HashGirl's Summer 2022 Grow Journal

I say sort of as I'm not following @Carcass 's tutorial but I think I've seen it enough times, I have a general idea of what I'm doing.
Still, if there's anything I can do to help you, please feel free to ask...đź’š...

And I hope you get over that darn cold and get back on your feet soon!

Since it's been so long since I did an update and since I have so many pics, I'm only going to update you on the inside plants first as they're the ones that I'm hoping to flip to 12/12 on Monday, exactly 60 days after they were born. If @Carcass could let me know what he thinks of my car hooking, that would be great!

My goal going forward will be 2 months of veg and up to 3 months in flower depending on the strain. I will be starting 4 new plants every month. I will update you on that later.

Blueberry 1:

420 Update - BB1 - Sep 14 to Oct 13.jpg
Day 34:

Pre-Carhooking

Post-Carhooking

Day 47:

Shows the pill bottle and rock I used to keep the leaves off the dirt

Day 51:

Day 54:

To be continued...

Since it's been so long since I did an update and since I have so many pics, I'm only going to update you on the inside plants first as they're the ones that I'm hoping to flip to 12/12 on Monday, exactly 60 days after they were born. If @Carcass could let me know what he thinks of my car hooking, that would be great!

My goal going forward will be 2 months of veg and up to 3 months in flower depending on the strain. I will be starting 4 new plants every month. I will update you on that later.

Blueberry 1:

420 Update - BB1 - Sep 14 to Oct 13.jpg
Day 34:

Pre-Carhooking

Post-Carhooking

Day 47:

Shows the pill bottle and rock I used to keep the leaves off the dirt

Day 51:

Day 54:

To be continued...
Nice healthy-looking plant

Blueberry 2:

420 Update - BB2 - Sep 14 to Oct 13.jpg

Day 34:

Day 44:

Day 48:

Day 52:

To be continued...

Chronic x Northern Lights:

420 Update - CxNL - Sep 14 to Oct 13.jpg

Day 32:

Day 42:

Day 46:

Day 50:

To be continued...

Northern Soul:

420 Update - NS - Sep 14 to Oct 13.jpg

Day 37:

Day 44:

Day 47:

And, that's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with more.

If @Carcass could let me know what he thinks of my car hooking, that would be great!
Well, HashGirl- I think you're a natural at this type of training!
I have no criticism at all- you're doing it right, and you're good at it too... :thumb:

One little suggestion- and you don't have to do this, but those little branches will thank you for it if you do- the leaves that come out of the top of the branch out by the end tend to shade everything under them, and they don't seem to stay tucked out of the way very well, so I remove those- seems like a minor thing now, but it'll really boost the bud count by harvest time ...:cheesygrinsmiley:
You'd only be removing about 6 or 8 leaves per plant, so it's not like a defoliation...
19BB2 - Day 52e.jpeg

Keep up the good work, HG!đź’š

Highya HG,

Took me a few minutes to understand what you're doing. All quads?!? They should increase their yield a good bit! I agree with Carcass. Great job. Happy Smokin'

You are doing a great job with the training HG, and all this while you are under the weather. I like your presentation of the separate progress of each plant :goodjob:

Well, HashGirl- I think you're a natural at this type of training!
I have no criticism at all- you're doing it right, and you're good at it too... :thumb:
Thanks, Carcass. You've posted your instructions enough times, I had a fair idea what to do but thank you for the compliment. I neglected to water them for the past 5 days so they're looking kinda wilty but I'm feeding them right now. I'll have a look in the morning to see if I can figure out which leaves to remove.

One little suggestion- and you don't have to do this, but those little branches will thank you for it if you do- the leaves that come out of the top of the branch out by the end tend to shade everything under them, and they don't seem to stay tucked out of the way very well, so I remove those- seems like a minor thing now, but it'll really boost the bud count by harvest time ...:cheesygrinsmiley:
You'd only be removing about 6 or 8 leaves per plant, so it's not like a defoliation...
19BB2 - Day 52e.jpeg

Keep up the good work, HG!đź’š

Thanks, Carcass. I neglected to water them for the past 5 days so they're looking kinda wilty but I'm feeding them right now. I'll have a look in the morning to see if I can figure out which leaves to remove.

Looking great and not a bug-bite to be seen on the lot of them. :green_heart:

Shhh... I don't want them to hear. ;)

Thanks to everyone for the support. It's been a tough week sleep-wise due to the fact that I have bronchitis. So, all the gardening things that need to get done aren't. Although, that said, I did just uppot the Jack Herers to 1-gallon pots.

I'll start a new post with today's update.

