Mono's Monster 3.0 - One Plant - One Kilo?

The results can be even better when done correctly during flowering. Do you generally only clean up the smaller shoots? Or do you remove some fan leaves during flowering too?

Generally I will remove little sucker shoots, and any fan leaves that are shading buds, or in particularly bushy parts of the plant.

I remove fans all the time, whenever I see one blocking something its gone. As for the defol into flowering, I decided to skip it this time. Its already way too cramped in the tent and I just can't get to half the parts I wanna look at to trim up. Next time i'll have to do a better job before flipping so that its an easier job into flowering.

:high-five: Time for another quick update on her progress. It was four days ago we did the heavy defoliation.

I've since lowered the screen a little bit more, and continued to move the main limbs towards the outside of the screen. Hopefully I will be able to completely remove the screen in the next couple of weeks and allow her to grow into a nice big bush :)

Here is what she looked like four days ago :)

IMG_2900_1_.JPG

And here she is just now ;)

IMG_2910_1_.JPG
IMG_2911_1_.JPG
IMG_2912_1_.JPG

She should now have recovered from the stress of the defoliation - I will give her another week or so to grow and put on some leaf, then we will strip her down again, this time removing some of the lower shoots that are not going to reach the screen.

This will be a little less harsh, and if it's questionable about it's ability to produce a nice bud then we shall leave it :)

very nice buddy, she is gonna be a monster. gotta like a guy not afraid to do a good defol.

she's got nice spread already, and keeps on ticking along eh.

have fun eh

your building a strong foundation for her flowers brother ,there is an art too it , people seem to have an idea that all this work and training doesnt go into a big plant ,it does and it must ,then when you loosen your grip on the leash boom she will take off.

bigger plants = more work and thought than smaller plants , should work out a formula for lst performed per oz yielded etc. haha good work brother

yeah, it's a tough measure of time and training forming up a huge plant. total respect for the monsters you have grown after the one I did. but mine being a reveg had to come back to life first, which just seemed to really pile on more time too.

patience & persistence will prevail and fetch you a beautiful monster again. given an extra space, I would do it again too. but I think with more focus, and a solid scrog screen too lol. I just need to make a huge turntable for them big fabric pots I have, and another 4x8 tent to do it in. hmmm, no to the turntable, but yes to a tent with doors on both sides....and room to access it lol.

remember,
have fun eh

and she will reward you.

Thanks Bud! She is doing her thing, but like us all - I wouldn't mind her growing a bit faster haha

IMG_2920_1_.JPG

Got 2 on my balcony around 18/19 days from harvest. They get direct sun for approx 6 hours per day (2.30pm-8.30pm). Is it worth defol'ing them? Some of the fan leaves are lightening up in colour and some are almost yellow. I have them tucked in as best i can but now wondering if it worth taking a few of them off, especially the ones that are really big - bigger than my whole hand.

Got 2 on my balcony around 18/19 days from harvest. They get direct sun for approx 6 hours per day (2.30pm-8.30pm). Is it worth defol'ing them? Some of the fan leaves are lightening up in colour and some are almost yellow. I have them tucked in as best i can but now wondering if it worth taking a few of them off, especially the ones that are really big - bigger than my whole hand.

That's a hard one bud. Really the sun can easily penetrate through the leaves to the ground, it would mainly be down to personal preference.

If it was me, I would pluck off anything that was directly shading a bud site, or any areas that were over crowded with leaves :)

Hope that helps mate!

yep she's looking good brother. nice win btw.....hehehe knocks you outta the running for awhile. lmao

After a bit of reading am deciding against the defol. They no that bushy. The rrf is losing green in the fan leaves very quickly. Any leaves that end up completely yellow will get cut off from now on in. The sugar leaves will be doing their job now and they are a healthy shade of green.

My reason for non-defol is the leaves are helping the plant grow. They do their thing via photosynthesis and all their nutrients will get fed back into the plant.

Beautiful work Mono! congrats on your victory as well :passitleft:

yep she's looking good brother. nice win btw.....hehehe knocks you outta the running for awhile. lmao

Thanks Guys :thanks:

She has nearly filled the 3x3 screen so hopefully we will be able to take it away completely in the next week - 10 days and let her grow into a nice big bush :).

Only two of the clones have rooted so far, and we need them for the next run before we flip this girl to flower. Hopefully they hurry up or she might be seeing quite a big haircut in the near future :)

My reason for non-defol is the leaves are helping the plant grow. They do their thing via photosynthesis and all their nutrients will get fed back into the plant.

It seems to make sense - the whole 'leaves act as solar panels' thing. But it's not always the case in my opinion.... Indoors for example, if a bud isn't receiving direct light then it will barely grow. This is evident from buds shaded by leaves that are less developed and very green in colour.

Outdoors is a different ball game ;)

yeah mono is right , the top leaves also block the bottom leaves from recieving as much light , another thing you can do is slow your plants growth but the stems thicken where you bend them , so you can defol and rubber stem then by the time she leafa back up her stems are huge .

Back
Top Bottom