LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

Hey LA, i was advised from a member in my journal checking out this thread. I've already done that couple of weeks ago, but i was some kind of stoned and have never thought i would grow plants worth it. But now is the time.... Maybe. So i wanted to ask you if you would think the plants in my journal are worth a try backbuilding tomorrow? But if you dont have time to check on them i will explain what i grow in here and post some pictures. I am not shure if i could go full surgeon on my big flatty and cut off each of her.... 50?....small tops. Thanks for sharing. .

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Hey LA, i was advised from a member in my journal checking out this thread. I've already done that couple of weeks ago, but i was some kind of stoned and have never thought i would grow plants worth it. But now is the time.... Maybe. So i wanted to ask you if you would think the plants in my journal are worth a try backbuilding tomorrow? But if you dont have time to check on them i will explain what i grow in here and post some pictures. I am not shure if i could go full surgeon on my big flatty and cut off each of her.... 50?....small tops. Thanks for sharing. .

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

When I back building I snip a very small tip of each budlet off ( just a snip) and then watch the swelling happen check a friend of mine thread called unknown bad seed and he did back building and was noticeably bigger, my thread cotton candy and blue cheese is notable, so from experience I say it's definitely Worth snip a lil piece to gain a lot of swelling

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think its bad when it looks like this 2 days later. More in my journal. PLEASE...ANYONE. HELP!?
420-magazine-mobile241739116.jpg

Thanks bignugz. That is really calming my nerves... I had quite some changes because i was afraid of mold coming up. I think they should be fine, brown spots didnt grew and the Big mother of her has none of these brown spots. I think i will brush a drop of H2O2 on the brown parts to be safe...

They are swelling already...4/3/2017 will be day 65 after flip. Should be smokeable till my birthday on 4/20 :)

i have just snipped my plant, took a good 10mm off them, took 20 of her & few of the rest.

will all the bud sites swell at the same time or start from higher sites to lower?

fantastic idea this if it works out.

the plants im doing it on is 3 out of 9 northern lights autos that popped soil 19/12/2016.

i have just snipped my plant, took a good 10mm off them, took 20 of her & few of the rest.

will all the bud sites swell at the same time or start from higher sites to lower?

fantastic idea this if it works out.

the plants im doing it on is 3 out of 9 northern lights autos that popped soil 19/12/2016.
She will swell at different times and locations, but each cola will swell. Your biggest colas recieve the most nutes so they will probably swell up first i promise you the you will notice a difference, i have been doing this for years and the thought process is if she thinks no more upward growth on budsites then she will grow outward

yeah there getting 1L a day each of nutes.

cant wait to see the difference.

running them with nutes till the 26th then a 2 week flush and chop on the 9/4/2017.

is that enough time for them to fill up?

thanks again for the reply. :thanks:

yeah there getting 1L a day each of nutes.

cant wait to see the difference.

running them with nutes till the 26th then a 2 week flush and chop on the 9/4/2017.

is that enough time for them to fill up?

thanks again for the reply. :thanks:
Whats your chop date i am a lil confused i just harvest last week on 3/9/16

I am sold to backbuilding. I will think of you guys when my comparison-plant was harvested and i can show side by side of manipulated and natural buds. I love the uniform shape and i think the cutbud are heavier too.

Hi man, the buds are getting fatter and fatter! I love this!

P10003062.JPG
[/QUOTE

Hello Tomula - what a gorgeous bud! I was intrigued to learn of this technique and so I tried it on my first grow. I have a DWC, LED Bar system supporting two flowering Super Skunk plants (seeds from Sensi Seeds / Amsterdam). Reluctantly, I "snipped" a couple of the early buds as a test to see what would happen. Here are some pics:
This one not clipped:
NonSnipped_bud1.JPG

This one was clipped:
Snipped_bud_sameplant1.JPG

Here are my questions:
1. How "old" are the buds in your picture that you provided?
2. How old were they when you "snipped" them?
3. Did your buds "hairs" immediately change colors also? (mine went from white to red immediately on the ones snipped)
4. Could you please provide the "measurements": ie: width, height of your buds currently.
5. Finally - how long after this picture was taken did you harvest?
Please advise and thanks for sharing!
cheers,

Hi man, the buds are getting fatter and fatter! I love this!

P10003062.JPG
[/QUOTE

Hello Tomula - what a gorgeous bud! I was intrigued to learn of this technique and so I tried it on my first grow. I have a DWC, LED Bar system supporting two flowering Super Skunk plants (seeds from Sensi Seeds / Amsterdam). Reluctantly, I "snipped" a couple of the early buds as a test to see what would happen. Here are some pics:
This one not clipped:
NonSnipped_bud1.JPG

This one was clipped:
Snipped_bud_sameplant1.JPG

Here are my questions:
1. How "old" are the buds in your picture that you provided?
2. How old were they when you "snipped" them?
3. Did your buds "hairs" immediately change colors also? (mine went from white to red immediately on the ones snipped)
4. Could you please provide the "measurements": ie: width, height of your buds currently.
5. Finally - how long after this picture was taken did you harvest?

I ve done this for a few plants now but just recently I noticed the same thing as you, hairs turned red or started turning red anyway 2 days after I did the procedure. Here's a couple pics....

IMG_69178.JPG
IMG_691810.JPG
IMG_69197.JPG

Sorry last pic is a cola I Didn't do.... still red hair a come n...Is this normal guys?

This is just daft!!! Im not about to defend my techniques every bloody day! Take them or leave them lol.
My stuff got passed onto me buy a guy who grew commercial for 20 years. With around 20-30 factory sites all over UK! I dont read books on this subject, I read 420 only, I soaked my friends info up, then developed via trial and error.
Nothing I do on 420 is anything other than me trying to share my knowledge and success! If this ever upsets anyone then simply kiss my huge nugg jar collection! :) :)

Sorry if that sounds harsh or like Im a dick its just Im without meds at mo!!!
A lot of my techniques seem way out there and yep they are! I dont sit going I wonder?? I actually try it out and find through my own results and experience.
Take my light schedule for peak flower. 21.36hrs lights on, 12 off and repeat. This is just during peak budding!
Now some people think Im mad for doing this timeframe change!
Yet I read it here on 420 in the How to section. So gave it a whirl and it worked. I was only growing one girl at a time so it was risky! !!! Yet Id rather carry on pushing boundaries than sitting still wondering! :)

Late to the party and just catching up on this thread, but please continue doing what you are doing LA. The world was once flat according to the experts and we all know how that ended up. Push the boundaries and keep sharing the results. Those that enjoy pushing the boundaries can give your ideas a whirl and those that don't can stay in their little safe zones. Just know that most of us all appreciate your contributions.

Hello LA, you're all the rage on the pages that I've been reading lately. I've tried the back building before only a couple of times now, I saw the difference but when it came to the buds them selves I didn't feel a different, at least in the density of the buds.

No matter though, I'm still learning and have a long way to go.

I have a question for you and I know opinions vary, but since you're the tutor here I'll ask your thoughts.

I've got some Blue Berry that will be 8 weeks from flip on this Saturday the 13th. However I didn't see confirmation until about day 12-15.

You said to top the bud at the 5 week mark but I'm unsure as to what that means.

Is it 5 weeks from flip or 5 weeks from confirmation?

VE8B0245.jpg

VE8B02491.jpg

Back
Top Bottom