HashGirl's Summer 2022 Grow Journal

:welcome: to my grow journal, SCD. I was happy to share the Alpine info since it has helped me so much.

We (my husband and I) grew 8 of them at the same time so we have lots of CBD now. That's the one thing I don't like about @Weed Seeds Express (WSE) is the fact that you can't buy any of their seeds in packs smaller than 5 seeds (And I think their 5-seed packs are pretty new. I'm sure they only sold packs of 10 seeds previously). When I try a new strain, I would prefer something smaller so the seeds aren't wasted if I don't like the one I grew.

In this case it worked out. And, I also bought Girl Scout Cookies from Weed Seeds Express for the comparative grow last (?) year but I love Girl Scout Cookies so having more than enough seeds is good. But, right now, WSE is having a Buy 10, Get 10 Free Sale and that seems like a lot of seeds to buy of one strain.

Maybe, that's how I'll use WSE going forward. Buy from them when I know I like the strain and go somewhere else for new strains. :hmmmm:

Sorry I derailed your welcome, SCD but I wanted to get those thoughts out in hopes that WSE sees them and takes them under advisement. :battingeyelashes:

:welcome: to my grow journal, SCD. I was happy to share the Alpine info since it has helped me so much.

We (my husband and I) grew 8 of them at the same time so we have lots of CBD now. That's the one thing I don't like about @Weed Seeds Express (WSE) is the fact that you can't buy any of their seeds in packs smaller than 5 seeds (And I think their 5-seed packs are pretty new. I'm sure they only sold packs of 10 seeds previously). When I try a new strain, I would prefer something smaller so the seeds aren't wasted if I don't like the one I grew.

In this case it worked out. And, I also bought Girl Scout Cookies from Weed Seeds Express for the comparative grow last (?) year but I love Girl Scout Cookies so having more than enough seeds is good. But, right now, WSE is having a Buy 10, Get 10 Free Sale and that seems like a lot of seeds to buy of one strain.

Maybe, that's how I'll use WSE going forward. Buy from them when I know I like the strain and go somewhere else for new strains. :hmmmm:

Sorry I derailed your welcome, SCD but I wanted to get those thoughts out in hopes that WSE sees them and takes them under advisement. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for your honest and constructive feedback, I have shared this with the team, and we will take this in consideration.

*** Update Time ***
Good afternoon.

Highlights since the last update include:

• The Blueberry, Chronic x Northern Lights and the Northern Soul were moved to 12/12 on October 18.
  • Both Blueberries have grown 6 inches since the last update.
  • 6 Purple Satellite and 2 Fruit Punch auto seeds were put in water on October 18 and planted in peat pods on October 20.
  • The Moby Dicks and White Widow x Big Buds were harvested on October 22 and October 24.
  • The Jack Herers were uppotted to 1-gallon pots on October 16.
Here are the pics:

420 Update - BBs - 27-Oct-22.jpg

BB1 - Day 61:

BB1-a - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1-b - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1 - Day 61 (+9):

BB1-c - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1-d - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1-e - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1-g - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

BB2 - Day 61 (+9):

BB2-a - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

BB2-b - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

BB2-c - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Update Time ***
Good afternoon.

Highlights since the last update include:

• The Blueberry, Chronic x Northern Lights and the Northern Soul were moved to 12/12 on October 18.
  • Both Blueberries have grown 6 inches since the last update.
  • 6 Purple Satellite and 2 Fruit Punch auto seeds were put in water on October 18 and planted in peat pods on October 20.
  • The Moby Dicks and White Widow x Big Buds were harvested on October 22 and October 24.
  • The Jack Herers were uppotted to 1-gallon pots on October 16.
Here are the pics:

420 Update - BBs - 27-Oct-22.jpg

BB1 - Day 61:

BB1-a - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1-b - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1 - Day 61 (+9):

BB1-c - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1-d - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1-e - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

BB1-g - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

BB2 - Day 61 (+9):

BB2-a - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

BB2-b - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

BB2-c - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

To be continued...
Nice grow

*** Update Time ***
420 Update - CxNL & NS - 27-Oct-22.jpg

CxNL - Day 59:

CxNL-a - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

CxNL-b - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

CxNL - Day 59 (+9):

CxNL-c - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

CxNL-d - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

CxNL-e - 25-Oct-22.jpeg

NS - Day 49 (+9):

NS-c - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

NS-d - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

NS-e - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

NS-f - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Update Time ***
420 Update - JHs - 27-Oct-22.jpg

JH1 - Day 26:

JH1-b - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

JH1-c - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

JH1 - Day 36:

JH1-d - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

JH1-e - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

JH2 - Day 26: (the pipe cleaners were to keep the leaves off the dirt)

JH2-a - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

JH2-b - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

JH2 - Day 36:

JH2-c - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

JH2-d - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

That's all I'm going to post for now. I'm still waiting on seeds to germinate and I haven't weighed the WWxBBs yet. Once the seeds germinate, I will post about them and once I trim up the dried plants and have weights, I will post the harvest pics then.

I'm still sick but I'm trying to get back to some sort of routine as I have a lot to do and don't have time to be sick.

Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

*** Update Time ***
420 Update - JHs - 27-Oct-22.jpg

JH1 - Day 26:

JH1-b - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

JH1-c - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

JH1 - Day 36:

JH1-d - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

JH1-e - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

JH2 - Day 26: (the pipe cleaners were to keep the leaves off the dirt)

JH2-a - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

JH2-b - 18-Oct-22.jpeg

JH2 - Day 36:

JH2-c - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

JH2-d - 27-Oct-22.jpeg

That's all I'm going to post for now. I'm still waiting on seeds to germinate and I haven't weighed the WWxBBs yet. Once the seeds germinate, I will post about them and once I trim up the dried plants and have weights, I will post the harvest pics then.

I'm still sick but I'm trying to get back to some sort of routine as I have a lot to do and don't have time to be sick.

Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.
Glad you're feeling a bit better and hope you're back to normal soon. Congrats on the harvest and the germination :thumb:

Looks like your growing game is back on and the ladies are looking lovely :battingeyelashes:

I deal with PM all through flower on my plants and I tried every variation of milk dilution and H2O2 dilution and neither worked on the PM. Citric acid is really cheap and available in the baking/canning aisle of the grocery store. It kills it but doesn't prevent it, so you will have to keep spraying as you see new spots.

Here's the recipe, scale up or down as needed:
5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or .3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is a little less than ¼ tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, preferably close to lights out, but keep the fans on high so it doesn't linger for too long. Make sure you get the whole plant including between the buds and the branch since that's where the PM hides.

I'm dealing with powdery mildew for the first time ever on the outside plants. I mixed up 2 litres of Shed's citric acid spray recipe and sprayed each plant thoroughly.

I have a question though. What do you do when you see PM (other than treat it)? I mean with bud rot, you're supposed to pull it off when you see it. Do you do the same with PM?

I'm dealing with powdery mildew for the first time ever on the outside plants. I mixed up 2 litres of Shed's citric acid spray recipe and sprayed each plant thoroughly.

I have a question though. What do you do when you see PM (other than treat it)? I mean with bud rot, you're supposed to pull it off when you see it. Do you do the same with PM?
If it does not rub off it is dead. That is what I found when I delt with it. It will stain(the PM) the leaves

Guess what? Felonious is sick again so because I still have bronchitis, we each tested ourselves for Covid this morning and his was negative but mine was positive! I don't want to be sick anymore. I have stuff to do! So, annoying. 😠

I got a bag of Dynomyco delivered yesterday and was planning on uppotting the Jack Herers tomorrow but now, I'm thinking I should do it today while I'm still feeling okay.

I had been purchasing the little 3.5 oz. bag of Dynomyco whenever I needed more but at $23 a pop, it didn't feel like good value so the Zon had a 12-oz bag for $40 so I bought it and now, I'm set for a while. I also bought another multi-hood drying hanger and one of those mesh drying racks for the little pieces that take up valuable hook space now.

I've trimmed 5 of the 6 hanging plants and am planning on starting to remove leaves on the outside plants so that they can be harvested, too. It's supposed to go up to 16C tomorrow so if I'm feeling up to it, I'll start the trimming then.

I'll post some pics soon. I have them. I just need to get them organized.

Guess what? Felonious is sick again so because I still have bronchitis, we each tested ourselves for Covid this morning and his was negative but mine was positive! I don't want to be sick anymore. I have stuff to do! So, annoying. 😠

I got a bag of Dynomyco delivered yesterday and was planning on uppotting the Jack Herers tomorrow but now, I'm thinking I should do it today while I'm still feeling okay.

I had been purchasing the little 3.5 oz. bag of Dynomyco whenever I needed more but at $23 a pop, it didn't feel like good value so the Zon had a 12-oz bag for $40 so I bought it and now, I'm set for a while. I also bought another multi-hood drying hanger and one of those mesh drying racks for the little pieces that take up valuable hook space now.

I've trimmed 5 of the 6 hanging plants and am planning on starting to remove leaves on the outside plants so that they can be harvested, too. It's supposed to go up to 16C tomorrow so if I'm feeling up to it, I'll start the trimming then.

So sorry my friend.
Terrible time for vid.
Hope your feeling better soon. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I hope you're feeling better soon!
Everything else sounds good though.

Guess what? Felonious is sick again so because I still have bronchitis, we each tested ourselves for Covid this morning and his was negative but mine was positive! I don't want to be sick anymore. I have stuff to do! So, annoying.
Fat oof! Feel better both of yous. :hug:
Congrats on getting all those trimmed even being as under the weather as you've been! ⛈️
:popcorn:

Highya Hashgirl,

I hope you and FP recover quickly! I also hope you didn't get the worst part of the covid! Nothing like feeling awful, and need to do stuff! Happy Smokin'

Now that's just not right! Ms O came down with it a few days ago while I'm recovering. It's just time to catch everything coming down the pike since we had none for a couple of years. Soup is getting boring! Bring me my spices! Hey my taste is coming back, that's a good thing!
Get better you two! :love: :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom