Newbie to the grow scene looking forward to learn

Con here glad to be part of the community i'm a bit old been smoking for a while a started to grow my own and looking forward to learn

Welcome to 420, con!

There's lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks here, so you've come to the right place to learn about growing everyone's favorite plant!
i'm a bit old

I'm 68, so you're not that old...:thumb:

Welcome to 420, con!

There's lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks here, so you've come to the right place to learn about growing everyone's favorite plant!

I'm 68, so you're not that old...:thumb:
Lol! thank's

Welcome con! What's growing now? Any pics? Yeah age is pretty fluid here. Youngish and old blend together to get growing. We come to learn together.
Con here glad to be part of the community i'm a bit old been smoking for a while a started to grow my own and looking forward to learn
thank's all for the welcome my newb project, 1 plant of angel og auto flower and 2 meat breath auto floweri in my 3 1/2' x 4' home made box ( had the material on hand so i did not go with a proper tent), curtained 1/2 off so 2' x 3 1/2' with a SF1000 for now , 1 week in the dirt

IMG_1626.JPG

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @con. Being a member entitles you to discounts from the sponsors and after 50 posts you can enter contests. @ ViparSpectra has a Halloween contest now for a new light. CL🍀

welcome to the party con.

them are big buckets for small plants. they look good though. it's generally easier to start in smaller buckets and work your way up bigger up potting.

the home depot buckets do not block as much light as you'd like. plant roots are light sensitive, and will stay away from a bucket side that lets light in, resulting in a smaller root system and plant.

them are big buckets for small plants. they look good though. it's generally easier to start in smaller buckets and work your way up bigger up potting.

the home depot buckets do not block as much light as you'd like. plant roots are light sensitive, and will stay away from a bucket side that lets light in, resulting in a smaller root system and plant.
thanks for the info i'm just getting most of my info from u tube and from what i've seen they say auto flowers don't like to be handled & shock easy so once they germinated i put them in the pots but put them in a cup size piece of regular potting soil .5.5.5 to get the roots started as what the seed company recommended, would it be a good idea to put some sort of wrap around the buckets to block the light ?

thanks for the info i'm just getting most of my info from u tube and from what i've seen they say auto flowers don't like to be handled & shock easy so once they germinated i put them in the pots but put them in a cup size piece of regular potting soil .5.5.5 to get the roots started as what the seed company recommended, would it be a good idea to put some sort of wrap around the buckets to block the light ?

you come to the right place. it's better than sifting through youtube.

autos can definitely be up potted if done right and timed correct. it's also better for them. autos can be super finicky for new folk, which is how that myth got started.

autos can be a bitch for new folk. i would never recommend them for beginners. they're doing good though. you should get a journal up so we can help you along.

Cool, I just learned something new. Thanks. CL🍀

you can paint them with plastic paint or tape the bucket sides with duct tape. that's the reason you only see black or dk green pots in the grow shops.

has anyone pointed you to this yet ? sort of a one stop shop to figure out how to do stuff on the board. it's also in my sig. when you get comfy set up a journal too.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @con

As was mentioned before; feel free to ask any question that comes to mind.
When your ready to start a grow journal let me know so I can follow along.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @con

As was mentioned before; feel free to ask any question that comes to mind.
When your ready to start a grow journal let me know so I can follow along.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
thanks new here so just learning to navigate the site

you come to the right place. it's better than sifting through youtube.

autos can definitely be up potted if done right and timed correct. it's also better for them. autos can be super finicky for new folk, which is how that myth got started.

autos can be a bitch for new folk. i would never recommend them for beginners. they're doing good though. you should get a journal up so we can help you along.
thanks yeah you tube 80 different answers for one question from what i've read here the knowledge & experience of the members is great, will be starting a journal soon

Back
Top Bottom