On September 18, I put 1 CB Dutch Treat and 2 Jack Herer and 1 Raspberry Cough seed into water. They were moved to peat pucks on September 20. Of the 4 seeds I planted, only the Jack Herers survived and they're not looking great. So, because I'm trying to start a perpetual grow and since it's almost October 18 when the next batch of seeds are supposed to be started, I'm replacing the 2 seeds that didn't sprout with 2 of the 5 Fruit Punch autoflower seeds I won from @Herbies Seeds for winning the July GJOTM contest. Here's what their website says about it:

Fruit Punch Auto Strain Info

This sativa-dominant hybrid induces uplifting effects and is a great choice for gatherings and parties. You'll feel energized and talkative – expect to have some fascinating conversations. Fruit Punch Auto’s happy buzz is perfectly balanced, with relaxing elements from the Skunk and Haze genetics. Its flavors are just as complex: you’ll notice a fruity, sweet taste, with pungent overtones of skunky goodness.

Genetics

Fruit Punch Auto is a feminised autoflowering version of Heavyweight Seeds' legendary and mouth-watering Fruit Punch, which itself is a cross between Skunk, Haze and Ruderalis. The result is a hybrid that's 80% sativa, with a relaxing edge thanks to the Skunk and Haze genetics.

Flowering Time

You won't have to wait more than 80 days before you can harvest large, dense buds. Don’t expect to work too hard during from germination to flower time – this strain is autoflowering.

Yield

Enjoy a great harvest with Fruit Punch Auto – up to 800g/m2 (2.62oz/ft2) indoors and 1500g (53oz) per plant outdoors. Despite its modest max height of 120cm (3’9”), harvests are surprisingly large!

Effects

Fruit Punch Auto’s effects are happy, uplifting, talkative, social, and relaxing, making it one of the more chilled-out strains available. While this strain is most popular for social situations, it can also help to relieve stress and anxiety.

Medical Properties
As it contains 1.1% CBD, Fruit Punch Auto is useful for relieving stress and soothing anxiety. This strain’s CBD content makes it great for having an uplifting social day, before chilling out as the evening winds down.

THC and CBD Level

Expect resinous buds that have a mouth-watering THC level of 21%. With a CBD potency of 1.1%, this feminized marijuana strain really is the best of both worlds!

Smell and Taste

The name of this strain really gives away its flavor. The taste and aroma of Fruit Punch Auto are sweet and fruity, with notes of lemon, lime, and mango. Its aromas are strong, reminding you of fruit and citrus. This fruity terpene profile is complemented by the strain’s pungent skunkiness. All in all, this strain will leave you feeling like you’re kicking back on a beach in a tropical paradise.

Grow Tips

Fruit Punch Auto is a great feminized cannabis strain for both newbie and expert growers. It tends to thrive in warm and sunny climates, but it’s also suitable for indoor operations the world over. It grows to a modest height while still delivering great yields. To get the most out of Fruit Punch Auto, here’s some useful grow info:
  • This strain prefers warmer and sunnier climates and environments.
  • It finishes in just 80 days from germination.
  • The plant grows to a modest height of around 80-120cm (31-47”).
  • It performs best with the Sea of Green method.
  • Lowering the night temperature in flowering by a few degrees will help exhibit its hues and colors.

Fruit Punch Auto Seeds

Fruit Punch Auto is the autoflowering version of Fruit Punch. You get all the delicious flavors from Fruit Punch, plus the benefit of autoflowering genetics. Although its generous yields and impressive shelf appeal make this strain great for commercial growers, Fruit Punch Auto is also easy to grow for beginners. Autoflowering means you don't need to worry about uber-specific lighting schedules. Buy these seeds online at Herbies and watch your luscious cannabis plant grow without much help!

fruit-punch-auto-strain__IwlvgeXX3ZxfQYpQ.jpeg

I will be putting 4 regular seeds of Ace Seeds' Purple Satellite in water as well in hopes of getting 2 girls. The seeds were a gift from one of my dear 420 friends.

:thanks:

I've wanted to try growing an Ace Seeds strain ever since I started following @Amy Gardner but the seeds are usually expensive or hard to find so I feel blessed that these were gifted to me. :love:

Here is what the Ace Seeds website says about this strain:

Purple Satellite is a cross of two Inbred lines: Oaxacan Gold kept from 1979 and a high altitude pure Nepalese sativa.
The Oaxacan bumps up the potency immensely.

Purple Satellite is one of the earliest sativa of its quality available to northern growers, coming in before most of the others, finishing when the sun is still high and strong for extra trichome production, with great resistance against cold, fungus and rains. Remember to mind your nutes starting early flowering.

Plants are very consistent and may look like clones. Almost all will develop pink to fuchsia pistils and purple in the calyx even without a chill period.

The smell of plants in mid to later bloom are seriously strong cherry that fills the air upon finishing the smell gets more complex with a fragrance of pine, incense with a touch of berry that carries into the very smooth smoke.

Purple Satellite - About It.jpg

Purple Satellite Grow Tips.jpg

oaxacan_x_baglung_nepali_out_070.jpeg

The last thing on the agenda is that I will be moving the Blueberries, Chronic x Northern Lights and Northern Soul into my flower tent and flip to 12/12. on Tuesday (October 18).

That's all I have time for today. I started this post an hour ago. I need to get dinner so I'll update some more tomorow.

The fruit punch and purple satellite both look really interesting. I'm glad you get to grow the purple satellite finally.

Back
Top Bottom