Shottafire's Coco Top Fed Drip DTW Bubbas & Oranges

My little plant is starting to drink up pretty good now and I need to water daily. How often do you feed nutrients, what is the most common interval?

Sorry for the delayed response tryshard.

I am still working out the kinks but its is relatively simple. In veg I start my plants in half gallon square plastic pots get them to the point where they need to be fed daily and transplant to a two gallon pot. get the #2's to the point of needing to be fed daily, and away they go to the flower room and get setup on the drip.
In flower I will start giving them water two times during lights on increasing as the plants need.
I am feeding 3 times during lights on right now.

I like to feed with every watering with nutrients.

I use ro water so I add ca/mg

canna coco a and b
heavy 16 hvy roots
dyna gro protekt.

I have kept my plants fed at or around 1.2-1.3 ec and they are on day 18 in flower. i plan on pushing them a bit this week and get it up in the 1.4 plus zone. They are happy so maybe not.

Less is more.

Hope this helps.
shotta

Good morning weed Shotta Everything is looking very nice and healthy like is always does. I will sit back here and watch and learn another way to grow our herb.

Sorry for the delayed response tryshard.

I am still working out the kinks but its is relatively simple. In veg I start my plants in half gallon square plastic pots get them to the point where they need to be fed daily and transplant to a two gallon pot. get the #2's to the point of needing to be fed daily, and away they go to the flower room and get setup on the drip.
In flower I will start giving them water two times during lights on increasing as the plants need.
I am feeding 3 times during lights on right now.

I like to feed with every watering with nutrients.

I use ro water so I add ca/mg

canna coco a and b
heavy 16 hvy roots
dyna gro protekt.

I have kept my plants fed at or around 1.2-1.3 ec and they are on day 18 in flower. i plan on pushing them a bit this week and get it up in the 1.4 plus zone. They are happy so maybe not.

Less is more.

Hope this helps.
shotta

Hmmm, I just stuck the little 2" rockwool cube I rooted the plant in, into a big pot. Did I make a mistake? Is the technique to gradually build up the pot size? I was growing it out in the pot its in.

How big of a pot did you go?

If you went to two gallons not a big deal any bigger would be kind of slow going and soggy.

You can achieve great results in small pots but you need to make sure they are getting enough water. The big pot will allow you to water every 2-3 days.

Depends on how big you went really?

How big of a pot did you go?

If you went to two gallons not a big deal any bigger would be kind of slow going and soggy.

You can achieve great results in small pots but you need to make sure they are getting enough water. The big pot will allow you to water every 2-3 days.

Depends on how big you went really?

This one:
P5014206.JPG

Looks like a 5 or 7 gallon. for what you are going to do with your training the bigger pot will be ok.

Cool plant too.

I think it is 3 gal.

I think it is 3 gal.

You will be perfect in that pot as long as you dont veg too long. If you plan on setting it up on a drip let it veg until it needs water once a day. and when you put it into flower you can start feeding it twice a day. It should go very well.

Hey Chap nice colours! :)
Automated growing has to be the way forward! That's why I cant wait to use my Oxy pot system, loads less hassle I hope! :) :)

Man the garden is much nicer for me since it allows me to focus on keeping things clean and organized and I can leave the garden alone for a couple days if i have to. Loving the switch so far.

Beautiful, Shotta! :thumb:

Thank you buddy.

This journal was the last straw. I just got back from the store with a giant sized bag of Coco. Now I'm looking around for a victim. :) I really appreciate your work, and thanks for sharing it all up here - it's a huge help to us trying out new things. :thanks:

Hey carestaker thank you for stopping by. I will try my best to help you out however I can. I am still learning myself so bare with me.

The girls are going beast on me IN FLOWER. I am seeing at least 20 % more growth in coco in two gallon pots compared to my 5 gallon soil pots. coco is also twice as fast. I can grow a plant x amount of feet in 3 weeks, in soil it would take at least 5-6 weeks to grow one the same size.

Will get a update up in a day or two. DID a defol at day 19 they are starting to get snowballs everywhere.

Alright guys the time has come for me to automate things. I have spent the past couple years working with soil and peat based soilless mixes. Now I am using a coco based soilless mix with #2 smart pots fed with a drip system that i created as an 8 site unit.

I am using canna coco a and b with a couple other additives. mainly calimagic, dyna gro protekt, and heavy 16 heavy roots. In flower I will use hydroplex and ripe towards the end of the cycle.

My reservoir holds 20 gallons of nutrient mix. and lasts about 6 days or so. The biggest reason for my change is the time it frees up for me to enjoy being a father.

My dripper is setup using a sprinkler risers, some pvc elbows, and 4 four port dripper manifolds. Each pot has two 1/4 drip lones going to them with a t on the end to allow four watering points per pot.

the pump I chose was a 264 gph pump and it allows a slow enough feed to fully saturate the pot and not over do it either. It works out really nice.

Tomorrow will be day 14 on this first tray I have setup and it is gonna be bursting at the seams for sure.

cheers everyone. more details to come.

Nice! :thumb:

Just last night, I was feeding tea to my moms (about to be flowered out), and I had the thought, "I wonder if I can setup a drip feed system for this?"

:rofl:

Thanks for sharing that setup. I was looking at the irrigation stuff the other day for my veggie garden.

So I see you feed a few times a day. So it just feeds whatever you put into the 20g res, right? Do you ever give them just water, or is it always feeding? Since you're in coco, I'm assuming the later. :winkyface:

You will be perfect in that pot as long as you dont veg too long. If you plan on setting it up on a drip let it veg until it needs water once a day. and when you put it into flower you can start feeding it twice a day. It should go very well.

Super information thanks!

Nice! :thumb:

Just last night, I was feeding tea to my moms (about to be flowered out), and I had the thought, "I wonder if I can setup a drip feed system for this?"

:rofl:

Thanks for sharing that setup. I was looking at the irrigation stuff the other day for my veggie garden.

So I see you feed a few times a day. So it just feeds whatever you put into the 20g res, right? Do you ever give them just water, or is it always feeding? Since you're in coco, I'm assuming the later. :winkyface:

Hey hiker good to see you around! The drip is awesome and yes i feed constantly, if you give just water it messes up the coco's buffer. My res is always sitting around 1.3 ec maybe 1.4 or so and ph 5.8-6.0... Still learning the ins and outs of coco. I am enjoying the change.

Back
Top Bottom