TassieDevil's - Indoor - DIY - Bag Seed - What The Fluxing Learning Curve - Stage 1

Re: TassieDevil's Indoor DIY Bagseed WhatTheFluxing Learning Curve-Stage1

mini update....cause I can :)

1017am....everyone has been outside enjoying the sunshine for the last hour...

DSCF34681.JPG

I can now see, I didn't get 4 L's from the first lot, I got 3 L's and 1 O! All the tags came out when I knocked it all up right at the beginning...it was all a guess as to what I had...75% right! :)

The front left is a first O. The rear left is a L. The difference is much clearer in person....but, you can see the leaf structure is the same as the little O's, and different colour - lighter and shape rounder, and looks identical, just not at bad symptoms as the nitrogen deficiency of the little O's...and the L at the back left didn't suffer at all, same size pot, same medium mixed at the same time...so...we have 3 L's and 4 O's and 1 hash...ok sounds good to me :)

DSCF34691.JPG

Hash plant taking some sun by the pool...manky pool for a manky girl :)

DSCF3470.JPG

Yeah she did. Looks like she's starting to come around my friend :)

They all had 11 hours in the sun yesterday, so they should be happy!

I feel like a bit of a dick but I was checking on her every 4 hours yesterday. Spider mite checking, and just overall appearance. It took almost 4 hours before the leaves started to lift and she looked like something had changed in her appearance.

She's got the typical...I'm a neglected hot house pot plant...with wet feet, mossy soil n all, so no water for her yesterday, she need's to dry out.

I've never seen a plant change back...never wanted it to go back to veg after flower! She seemed to loose a lot of her white hairs yesterday, doesn't look so blonde up top any more...the changes are quick if that's what im seeing!

Yeah man, she's comin around! That's a good find. Hashplant is an amazing strain!

Week 3 Day 24

Oh cool really...I should look it up then, because the name could be right to what it is...thanks Sphnx, I needed to know...

Well then, my attention to this little girl may well be worth it!

Mini update then:

Cabinet conditions cool 17.8C 35%...I've been moving the fan about trying to see if it makes any difference to cabinet temps...doesn't seem to, well not with the low's we've been having anyway.

Germination box conditions cool...18C 50%

And everyone has been outside for 2 hours

DSCF34791.JPG

DSCF34811.JPG

Very resinous :) thus the hashplant name :)

The little ones are looking stoked! I love seeing the V leaves, just soakin in the sun.

Week 3 Day 25

Hands hurt, cant type have pictures...first

anyone seen this? Dropped tip...just on the soil????? WTF

DSCF34882.JPG

Conditions in the box good

DSCF34822.JPG

LL1

DSCF3484r.jpg

LL1 again just because :)

DSCF34871.JPG

Group under canopy shot

DSCF34892.JPG

Hash plant conditions

DSCF34901.JPG

She's pretty happy...after a re-pot I'm going to trim all those big dying fan leaves...

DSCF34932.JPG

I agree with Canna, you look like your having lots of fun :)
Welll I hope you are cause were enjoying watching along my friend! Ya plants look to have great structure to em already! Bravo Sir Tassie!!

Thanks LA
...can you tell by the number pic's I take...and the daily updates...not that I'm keen or anything :)

I'm a bit slow with topping the flux out...I'm still trying to get the cab sorted...thought I'd have it sorted by now, and have the flux's under way....it's what it is... :(

I think a repot is going to help hashplant. Just my personal opinion. It does seem to be coming around.

Looking good there TassieDevil! Sounds like you are really enjoying this too.

:circle-of-love:

Thanks Cabnna :) sorry cnat go back, hands hurt..repot today...she's all choir, so needs soil desperately... :)

Sorry to all other's and your journals...

It's enough with my hands to type this out, and do lot's of like's on yours...

I hope everyone will forgive me if I leave the comments on your journals till...failling...i can.

(this is what happens, about 30-60 seconds typing and hands fail..pain..wait...wait...go again...failling)

Week 3 Day 26

The seedlings are all doing their thing. The O's are coming around, still maybe looks like there's some discolouration in the new growth, so I got a new theory...PH...Up to just before the repot I've been using bought water to flush the worm wee...look sometime's it can start to clog the mix, and I hadn't filtered it very well initially, can be a mistake!
So I put 10l of bought water and used that all the way through, and finally measured it and it's pretty neutral. The worm wee...well it's acidic...and the plant's like it a little more like that..so...theories being theories, they'll get watered with worm wee tomorrow and well see if that make's a more dramatic shift in colour.

Well today was all about Hash Plant, the little manky one...I'm a little smitten, and she show's such promise, so...

Hash Plant - Day 3 of ownership

Soil setup. Ok, so we've got Seagreen's Certified Organic Premium potting mix :yummy:, which has added Tasmanian seaweed, Perlite, Course Propagating sand, blood and bone...I'm outta lime so we'll skip that
Ratio of 2 Segreens : 1 Perlite : 1 Sand : a sprinkle of blood and bone...
If you were using it on your veggie garden, then you sprinkle or dust the entire surface of the bed with blood and bone and mix through...that's what I'm going for...it's not rocket science and not a very consistent approach...I've done it like this a very long time and the results are consistent...so...but for next journal, I'm gunna get a little more techy :)

DSCF34942.JPG

Mix...mixed....the flash makes it look more sandy than it is...so I shouldn't include this shot, but anyway...or does it...just had the thought that maybe the flash is showing what I can't see....:O

DSCF34952.JPG

Gravel in the bottom of the 8" pot - this is bluestone, naturally occurring...the pot is washed...just well used :)

DSCF34981.JPG

Roots...she's all bottom and not much side roots, there's a lot of coco fibre in the bottom and perlite throught the mix, but it just doesn't look like there's much soil...not my choice, so we need to change that a bit :)...sorry bout the shakes, but this is the best shot! :)

DSCF35011.JPG

Set height in the pot

DSCF3502r.jpg

Backfill and ...not a bad guess for the amount of mix eh? :)

DSCF35032.JPG

Water

DSCF35052.JPG

Propagating sand....additional propagating sand...reflective, well draining...keeps the perlite and soil down a bit.

DSCF35092.JPG

Water again

Flash
DSCF3512r.jpg

Oh yes that is frost on that little lady...
No Flash
DSCF3517r.jpg

I just found the tripod yesterday...somehow the mount for the camera is missing, so when I find that, the shot's will be better OK? :)

Awesome update my friend! The Hashplant is looking like its wanting to turn around. Your best bet turning her back is 24 hour light. Not switched back and forth sunlight to indoors. Plants actually sleep under cfl's after being in the sun all day. Just a consistent light source. A week or so of not sleeping at all, she will look better than ever.

Just a tip :)

Back
Top Bottom