes cheating indeed!!!! lol.

Back
Top Bottom