Next SIP up and running.
This little Sour Diesel is just 3 weeks above the surface today and going strong. This is one of my wife's favorites so this was her choice. She started it in the SIP so there's no no transplant needed "I HOPE" but everything seems to be ok with it.
I'm hoping that I can stay home for the entire run this time but we just never know what life is going to throw at us.
Anyway this is growing in the bathroom under a couple CFL bulbs until I can move her to the Bud Bunker.
I'll be using the Hyphotonflux HPF3000 Light.
Bokashi soil.
Bokashi extract from the precompost bucket. I've been looking into the benefits of Molasses and it sounds interesting so maybe I'll try it...
not sure about that yet though.
For now that's where I'm at so forward we go.

IMG_20240314_055434.jpg

Morning sippers. Question for the group. I’m starting an auto directly in my sip using promix HP and mega crop. My question is while I’m top watering using a spray bottle for the first few weeks should I add the mega crop into the spray bottle or just hold off until I start watering from the reservoir. Also how long should I top water since I’m not transplanting or starting it in a mini sip. I’ve had bad experience with transplanting autos so I want to give it a fighting chance lol. Thanks

Morning sippers. Question for the group. I’m starting an auto directly in my sip using promix HP and mega crop. My question is while I’m top watering using a spray bottle for the first few weeks should I add the mega crop into the spray bottle or just hold off until I start watering from the reservoir. Also how long should I top water since I’m not transplanting or starting it in a mini sip. I’ve had bad experience with transplanting autos so I want to give it a fighting chance lol. Thanks
I'm also using ProMix HP and Mega Crop one part. Although its not necessary I start watering right away with 1g/gallon.

And I've never had an issue with transplanting. I even transplanted a little too early once and wasn't careful enough, the medium fell apart before I could get it in the prepared hole !

No problem, I just filled the hole around the roots and she kept trucking ;)

It's much easier to control the watering in a small container !

Water to run off the day before transplant and let the medium drain well. Then insert germinated seed and use the pick up and how much does it weight method before adding water. The first few times I water I don't give much more than an ounce or so around the outside of the cup slowly increasing the amount each time.

Same method at transplant. I water my 5 gallon SIP/GroBuckets from the top with a gallon. Ideally transplant the next day. Then maintain a 1/2 full reservoir for the next couple of weeks...

Cheers

I'm also using ProMix HP and Mega Crop one part. Although its not necessary I start watering right away with 1g/gallon.

And I've never had an issue with transplanting. I even transplanted a little too early once and wasn't careful enough, the medium fell apart before I could get it in the prepared hole !

No problem, I just filled the hole around the roots and she kept trucking ;)

It's much easier to control the watering in a small container !

Water to run off the day before transplant and let the medium drain well. Then insert germinated seed and use the pick up and how much does it weight method before adding water. The first few times I water I don't give much more than an ounce or so around the outside of the cup slowly increasing the amount each time.

Same method at transplant. I water my 5 gallon SIP/GroBuckets from the top with a gallon. Ideally transplant the next day. Then maintain a 1/2 full reservoir for the next couple of weeks...

Cheers
Thanks for the tips. I’ll give that a shot next go round. I dropped the seed in the earth box this morning. Gave it a few squirts of water and put a cup over it. The seed had been in water for 2 days and had a tap root.

So with one grow drying in the tent, it's time to start prepping for the next grow. It was nice out today so I prepped the smaller buckets, 3.5 gallons, using the same GroBucket inserts made for a 5 gallon. It was almost exactly the same base size and I just drilled the air hole a little lower to keep about the reservoir at about 3/4 gallons.
PXL_20240315_000513505.jpg
PXL_20240315_002928530.jpg

So with one grow drying in the tent, it's time to start prepping for the next grow. It was nice out today so I prepped the smaller buckets, 3.5 gallons, using the same GroBucket inserts made for a 5 gallon. It was almost exactly the same base size and I just drilled the air hole a little lower to keep about the reservoir at about 3/4 gallons.
PXL_20240315_000513505.jpg
PXL_20240315_002928530.jpg
What’s going in them?

if my run off from watering draiing into my sip ph is 7.6 should i be feeding a lower ph to counter that ?
I’m a noob and have no idea what I’m talking about so take my advice for what it’s worth.. lol.. but, it’s my understanding that runoff ph means nothing. I’m curious what the knowledgeable peeps have to say… good question.

if my run off from watering draiing into my sip ph is 7.6 should i be feeding a lower ph to counter that ?
You should mostly be feeding directly into the reservoir via the fill tube. Is that not what you're doing?

Edit: you're doing the bottom fill pots, yes?

Well my mistake is also a lesson.
Before I took off too take care of life, I forgot to let my wife know about mixing fresh forest floor in with the soil I made but I thought I would be home by now.
When she started this little Sour Diesel, all she did was add perlite and dropped the bean in after popping it.
I now know that using a 5 gallon bucket of Bokashi precompost in 3 - 5 gallon buckets of forest floor makes the soil hot.
Here we are half way through week 4 above the surface and let the burn begin, as of now nothing but water.
My last sip I cut with fresh ff and only saw 1 leaf show any sign.
This little girl isn't as lucky.

IMG_20240319_172012.jpg

IMG_20240319_171954.jpg

IMG_20240319_171943.jpg

Well my mistake is also a lesson.
Before I took off too take care of life, I forgot to let my wife know about mixing fresh forest floor in with the soil I made but I thought I would be home by now.
When she started this little Sour Diesel, all she did was add perlite and dropped the bean in after popping it.
I now know that using a 5 gallon bucket of Bokashi precompost in 3 - 5 gallon buckets of forest floor makes the soil hot.
Here we are half way through week 4 above the surface and let the burn begin, as of now nothing but water.
My last sip I cut with fresh ff and only saw 1 leaf show any sign.
This little girl isn't as lucky.
The old saying is if the tips aren't burned you're not pushing hard enough!

You should mostly be feeding directly into the reservoir via the fill tube. Is that not what you're doing?

Edit: you're doing the bottom fill pots, yes?
yeah i fill the sip base , do a few top feeds though too to get other nutes in when i need to,like when i added bibizz feeds, was told never to add feed to the base sip, the pots dried up quite alot so i rehydrated them up with a top water and run off that came i measured just curiosity, really, but yeah surely thats a lil high ? i did find out midway i had my RO filters mineeral filter on which is an alkaliser too makes the water 8,5 so once i ditched that off my problems stopped, but the extra CA in carbonate form i think rose my soil ph

@MedScientist thanks man, there all fine really i feel the fade came in early maybe due to ph, there fine though but i do feel they wanted to pop more weight on which never happened, and if the ph was out that should slow uptake, i will yeild nice and the qualitys outa this world, i dont think the soil is outa like like we though i think the ph swing up is what it was,
just poped plants into my old soil and there so dark green, lol and growing fast
ill get some pics tomorow

Back
Top Bottom