SweetLeef's Gone Even More Mas Muy Loco - Perpetual - 4400W TopLED - SuperSoil

Alright, the pictures are uploading as I am typing this, and there are a bunch tonight. I didn't do anything except take pictures tonight. Grabbed a couple of lamps, zipped the veg tent and got pictures that are a little bit better. I focused on the flower tent. We'll go over the veg tent in detail in the next few days.

We will start with the HarleSin tonight. One of my favorite plants I have grown yet. She smells so good. And she's super frosty. Here's kinda of a funny thing with her. I attempted to pollinate her on two separate occasions. The first attempt I pollinated, and when I took her back down stairs I realized I should label the branch. Went back downstairs and threw a label on the branch in question. A few days later I made a second run with the pollen. I pollinated the labeled branch and put her back in the tent. Well, it would seem I pollinated a different branch than the one I labeled. It would also seem the second pass didn't take. I'm not surprised, I didn't really see any pollen, I just picked off the male flowers chopped them up and threw them on the buds. I know it didn't take because there is no sign of a seed anywhere on the labeled branch. There are however seeds on a branch on the other side of the plant and after much careful and thorough inspection, I see seeds only on that branch. I got lucky and was accidentally successful? I'll take it :laughtwo:

Let's get to some pictures.

HarleSin
20150310_190028.jpg
20150310_190057.jpg
20150310_190151.jpg
20150310_190136.jpg
20150310_190224.jpg

Alien Jack Mota. She is just a bushy mess :)
20150310_192822.jpg
20150310_192843.jpg
20150310_192833.jpg

Tijuana. Nice little plant. This girls was originally supposed to be in the ebbnflow in my last journal.
20150310_193428.jpg
20150310_193406.jpg

Strawberry Cough. A little beauty. I have a clone of her in veg. :)
20150310_193606.jpg

20150310_193551.jpg

Tangamanga. She may steal the favorite of this grow spot. She is just so large and in charge. The cola that is a little taller than the two liter is one of 4 that size and a couple almost that big as well. Really glad I've got clones of her. Also, I found out today that the Tangamanga that got left behind in veg is a girl. So I've got two phonos of this strain and I am super stoked.
20150310_194118.jpg
20150310_194012.jpg
20150310_194255.jpg

Critical Sensi Star. Really like this plant quite a bit. I will grow this strain again.
20150310_194447.jpg
20150310_194431.jpg

AMS. Cultivator was right(as usual) This is am awesome strain! another grow-again
20150310_194623.jpg
20150310_194615.jpg

Durban Magic. I still haven't sone it yet, but I think that tomorrow I will take a cutting from her and cross my fingers she roots.
20150310_194838.jpg
20150310_194851.jpg

Thunder Scout's. A special thanks to King John, Catman, and Chronic for keeping me calm. I think they are all girls. with two possible hermies. Let's take a look.
20150310_195222.jpg
20150310_195335.jpg
20150310_195324.jpg
20150310_195629.jpg
20150310_195505.jpg
20150310_195452.jpg
20150310_195804.jpg
20150310_195639.jpg
20150310_200016.jpg
20150310_200005.jpg
20150310_195810.jpg
20150310_200126.jpg
20150310_200115.jpg
20150310_200224.jpg
20150310_200216.jpg

Here is a look at the weird bits. These totally look like male pre flowers to me, but then a pistil comes out. Are these two just crazy mutants or do I need to get them out of here post haste?
20150310_200828.jpg

20150310_200536.jpg
20150310_200704.jpg
20150310_200435.jpg

The Family
20150310_202357.jpg

These two pictures are for JadeLotus. Here is a look at the S.A.G.E. and the Burmese Kush. A few more weeks and I'll grab a couple cuts, probably from the burmese first, to make another attempt at making fem seeds :)
S.A.G.E.
20150310_202903.jpg

Burmese Kush
20150310_202819.jpg

Flower tent is looking great, and as soon as I figure out whats up with these weirdo Thunder Scouts I'll know exactly how happy to be, but even if they are hermies that need to go, I'm still quite stoked. :)

I hope all is well in your tents, garages, PC boxes, closets, basements, yards, and fire escapes. :high-five:

Here is a look at the weird bits. These totally look like male pre flowers to me, but then a pistil comes out. Are these two just crazy mutants or do I need to get them out of here post haste?

20150310_200536.jpg
That's some weird stuff Sweets. I've heard of this but your pic is the first proof I've seen.

First off I have to say those are some really nice flowering Ladies :bravo: Very, very nice :cheer:

Secondly, I was sitting in front of my 2 Ladies [sitting is important to this] and I saw the same ball type thing on both my Ladies. Never saw this before and they're about at harvest. I wouldn't see this standing [I've been too quick, running in an out at watering]

I plucked it and examined it...broke it apart...looks to be calyx forming inside. Didn't seem like a male part, but I've never seen this before...

HERM_29_.jpg

This was 1 of 4 under my main cola

HERM_3_.jpg

Same as what you have? WTF?

Looks like a hermie to me all right. I've had a few like that and always chop them. Lovely plants you have there though Sweetleaf.

Thanks Weaselcracker! I just did some looking around and I think we indeed have a couple of hermies.

First off I have to say those are some really nice flowering Ladies :bravo: Very, very nice :cheer:

Secondly, I was sitting in front of my 2 Ladies [sitting is important to this] and I saw the same ball type thing on both my Ladies. Never saw this before and they're about at harvest. I wouldn't see this standing [I've been too quick, running in an out at watering]

I plucked it and examined it...broke it apart...looks to be calyx forming inside. Didn't seem like a male part, but I've never seen this before...

HERM_29_.jpg

This was 1 of 4 under my main cola

HERM_3_.jpg

Same as what you have? WTF?

I think your just fine. All of my plants have that. On a couple plants last grow there were a couple where I thought I had some seeds, they were just really swollen calyxes. They were almost hard, but open it all up and it's just green plant. :) That's what I think you have.

I checked out this page, and I think we have at least two hermies. I think They've got the "Bisexual Flowers" I will give them a real hard check over after work, we could have 5 hermies out of this batch. Hopefully the 8 in veg don't do this too...

If my understanding is correct Weasel hermied plants have nanner shaped pollen pods not male pollen pods and Catman, I think what you have is just a pollinated female; it looks like an immature seed pod. I could be wrong but what Sweets is witnessing is a trans-gender plant.

Hermie plants are what I call the ones that grow buds but also have the male flowers -balls on stalks. They have both male and female characteristics and it tends to be pretty obvious especially by the time they have popcorn size buds. The other situation is when females produce the little banana shaped yellow things ("nanners") that pop out of the buds themselves. The nanners, so-called, do produce pollen and therefore seeds but there's less of it. They are not the same thing as male flowers. They are 'female flowers'. There's a proper term for them but I forgot what it is. Like I said the hermies tend to be pretty obvious re the sex situation although I've missed spotting them before with disastrous results. I get about one a year if I grow from seed a lot.
- The ones that pop out nanners in bud, I dont call hermies. It seems like they are obviously females that are reacting to whatever stress or genetic predisposition to try to make a few seeds. I've never had a female plant grow balls late in the game but I think maybe some people have I'm not sure. I'm no expert this is just my take on things. :)

Oh & hermies can have balls & nanners :)[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks SkunnyM. That's just my take on it like I said- how I differentiate. When I get nanners I just get a few in the buds and I can pick them out. Other times I get a full-blown hermie. And there seems to be a difference between the two situations

Tangamanga. She may steal the favorite of this grow spot. She is just so large and in charge. The cola that is a little taller than the two liter is one of 4 that size and a couple almost that big as well. Really glad I've got clones of her. Also, I found out today that the Tangamanga that got left behind in veg is a girl. So I've got two phonos of this strain and I am super stoked.
20150310_194118.jpg
20150310_194012.jpg
20150310_194255.jpg

I hope all is well in your tents, garages, PC boxes, closets, basements, yards, and fire escapes. :high-five:

I like the looks of this girl. I've never grown anything like her. Beautiful form.

