DWC Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog - Round 2

Re: Round 2 - Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog

I'm just going from memory, so I may be totally wrong. But if memory serves me right it is intense blue light that kills the chloroplasts and leads to bleaching. I bet Jon could tell us more.

Re: DWC Master Kush and White Widow LST & Scrog--Round 2

I'm just going from memory, so I may be totally wrong. But if memory serves me right it is intense blue light that kills the chloroplasts and leads to bleaching. I bet Jon could tell us more.

I did a search and it seems that may be the issue from others experience, I still think it looks dank as hell and I would love to have a look see at a nug like it and toke it up :high-five: Good day community :bigtoke:

I'll let you guys know.;)
"The Albino bud" as I'm now calling it was not bleached. It was never closer than 2 feet from the LED's and it was from the larger closet not the smaller. The smaller closet didn't have any albino buds at all.
The top that the bud came from was not the tallest one either, there were 3 or 4 taller than it, I guess its possible that a particular light beam or spectrum was hitting the plant in just the right way...but it definitely wasn't bleached, and i can't explain the pinkish color it was getting either.

Here's a pic of it developing almost 10 days ago. right side.

IMG_003141.JPG

Subscribed!
Im very curious to see where you will get this grow, now with your added experience.

No clones of the Blue Mystic, huh? How come?

Welcome Doopie, glad you made it. ;)
I did take a clone of the blue mystic but didn't transplant it cause I have more BM seeds I can plant down the road, but I have no more MK or WW seeds. I always knew I was gonna do a second round of the Kush but wasn't sure about the Widow till I harvested and saw how nice and frosty she looks.

That's awesome that it isn't a bleached top, Stealth. I was only wondering because I've never seen anything like that before. Thanks for showing us where it came from in the cab.

Subbed,

I ran into a thread about a month ago or longer where a guy had a few plants outside that turned pink in mid flower from coldness. I doubt your plants got anywhere near those temps though.

That's awesome that it isn't a bleached top, Stealth. I was only wondering because I've never seen anything like that before. Thanks for showing us where it came from in the cab.

I've never seen anything like it either. We'll see how she smokes soon enough. ;)
I also just realized I didn't welcome you to the journal, so....Welcome to the journal, glad you made it.;)

Subbed,

I ran into a thread about a month ago or longer where a guy had a few plants outside that turned pink in mid flower from coldness. I doubt your plants got anywhere near those temps though.

Welcome Sky, Thanks for subbing up and glad your along for another grow with me.;)
The temps were always mid-low 70's so, I don't think it was temp. Just a fluke strain thing I guess, I'll let you know how it tastes and effects when I blaze it up.

On to bigger and better grows.......I'm going tomorrow night to check up on the new girls and also check up and maybe rotate my drying buds

hay man great looking grow. very interested in other people flowering with led, been wanting to check out other grows before trying it my self. I'm definitely staying tuned in man everything is looking great man. good luck with the albino

@woundedvet,

You should check out stealthgrow's other journal. It's not that chatty, very informative, SG gives excellent updates and his harvest was great. It should be a good read.

Hi everyone, I hope your all having a great day.;)
Its been 4 days since I transplanted the clones into the main chamber under LED lights so time for a quick update. There's Good news, and Bad news.

The good news, the White Widow is still looking great. The Bad news, The Kush's aren't. ;)
The PPM's were to high in the Master Kush closet (420PPM--the number was just a coincidence). When I transplanted them, I though they could handle the higher PPM cause the cloner was at about 300PPM or so. Anyway the Kush's have some fairly significant nutrient burn on their leaves, but should hopefully pull through. I drained about 5 gal. out of the reservoir and refilled with just plain water and got PPM down to 310.
I noticed the roots are burnt from the overfeeding, and staring to turn brownish, but again I'm hoping they will recover. I'm going to keep a close eye on the plants, and If I stunted them to much I'm gonna scrap them and start some Auto's from seed.

The girls.
The Master Kush Clones.
IMG_000676.JPG

IMG_000489.JPG

IMG_000591.JPG

The Widows are doing better than the Kush, but they had a lower PPM at 355. There is a little nutrient burn on the Widow but hardly any, and she is doing fine. I have her 4 main branches tied down to empty netcups with twist ties. She is really opening up and should make a very nice plant once she grows a little more. The mini widow in the closet is doing fine also, but still not much new growth.

IMG_000183.JPG

IMG_000290.JPG

That's it for the update, but on a side note the buds from my harvest last week are drying nicely. This Saturday I'm gonna trim and manicure everything up and get some dry weights for you guys before I put it into the vault to cure.

Double the pleasure, Double the fun!

:ciao: Hi Stealthgrow
I'll be watching too. Great pics of those buds from your last harvest!!:thumb:

Welcome Canna, nice to see you. Thanks for the compliment, I've got a lot of work ahead of me this weekend trimming everything up.;)

Hi everyone, just a small pictureless update. I checked up on the plants last night and they are still hanging in there. The Kush's are nice and burnt but have a little new growth, so they will hopefully pull through.
The White widow is doing well, a little minor nute burn on the lower leaves but she is doing fine and is continuing to grow.

Hi everyone, hope your all doing well. ;)

Today is day 9 since I transplanted the girls into the closets, time for a quick update on the grow.
The girls are recovering well from the nute burn, there is a lot of new growth since I last checked on them, and it is a nice deep green. The bottom leaves of the Kush plants were all yellow and dried up, so I removed all dead leaves, and just cleaned up the plants a little. I also continued the LST on all plants, I plan on setting the scrog nets down on Thursday or Friday.

I changed the reservoirs on both closets tonight, and just to be on the safe side I kept the PPM's under 300 in both closets, but I gave the Kush reservoir an extra dose of Magi-cal cause the stems are looking very purple (magnesium deficiency).

Today's Stats
Day 9 of veg.

Kush Closet
PPM= 280
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 72F
Water Temp= 67F
RH= 51%

IMG_000869.JPG

IMG_000774.JPG

IMG_001065.JPG

The plants after the clean up and a little LST.

IMG_001760.JPG

IMG_001859.JPG

IMG_001961.JPG

White Widow Closet
PPM= 290
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 70F
Water Temp= 67F
RH= 54%

IMG_000185.JPG

IMG_000292.JPG

IMG_000394.JPG

IMG_000490.JPG

The Stats

IMG_001453.JPG

The Closets

IMG_002348.JPG

That's it for another update, i'll post some pics when I get the scrog nets setup later this week.
As always, feel free to comment or question, and until next time, stay medicated my friends. ;)

Looking great brother!!

there is a lot of new growth. looking great

Back
Top Bottom