Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Dennise, horse apples (hedge balls) grow on trees, they are green a little larger then a lemon about the the same texture as one also. Ive seen them growing in fields in texas. I find them in the grocery stores in with the produce. They work very well in keeping spiders away. Don't know about spider mites but it is worth a shot. Ask for them in your local grocery store. I live in mn so they don't grow here but can get them.

By the way congrats on harvest. Glad to see you washed your plants. If you've never done that before I think youll be hooked. I wash all mine and love it. Again good luck!!

Good Morning Dennise and everybody ! Does anybody know what too hot is ? My grow room area is sometimes getting to be 88 degrees. Our weather has been very warm but we are in for a cool spell. I am worried about the heat and thinking of moving the operation to the basement. Any Ideas ?:thanks:

Someone with more know will answer, but I've read that 88 is within the range of where you should be. My closet is about 88 also with a fan. I didn't realize how hot it got in that closet in the summer. I never go in there outside getting a shirt to wear. Now i'm in there constant!

Another harvest from the adorable Fifi...
Life is good. I left you a PM.

Good Morning Dennise and everybody ! Does anybody know what too hot is ? My grow room area is sometimes getting to be 88 degrees. Our weather has been very warm but we are in for a cool spell. I am worried about the heat and thinking of moving the operation to the basement. Any Ideas ?:thanks:

You're in the danger range. You get over 85 and plants start to slow down unless you have CO2 suppliment - I know from experience. Summer can be rough. :cheesygrinsmiley:

High Dennise ! :circle-of-love: You've got this grow thing down, even dealing with pests...you conquered!! :thumb:

I have finally got 2 babies from germinating and then noticed this morning I have 3 clones with roots ! And the mother of the clones is really big she was (Bagweed) but so darn good wanted more so tried cloning in DWC and got her. So the mother in DWC and her clones will be pro mix and growology ...I will not do any kind of hydro, it's way too heavy and cumbersome to lift when I have to change water. So I am going to flower her and be done with anything hydro.I am using Growology and pro mix from now on... Thank you for being a good influence giving me the motivation to know I CAN grow some good dank ! :thanks:
oh how I hope my plants look as healthy as yours, that's a lot of hoping.lol :laughtwo:

Dennise, horse apples (hedge balls) grow on trees, they are green a little larger then a lemon about the the same texture as one also. Ive seen them growing in fields in texas. I find them in the grocery stores in with the produce. They work very well in keeping spiders away. Don't know about spider mites but it is worth a shot. Ask for them in your local grocery store. I live in mn so they don't grow here but can get them.
:thanks: I will most certainly check the grocery and give it a try. I googled it and it said they work for spider mites. It stated there is no scientific reasoning behind it but for spiders and roaches and other bugs it works extremely well and to put them around the perimeter of the house and in the corners of the rooms inside and if you have read much of my journals ya know I don't like spiders and bugs so I am very excited about this.......:circle-of-love:
I think if it is just hitting 88 for a short period of time and not very frequently you will be alright but I would think it would cause some stress if they had to deal with that high a temps for long periods of time. I know here if you were growing outside it would get that hot in the afternoons but only for a little part of the day so I usually try and think of it along those lines and I don't know why it would be able to take it outdoors and not indoors but I would be careful not to let it run that high for extended periods of time.....:circle-of-love:
Someone with more know will answer, but I've read that 88 is within the range of where you should be. My closet is about 88 also with a fan. I didn't realize how hot it got in that closet in the summer. I never go in there outside getting a shirt to wear. Now i'm in there constant!
Well ya know where ya live it is certainly hotter than that outside.....:circle-of-love:
Another harvest from the adorable Fifi...
Life is good. I left you a PM.
I'm so sorry Broke Ass....:sorry:..:circle-of-love:
You're in the danger range. You get over 85 and plants start to slow down unless you have CO2 suppliment - I know from experience. Summer can be rough. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I think King told me the perfect range was 75-85 but ya think even if it's just for the hot part of the day? Like it does outside would cause that much stress?... :passitleft: High Gray......:circle-of-love:
High Dennise ! :circle-of-love: You've got this grow thing down, even dealing with pests...you conquered!! :thumb:

I have finally got 2 babies from germinating and then noticed this morning I have 3 clones with roots ! And the mother of the clones is really big she was (Bagweed) but so darn good wanted more so tried cloning in DWC and got her. So the mother in DWC and her clones will be pro mix and growology ...I will not do any kind of hydro, it's way too heavy and cumbersome to lift when I have to change water. So I am going to flower her and be done with anything hydro.I am using Growology and pro mix from now on... Thank you for being a good influence giving me the motivation to know I CAN grow some good dank ! :thanks:
oh how I hope my plants look as healthy as yours, that's a lot of hoping.lol :laughtwo:
:thanks: granny I have all the faith in the world that it is going to be sticky gooey dankness....:circle-of-love:

Right now in the sun it is 127 degrees. It is 5pm.

WOW GF. Do you live in the desert? No answer needed. WOW. I think I'd die like when I when to visit family in PR one summer. I lost 10 LBs and was miserable as electricity over there is cost prohibitive so only the bedrooms have AC unless you are staying in a hotel.

Dennise my girl, GOD damn! Your flux girl is perfect! Your going to be very happy with her :) Simply put you a without doubt the Star student ;). (Sorry everyone else but look at it! :) ) Id be damn proud myself and don't wanna be going up against it in the future in POTM lol :)

GF :) Tthe secret is out! Things have been announced on the BM site. This is all ill say here as its not my thread and should be left for Dennise's lights! :)

88 at peak, not all day, is nothing to bad, not ideal of course. Couple things can try...

1. get A/C, obvious i know, but...
2. increase air exchange, though not help if outside temp is that high.
3. if low humidity environment, doubt it by your name :), you can get a humidify, increasing mosture content of air increases its heat capacity making it heat up slower.
4. Moving to basement is great idea, if basement not too musty, but heat from light tend to dry it out.

You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. Usually 85° Fahrenheit with ambient C02 levels will be the peak growing temperature without C02 supplementation. 88° Fahrenheit is not bad for your plants.

Amazing how all those nooks and crannies you never paid attention to before, become new and interesting places ! :smokin:

Hi Denise. I took your advice after PeeJay convinced me to water the medium and wait roughly a week before I water again. Depending on the growth I may be able to give 1/4 strength step 2 when I go to water again. Also the medium PH is at 6.9 will the medium become more acidic when I feed with the step 2? Should I get the PH down now the seedlings look good but I know in this medium the plants won't take up certain nutrients with a PH of 7.

I would adjust your nutrient mixture to the proper pH level.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Thanks Eveybody with great answers for my heating issue. I am growing in a room that is not shedding its heat fast enough. The problem is it's just July and warmer weather is coming, it's gonna get much hotter, I believe a lot above 90 when I think of it, to the basement we go. One of my positive situations is a darkroom in my basement (previous owner photo hobbiest ) Never thought about for years (not a fan of basements), used it for storage, not any more.
Any issues with bugs and mice in basements. I mean my basement has your normal basement bugs and no mice that I know of, does growing pot in your basement attract these guys, or do you have to do any thing special to keep them from the plants. Sorry Dennise, don't mean to high jack your site ! GF, 127 degrees, are you kidding ! Horse Apples, really, I love this site !

By the way congrats on harvest. Glad to see you washed your plants. If you've never done that before I think youll be hooked. I wash all mine and love it. Again good luck!!
Thank you Buddy... This was a first for me and can see why people do it on an outside grow but I doubt very seriously I will wash my inside girls. They spend so much of their time in the bath tub as it is.:loopy:... I think they will be fine.....:circle-of-love:
Right now in the sun it is 127 degrees. It is 5pm.
I would be waiting in a normal place for my belongings to arrive cause I would die there. I don't know how you guys do the freezing azz winters like Canna and the 100+ for days on end places like you.... It get cold and hot here but jezzzzz.... Stay inside in the a/c.....:circle-of-love:
WOW GF. Do you live in the desert? No answer needed. WOW. I think I'd die like when I when to visit family in PR one summer. I lost 10 LBs and was miserable as electricity over there is cost prohibitive so only the bedrooms have AC unless you are staying in a hotel.
I'm staying with you at the hotel and don't you dirty minded people go anywhere with that.....:blushsmile:......:circle-of-love:
Dennise my girl, GOD damn! Your flux girl is perfect! Your going to be very happy with her :) Simply put you a without doubt the Star student ;). (Sorry everyone else but look at it! :) ) Id be damn proud myself and don't wanna be going up against it in the future in POTM lol :)

GF :) Tthe secret is out! Things have been announced on the BM site. This is all ill say here as its not my thread and should be left for Dennise's lights! :)
Light please let Light's Light know I mean no disrespect but I love ya so much. I am quite pleased with her but I don't think she will outdo your flux lady that I saw in your pics. If she does I will fly to the UK to just hug you and yours....:hug:....:circle-of-love:

88 at peak, not all day, is nothing to bad, not ideal of course. Couple things can try...

1. get A/C, obvious i know, but...
2. increase air exchange, though not help if outside temp is that high.
3. if low humidity environment, doubt it by your name :), you can get a humidify, increasing mosture content of air increases its heat capacity making it heat up slower.
4. Moving to basement is great idea, if basement not too musty, but heat from light tend to dry it out.

You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. Usually 85° Fahrenheit with ambient C02 levels will be the peak growing temperature without C02 supplementation. 88° Fahrenheit is not bad for your plants.
:thanks: for sharing the info Craw. Hope your having a blessed day.......:circle-of-love:
Amazing how all those nooks and crannies you never paid attention to before, become new and interesting places ! :smokin:
It is amusing how I look at my house now. More of where I can shove another girl vs rearranging the furniture for comfort....:)....:circle-of-love:
Hi Denise. I took your advice after PeeJay convinced me to water the medium and wait roughly a week before I water again. Depending on the growth I may be able to give 1/4 strength step 2 when I go to water again. Also the medium PH is at 6.9 will the medium become more acidic when I feed with the step 2? Should I get the PH down now the seedlings look good but I know in this medium the plants won't take up certain nutrients with a PH of 7.
:passitleft: High Chin... I see the King has you answered.... If I have this right you need to water her and measure the pH level of the run off..... Someone check me on this and let me know if this is wrong cause I will be honest I don't ever check my pH unless I have an issue and I don't usually have those type of issues and really haven't since using the Growology with the ProMix......:circle-of-love:
I would adjust your nutrient mixture to the proper pH level.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg
Thank you King :adore:.....:circle-of-love:
Thanks Eveybody with great answers for my heating issue. I am growing in a room that is not shedding its heat fast enough. The problem is it's just July and warmer weather is coming, it's gonna get much hotter, I believe a lot above 90 when I think of it, to the basement we go. One of my positive situations is a darkroom in my basement (previous owner photo hobbiest ) Never thought about for years (not a fan of basements), used it for storage, not any more.
Any issues with bugs and mice in basements. I mean my basement has your normal basement bugs and no mice that I know of, does growing pot in your basement attract these guys, or do you have to do any thing special to keep them from the plants. Sorry Dennise, don't mean to high jack your site ! GF, 127 degrees, are you kidding ! Horse Apples, really, I love this site !
I think it would be a much better environment but I would do as Craw suggest with the bug bombs. Number 1 cause I don't like spiders and bugs period and the mice... well your just going to have one of those from time to time in a basement I think but with the girls I would rather worry about an occasional mouse than spiders and bugs and tooo much heat. How cool you have 2 awesome grow spaces to work with though. Kinda jealous here..... :circle-of-love:
If you know basement is infested use a bug bomb before moving plants down there.
:thanks: Craw.....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom