Mono's Monster 3.0 - One Plant - One Kilo?

:popcorn:

I figure i will tag along for the ride lol looking great so far and intrested to see how this goes mono!

The last couple of big plants I did struggled with the middle of the plant being taller than the sides. Which obviously isn't a good thing when running the HPS.

This time as a main part of the training I'm going to use the screen which is 3ft x 3ft to keep the centre of the plant at a fixed height until she has reached the outside of the screen.

Once the screen is full, I will take it away and let her grow into 2.5 - 3 ft tall bush before flipping to flowering. Hopefully giving a final plant that is 4ft x 4ft and 4ft tall :)

This is what I am trying to avoid

image4454.jpeg

I can see where you are coming from by saying this is what you want to avoid but a lot of people here would be happy with a plant like that. Would take a while to trim it but enough smoke to last a few months, personally would last me over a year. Only downside to a plant like that is once you trim it is to dry it. Drying a few oz is not a big problem but when you have several oz then you may have to worry about the smell especially in a flat.

I can see where you are coming from by saying this is what you want to avoid but a lot of people here would be happy with a plant like that. Would take a while to trim it but enough smoke to last a few months, personally would last me over a year. Only downside to a plant like that is once you trim it is to dry it. Drying a few oz is not a big problem but when you have several oz then you may have to worry about the smell especially in a flat.

It look like a good plant, but it was an absolute nightmare to grow. It's just it had such an unfortunate shape with the middle being higher than the outside of the plant. It just wasn't the right shape for the way a HPS distributes it's light... And heat :)

I'm lucky that we live in a detatched house where the nearest neighbour is about two miles away. Post box and even the electricity meter are 500m down our track by the road side so smell isn't too much of an issue. I do however, dry the buds in the tent with the carbon filter running 24/7. Can't say that visitors have noticed any smell even when standing outside the room the tents are in :):)

Welcome all :) glad to have you all here.

I will update this journal every couple of days but there isn't a whole lot to show at the moment. She is growing well, drinking 5 litres of water/nutes in a 24 hour period :)

Going to give her until the weekend as she is then I will lift the screen and clean up all of the excess fan leaves which are shading the branches. Hopefully this will encourage more shoots up towards the screen then I can move them further to the sides ;)

IMG_2894_1_.JPG
IMG_2895_1_.JPG

:volcano-smiley:

Decided to just go ahead this afternoon and do the defoliation. The more I looked at her she was very overcrowded, and the leafy mass wasn't letting much light below the screen.

250 watt HPS just don't have much canopy penetration :)

Before (I just raised the screen out of the way)

IMG_2896_1_.JPG

After Trimming

IMG_2898_1_.JPG

What Came Off

IMG_2899_1_.JPG

Back Under The Screen

IMG_2900_1_.JPG
IMG_2901_1_.JPG

It really does look counter productive to remove that much leaf on a plant that was growing vigorously. Before trimming there was only really 8 main tops in the screen with the rest being shaded by the fan leaves. Over the next couple of days the exposed shoots (about 40) will now reach up to the light and begin to fill the screen.

Within a week I'm sure she will be another leafy bush. Just with four times as many tops :Namaste:

I've always found good results after a good defol. I was suppose to do mine yesterday but I got lazy and pushed it till tonight.

Glad to see another member of the defol club ;)

I've also found that some of my best results have been after some heavy defoliation during vegetative growth. I think the main point to consider is ensuring there is enough recovery time between 'sessions' and a couple of weeks rest before flipping to flowering :)

I am a self admitted defol addict as well. I use it as needed.

hey thanks for the reps mono, means a lot coming from a guy that grows monsters. daisy was a treat to look after.....some days lol.

I'm about to do it 3 weeks into flowering lol. Just gonna clean up those bottom shoots that only produce tiny popcorn buds.

The results can be even better when done correctly during flowering. Do you generally only clean up the smaller shoots? Or do you remove some fan leaves during flowering too?

Generally I will remove little sucker shoots, and any fan leaves that are shading buds, or in particularly bushy parts of the plant.

Back
Top Bottom