If my understanding is correct Weasel hermied plants have nanner shaped pollen pods not male pollen pods.

Edit – looking at your question again B A R I think the answer is 'yes' "Hermied' plants, meaning females that have gone sideways, in my not so vast experience, get nanners, not balls. But without blatherin much more about it -some plants- the ones I call true hermies, grow buds and balls right from the start- and nanners too it sounds like from Skunny.

And yes that's a gorgeous plant Sweetleaf. Looks like a producer.

Man, looks like I've got some plants to get rid of tonight

:skeptical:

Thanks for all your help guys. It was nice to come home to some good information on my plants.

Oh yeah, welcome to my journal WeaselCracker. It's good to have you here :high-five:

The good news is, we got 8/8 girls for the flowering Thunder Scouts. The bad news is 4 of them are hermies.

3 of them went through the juicer and I drank that shit all up. The hand crank wheatgrass juicer is not the most efficient juicer out there. I got about 3/4 of a cup from all three plants. And these were decent sized lady boys. Either way I had a nice blast of goodness there.

The 4th hermie I stuck out in the detached garage, where I was planning on keeping a male. It will live under 1 cfl and won't produce much as a result, but we will use it for oil for my sister.

The 4 that are left in flower I will be keeping eagle eyes on. as well as the 8 that are still in veg.

Girls in veg are getting huge :)

Hope all is well in yours :)

Thanks for the welcome Sweetleaf. You have a nice grow. I wonder why so many hermies that seems a bit unusual. Just weird genetics maybe? To be honest I just stumbled in and haven't read from the start to see if the hermies are different strains or all the same stock. I will though. I love stumbling into great threads that are less than 100 pages long.

The good news is, we got 8/8 girls for the flowering Thunder Scouts. The bad news is 4 of them are hermies.

3 of them went through the juicer and I drank that shit all up. The hand crank wheatgrass juicer is not the most efficient juicer out there. I got about 3/4 of a cup from all three plants. And these were decent sized lady boys. Either way I had a nice blast of goodness there.

The 4th hermie I stuck out in the detached garage, where I was planning on keeping a male. It will live under 1 cfl and won't produce much as a result, but we will use it for oil for my sister.

The 4 that are left in flower I will be keeping eagle eyes on. as well as the 8 that are still in veg.

Girls in veg are getting huge :)

Hope all is well in yours :)

Sorry to hear of your loss on the hermies SweetLeef but cool you juiced them - like to see a photo of that if you ever do it again :cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad to hear your vegies are huge and healthy - combined with those awesome flowering Ladies, you've got a most excellent grow happening over there. Especially since you've had to battle those gnats - nice recovery :high-five:

Thanks for the welcome Sweetleaf. You have a nice grow. I wonder why so many hermies that seems a bit unusual. Just weird genetics maybe? To be honest I just stumbled in and haven't read from the start to see if the hermies are different strains or all the same stock. I will though. I love stumbling into great threads that are less than 100 pages long.

I believe the hermies were cause by the stress of an infestation. I got the bugs under control, but I guess that plants couldn't handle it. All 4 were Alaskan Thunder Scouts (GSCxATF) Seeds I got from a buddy who's GSC accidentally got knocked by a neighbors male ATF plant. So it could have something to do with that as well.

That's what I'm thinking.

Sorry to hear of your loss on the hermies SweetLeef but cool you juiced them - like to see a photo of that if you ever do it again :cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad to hear your vegies are huge and healthy - combined with those awesome flowering Ladies, you've got a most excellent grow happening over there. Especially since you've had to battle those gnats - nice recovery :high-five:

I almost did grab some pics. It was pretty fun running the whole plant through the grinder. Saves a boat load of time too by doing it that way. :)

The big veggies are awesome, but they make me antsy. I want to flower them and see what they'll do. but I need to wait so I'll have room in the flower tent. Patience is hard sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom