New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

QUICK UPDATE​
Jan 31, 2015​

AFGHAN KUSH
(Auto) Day 39

After seeing Dirty's results with training his auto short ryders I decided to go all out and try to get more colas out of her. But before I show you all the super-cropping let me double check with everyone to make sure we're dealing with a Magnesium issue.

If you notice this leaf it's pretty much self-explanatory. I've never had any real issues under 18/6 but then I've never grown an auto. Here's a quote from the "Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver" thread.

Magnesium is one of the easiest deficiencies to tell… the green veins along with the yellowness of the entire surrounding leave is a dead giveaway,

IMG_00008022.jpg

IMG_00008017.jpg

I'll be on top of that once her soil's dry. Now for the training.

IMG_00008003.jpg

IMG_00008039.jpg

IMG_00008042.jpg

Reg's fire escape always reminds me in a bizarrely romantic way of NYPD Blue. (That's a reference that will puzzle the kids).

You are right of course, Reg - that's mag deficiency. My LEDs are sucking it out of the fan leaves like the Count on a virgin's neck. LED technology sometimes looks like two steps forward, one step backwards.
:circle-of-love:

QUICK UPDATE​
Feb 1, 2015​

I'm not sure if we'll do a Fire Escape grow this spring. We have a lot going on inside to risk it over one or two plants. If we do it'll most likely just be an Auto.

ROYAL MEDIC CLONE 4
Day 89 / Day 54 under 12/12

With the help of the Spider 9 LED Panel & the input, guidance, and advice from all our subscribers I think we finally have a plant I'm overly enthused about. She's our dankiest, stinkiest, stickiest, trich covered plant yet.

IMG_00008077.jpg

IMG_00008092.jpg

IMG_00008105.jpg

IMG_00008110.jpg

IMG_00008117.jpg

I had to get these trich pics with my Droid & the 30X loupe.

IMG_00008125.jpg

IMG_00008127.jpg

IMG_00008130.jpg

IMG_00008138.jpg

IMG_00008142.jpg

IMG_00008143.jpg

JACK HERER Day 1

IMG_00008072.jpg

SMOKE REPORT​

IMG_20140818_5_5.jpg

SECOND WAVE STREET GIRL
Harvested on Jan 18

IMG_00008147.jpg

All I can say is GARBAGE!!! Smoked a whole joint & all it did was give me that feel you get when a high wears off. I won't even waste time going into detail. This was a terrible strain, but we never know what we're getting from under the Magic Tree.

I give it a 1.

CARAMELA
Harvested on Jan 18 as well

IMG_00008165.jpg

This was my Wake & Bake for today. Very mellow, very laid back; and long lasting. The taste is somewhat bland but easy on the throat while the aroma resembles Old School Skunk. A nice "Stay at Home & Chill" strain.

Would I recommend it? Yes, for it's long sustained high at the same level. I give it a 4.

The Standard is a classier hotel but a little bourgeoisie; but of course, it's in the E. Village. If you're looking for some nights out on the town (live entertainment, bars, etc) you'll be right in the center of it.

The New Yorker is your average expensive mid-town hotel. Catered to according to what price of room you have. Like all mid-town hotels they specialize in tourist so if you want to do the tourist thing they're your best bet.

Mind you, I've never slept in either but base my description on the type of atmosphere in front of the buildings. When I'm in a hotel or should I say motel in the city is usually one of the 1 or 3 hr flop joints; if you know what I mean. Are you heading our way?

Shame on you!!!!:loopy:... Yes I am and I think it will just be me and my fella's sister... She's a bite weird but extremely cool.. I absolutely have no desire to be in the bar scene... don't drink.... I want to see the museums and where my Mum used to dance the most... When you have time please just send me a list of where I won't freak out.... I don't mind paying for a good room.... I know things are going to be a lot more expensive there than what I am used to here... I can stay on the top floor of the nicest hotel within 100 miles for about a hundred bucks here... I'm not sure I would stay in a hundred dollar room in the city...:straightface: If it was off the beaten path that would be OK too.... I would much rather do the city as unlike a tourist as possible..... I will stalk you and hunt you and BG down so I can shake your hand and give her a hug... just sayin'... It will be a couple of months.... I want to do spring in the park......:circle-of-love:

Great Fifi, I like weird but cool. Sounds like a plan. If you're going to do the museums, Radio City & what not the New Yorker would be perfect. You'll be in walking or short cab ride distance from everything and like I said; Mid-town hotels specialize in tourism. They'll have package deals for that type of stuff. Can't wait to meet you.

Thanxx Skunny.

I looked at the Park Hotel and I don't mind paying the price but dang... I'd like to be able to turn around in the room and I like my fella's sister but not that dang much... Any how I will take this off your journal and hit you up pm if I have anymore questions... but if you think of a place you think I would like please let me know...:circle-of-love:

Backatcha Dirty. Listen up everyone. I have a new member in distress. I can't really advise him since the medium he's in is rockwool; something I'm unfamiliar with.

I'm not even sure what the issue is. My guess is it is a PH thing. I'm in rockwool and I rinsed it really well (I thought) for 24 hours, and added 5.6 PH-adjusted water to help bring/keep it down. Still I read over 8 PH for it so I flushed it again. Once my clones were added to the rockwool they looked good for about a week, but started looking like nutrient burn set in even though I used only water at first and then VERY weak nutrients (GH Flora series). It got worse and now appears to have stabilized - I hope. Maybe I finally got the PH down where I think it needs to be. Everything added has been at 5.5-5.6 PH. One plant is much happier than the others. One plant is much more unhappy. All have gotten the exact same treatment but each one is a different strain. The "burn" always begins at the tip of middle-ish leaves and progresses along the edges.
Here is an example picture I'm ashamed to show:

HQ1_01-31-15.jpg

Thanks for the assist, B A R !
I'm going to tag along (sub'd) and enjoy your grow.

when it comes to issues like this,
Flush, make sure your ph pen is calibrated, feed at half strength until the situation resolves itself.

I think 5.6 doesn't give you enough wiggle room in terms of ph sensor calibration and ph fluctuations due to various things.
5.8 is the optimal ph for soiless and hydroponic mediums.

Back
Top Bottom