First Grow Fluxing Test - THC Bomb Mars 400W II - Hydro DIY Flowtank

Hell yea...LOL.

Remember the K.I.S.S. method the first go round. Keep It Simply Stupid...LOL.

Yes, that's what is means...LOL.

Keep it simple till you hone your skills. You are already showing your building skills. I'm impressed, really....

Oh, and would like to chime in on nutrients. I've heard of people not adding nutrients at all during seedling stage. Research on it some more before deciding. It does appear to be a preference thing. As others have suggested, if you decide to go with nutes early go 1/4 to 1/2 strength.

I didn't feed mine the first week....I think....LOL. Nope...I did....but worth leaving this here for thought... Based on GH's first week feeding which was at 400-600. Still equates to 1/4-1/2 strength.

My light schedule going forward will be 24hr during seedling, 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flowering. Equates to about 1 week, 3 weeks and 8-10...strain specific of course. I may stretch my veg time so that I can get a full canopy. 1 good thing about this plant is that you can almost veg forever...well almost...LOL.

I blew it this go round. Actually veg'd about 7 weeks...ugh...LOL.

Thanks a lot for this clear answer, very instructive.

EC meter correclty etalonned,

So tonigh fist of all, DAY ONE.

As she looks a bit weird with her only cotyledon and two little leaves, i put another THC B in paper and water. I will only give her 5.5 PH water with no nute for one week

EC 0.37 may be aroud 260 ppm
PH : 5.5

Light on, cooler on :
temp : 77 F
RH : 44 %

Light Off cooler off :
temp : 88 F
RH : 60 %

I see everywhere ec must equal to 0.8 for starting veg, so respecting the manufacturer calendar that give me about EC 0.4 it's 50% less.(clap clap to the manuf and you wich prevent me from reaching 0.8 ^^) I may do not take risk following this and off course and primary, listening to you.

20140526_163614.jpg

20140526_163550.jpg

Sun and Rum,

I make quickly few calc and yes grower dose match the ec needs of my baby(ies?)

sorry did'nt put any indication, so first cell is the recommended dosage for the week in ml for one liter of water, i'm happy that my tap water is just EC 0.03.

ec.png

Second seed pop two hours ago. Put in in rockwool soaked in 5.8 ph water. Pics later

Here for some fluxing!! :)

Very very honored :), first of all i learned how not to name this technique ML..g but fluxing :). After i've readed all of your posts so yes i will try and do my best.

Regards T.

Day 2 : sames parameters as yeterday, still one cotyledon but two lovely coming leaves

20140527_182406.jpg

Ok i've installed my christmas area.

Filled with 25 litres tap water + 25 ml Valsberg Garden Phase 1. Manufacturer Calendar said 1 ml/litre 1 week.

EC 0.26 --> Do I need to add more phase one to reach 0.8 - 1.2 ?

PH 5.5 --> Goal 5.8 was 6.1 when i add nutrients, Am i right ?

Edit Ph stab 5.7 for now EC still 0.26

Thank you

Go lightly on your EC with seedlings. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Hello KingJohnC, thanks for the secure way to follow. I had a lot of readings since i've first post here and for the moment three majors things i've learned forever.

Keep it simply cool, a little bit less than calendar said for beginners, make your own experience.

Some of you should say i forget patience, but Nope i will never understand that !!! :)

A last precise question : One of my friend gave me some EnzyMax Booster i used in soil but for hydro should i use some ? and when ?

Kindest regards to all

T.

The EnzyMax Booster is an enzyme product that is useful to break down dead root mater and may also be beneficial to plants. You can use the EnzyMax Booster in hydroponics, soil, soiless mediums. The best time to use EnzyMax Booster depends on whether you are using it for a protective effect it may have on your plants or to break down dead root mater. To use EnzyMax Booster as a protective treatment EnzyMax Booster may be used anytime except when flushing. To use EnzyMax Booster to break down dead root mater EnzyMax Booster should be used after times of stress on the plants root system or a disruption in the plants growth.

Hi all, last update

DAY 3
PH : 5.8
EC : 0.41
Temp : 84°F
RH : 61 %

20140529_200258.jpg

Parameters doesn't move so very easy fot the first time of this session.

Kindest regards

T.

20140530_163527.jpg

Hi all, another millimeter since yesterday
PH ajusted 5.8
EC change to 0.5 but didnt feed and water added
Same temp Same hygro.

Hey T looking good. The guys who manufacture and sell the nutrients usually want you to use more than you need. This way you run out faster, and have to buy more sooner. With seedlings as new and little as yours I wouldnt add any supplements. I would not use that Enzymax until you have a decent sized root mass submerged in your soup. I also find that plants who eat a little less are healthier than plants I try to build up using nutrients. Once she has established herself a little more, then she will tell you thats shes hungry for more nutrients. Just be patient and dont kill her with kindness brother. +reps for you getting going!!!

Thanks a lot B. i fully agree with u, i didn't feed with enzymax for the moment and as KingJohnC explained to mee the job of that product, i wait for a potential first roots stress before use.

Regarding nutrients, i also agreed that nothing is just better than water for seedling, the seed popped two days ago (no pic yet) still just watered with corrected ph. The other one in hydro just have some Element One from Vaalserberg garden, Half the calendar said for first week. I will use Element 1/2/3/4 for veg till flo.

Pics when they wake up in two hours,

Day 5

Wakening temp : 85 F
Wakening RH : 59 %
PH correcting to 5.8
EC 0.6

Why does the ec rise a little bit each day ?? i don't feed, add water ph corrected and ec 0.07 to the level everyday, not really or enough roots that can change the ec value.

Hydroton doesn't release anything related to ec ??

20140531_162809.jpg

Back
Top Bottom