Any2's Vertical 2k Double Donut w/ High Brix - First Indoor Grow

Granderberry on deck.
07926.JPG

Granderberry on deck.
07926.JPG

These plants are very healthy...kit soil?

Your story on the guy at the hydro shop had me chuckling....been there, done that. Not exactly the same, but I learned a couple lessons early on.

FWIW, I find it's best to take weed completely out of the equation and pretend you're building an indoor garden to grow something else....and look at what greenhouses use who do exactly that. Their ideas about CFM, cooling, and climate control in general is much more tried and true than a hydro shop! LOL!

You'll need that AC to run 12 hours a day if the external air is any more than 60 degrees. My wall mount units run a total of 16 hours per day, every day. But that's because I'm not trying to keep it from getting too hot....I'm controlling exactly what temperatures I want at any given time, day and night.

It's one thing to be able to keep temps and rH in the optimal range. That's like the minimum standard. It's much better to be able to make temps and rH anything you wish.....and THAT is how you want to think about your grow room.

Sure, maybe you can't start out that way. That's cool. But if you take a liking to this---and growing is the most addictive aspect of cannabis---you're gonna want to move that way with your room.

Your plants are looking great! Keep things in check and you'll have a spectacular grow.

Jumping in on this, looking forward to seeing your forward planning reap you its rewards.
Welcome!

These plants are very healthy...kit soil?

Your story on the guy at the hydro shop had me chuckling....been there, done that. Not exactly the same, but I learned a couple lessons early on.

FWIW, I find it's best to take weed completely out of the equation and pretend you're building an indoor garden to grow something else....and look at what greenhouses use who do exactly that. Their ideas about CFM, cooling, and climate control in general is much more tried and true than a hydro shop! LOL!

You'll need that AC to run 12 hours a day if the external air is any more than 60 degrees. My wall mount units run a total of 16 hours per day, every day. But that's because I'm not trying to keep it from getting too hot....I'm controlling exactly what temperatures I want at any given time, day and night.

It's one thing to be able to keep temps and rH in the optimal range. That's like the minimum standard. It's much better to be able to make temps and rH anything you wish.....and THAT is how you want to think about your grow room.

Sure, maybe you can't start out that way. That's cool. But if you take a liking to this---and growing is the most addictive aspect of cannabis---you're gonna want to move that way with your room.

Your plants are looking great! Keep things in check and you'll have a spectacular grow.
They have been in kit soil for a week now Doc and yes they are responding well. Will be introducing brix and the teas this week and perhaps transplant and get em cleaned up in a couple weeks or so.

Yea I agree on the hydro guys. I was pretty aggravated tbo. I spent a lot of time with them on planning and bringing forth what I wanted to accomplish. If I say non air cooled 2k and no AC you think that would trigger or stimulate a conversation on fan size, proper exchange and potential heat problems. 10" intake and 12" exhaust would have been the way to go reducing the use of an AC and shortening the on times of the fans. Live and learn.

Yes eventually I will have complete control with some upgrades forthcoming and the Sentinel product you recommended. By the way wouldn't the Sentinel EVC-2 contoller do everything the CHH4 does minus the controls on Co2? Seems it does but not sure.

Welcome!

They have been in kit soil for a week now Doc and yes they are responding well. Will be introducing brix and the teas this week and perhaps transplant and get em cleaned up in a couple weeks or so.

Yea I agree on the hydro guys. I was pretty aggravated tbo. I spent a lot of time with them on planning and bringing forth what I wanted to accomplish. If I say non air cooled 2k and no AC you think that would trigger or stimulate a conversation on fan size, proper exchange and potential heat problems. 10" intake and 12" exhaust would have been the way to go reducing the use of an AC and shortening the on times of the fans. Live and learn.

Yes eventually I will have complete control with some upgrades forthcoming and the Sentinel product you recommended. By the way wouldn't the Sentinel EVC-2 contoller do everything the CHH4 does minus the controls on Co2? Seems it does but not sure.

Yep....I hear ya!

The CHH4 is going to grow with you....trust me, I can see where this is going. You built a really top-flight grow room. You're gonna want to grow. Like I said, I have 3 of these things.

Ok.....locked and loaded here we go. The Wild Thai girls want to party! Some Energy and Brix on Monday and very small waterings in between. Girls were quickly drying the soil so a few driblets Tuesday and today.
017394.JPG

Cant wait for your grows progression I like you set up Ideas!
Thanks Light! We shall see.....I first started off growing for a friend who was terminal. Pain relief as well as money relief and it saved him tons of money as his dispensary bills were outrageous. I was glad I could do it. Now I have a 2nd mission and that is to get both my mom and my wife off of the pharma drugs that their good ole Dr's have prescribed(and have some good smoke lol). My mom ails from neuropothy and fiber myalgia and the wife has severe RLS(restless leg syndrome)both nerve related. I need to get a grow in then research the what the best strains are for these ailments. Comments and suggestions are always welcome in my journal.

Peace,

Any2

Thanks Light! We shall see.....I first started off growing for a friend who was terminal. Pain relief as well as money relief and it saved him tons of money as his dispensary bills were outrageous. I was glad I could do it. Now I have a 2nd mission and that is to get both my mom and my wife off of the pharma drugs that their good ole Dr's have prescribed(and have some good smoke lol). My mom ails from neuropothy and fiber myalgia and the wife has severe RLS(restless leg syndrome)both nerve related. I need to get a grow in then research the what the best strains are for these ailments. Comments and suggestions are always welcome in my journal.

Peace,

Any2

The best strains are somewhat individual. In other words, a strong sativa might work for one person, while an indica might work for another.....both have the same diagnosis.

You'll figure it out over time!

The best strains are somewhat individual. In other words, a strong sativa might work for one person, while an indica might work for another.....both have the same diagnosis.

You'll figure it out over time!
Indeed Doc. One thing for sure is that I feel real good about Hi Brix and your teachings. When it comes to your loved ones you want the best and cleanest product available. Also it doesn't hurt to have ganja that blows your friends away when you pull it out and trial it!!! Hoping to do your system justice and if I can do it anyone can.

Peace,

Any2

Indeed Doc. One thing for sure is that I feel real good about Hi Brix and your teachings. When it comes to your loved ones you want the best and cleanest product available. Also it doesn't hurt to have ganja that blows your friends away when you pull it out and trial it!!! Hoping to do your system justice and if I can do it anyone can.

Peace,

Any2

You can do it. It's really quite easy.

I just used this today for a brix foliar and I really liked it. I have used the solo 1 ltr sprayer, some small sprayers used for eye glasses etc. but this mister really delivers a fine mist which works out very well. Just thought I would share.

Peace,

Any2
10830.JPG

Getting ready to transplant. Checked a pot and the roots are screaming for more dirt but first have to figure out this ailment of clawing(which has come up often in outdoor grow and clones)and this lime green new growth. They got their first dose of Energy on Friday the 11th and shortly thereafter this symptom occurred.

Conditions are not ideal as temps 79/59 and RH 45/15 but until I get my CHH4(on order) I have to wing it and relying mainly on exchange. Should have waited til environment was rock solid and def jumped the gun on getting this started. Hopefully we can get this on the right path.
029172.JPG

Peace,

Any2

Getting ready to transplant. Checked a pot and the roots are screaming for more dirt but first have to figure out this ailment of clawing(which has come up often in outdoor grow and clones)and this lime green new growth. They got their first dose of Energy on Friday the 11th and shortly thereafter this symptom occurred.

Conditions are not ideal as temps 79/59 and RH 45/15 but until I get my CHH4(on order) I have to wing it and relying mainly on exchange. Should have waited til environment was rock solid and def jumped the gun on getting this started. Hopefully we can get this on the right path.
029172.JPG

Peace,

Any2

You'll be fine.....transplant and get night temps up into the high 60's. 1 gallon is way too small for a plant that large....nothing but trouble till you transplant.

Ok.....transplanted into 7 gal smarts. Scored the roots and liberal amounts of root zone with a light spraying of 1/2 strength stress. 1 gal of transplant water mix each. They also got topped and waxed on the bottoms(lollipoped). Basically tortured them all at one time. They should be good and angry. Brix day is Sunday they will get a few cycles of water before the next energy dose. Showing pistals as well. Pic of the whole group and an iso shot on this one plant and I will get a pic up of that same one in a week from to see how it is progressing.

Peace,

Any2
0031457.JPG

0051298.JPG

You going to use any sort of cage to keep the plants away from the bulb? Even turning them every day you will have problems with crowding/burning.

You going to use any sort of cage to keep the plants away from the bulb? Even turning them every day you will have problems with crowding/burning.
Great question. Yes......I have built these individual cages with PVC and trellis netting with that thought in mind for support as well. But you are right because even now they want to grow into the light and that could be an issue. I have the bottom portion open for access for foliar applications and being able to get to them easily. I could trellis the bottoms as well but that would make it harder to get to. I can also just trellis a front/back and leave the sides open and go with 1/2 turns towards the light. This is a complete experiment so we shall see and I am sure many adjustments will need to be made.
0011494.JPG

Peace,

Any2

Ok....took a look this morning and the lime green growth is fading(good sign). A light mist of 1/2 strength of Stress this am too. Hoping the "claw" factor fades as well and so far no signs. Obv appear over watered but have not watered since wed am when they got the 1 gal of transplant water along with the transplant/pruning/topping so we going on 3 days and wanted them to search for moisture a bit. Will check again tonight before lights on if they need a watering but I want to get them good and thirsty. 73-63 and 47-22rh last few days.
0071068.JPG

0051301.JPG

009875.JPG

0061128.JPG

Peace,

Any2

Back
Top Bottom