Weedtastics white russian soil grow

wow can i just say thank you to all of you (to many to mention ) for all your kind words greatly appreciated...... we checked the grow room yesterday morning and the bud rot had hit another 8 colas thats 18 total so we decided to chop em salvage wot we cud 3 plants at 7 and a half weeks 3 at 8 and a half weeks into flower as this is my first grow i have no idea wot we harvested ie weight yeild wot we have lost but im thrilled with wot we got take a look see wot you guys think...........be lucky weedtastic

this was the biggest cola we cud salvage all the bigger thicker bud got the rot first
js1024_DSC04063.jpg

Still looking great weedtastic, such chunky buds and nicely trimmed!!
Whats your drying procedure then, hope your hanging some of those buds?!

:yummy:
yea mate gonna use fishing line and maybe little fishing hooks for the smaller bud ?...........guys wots your drying methods ? i was under the impression not hot or to cold a place ......in the dark hanging for about 2 weeks to dry? lettme know wot you guys think ? cheers for postin...........be lucky weedtastic

Yeah,
In the dark to stop the growth, I defintaly recommend hanging all the big buds by the end of the stalk, for atleast a week, either hanging down in a box, or closet, but they mustn't be touching each other, we dont want more problems!!

:peace:
i was thinking in my grow room , lights out or do you think it will be contaminated with mold ?

drying

Yeah,
In the dark to stop the growth, I defintaly recommend hanging all the big buds by the end of the stalk, for atleast a week, either hanging down in a box, or closet, but they mustn't be touching each other, we dont want more problems!!

:peace:
The plant will grow no longer once its been cut down. We hang to dry in the dark because heat, light, and friction speed up the degradation of trichomes. Hang em to dry for about a week I normally go 5-10 days. I don't think fish hooks are a good idea. Paperclips are cheaper and safer. Be sure to have a small fan circulating air in the room Don't train it directly on the buds, U don't want them to dry too fast.

wow can i just say thank you to all of you (to many to mention ) for all your kind words greatly appreciated...... we checked the grow room yesterday morning and the bud rot had hit another 8 colas thats 18 total so we decided to chop em salvage wot we cud 3 plants at 7 and a half weeks 3 at 8 and a half weeks into flower as this is my first grow i have no idea wot we harvested ie weight yeild wot we have lost but im thrilled with wot we got take a look see wot you guys think...........be lucky weedtastic

Nice to see those giant colas, weedtastic. Well done. Takes some of the pain out of losing some to bud rot when you have arm sized colas,lol.

I think my largest will be thumb sized,lol.

i was thinking in my grow room , lights out or do you think it will be contaminated with mold ?

your buds have probably already been exposed but I wouldn't take any chances on losing more. Dry them somewhere else.

I'd even consider a 10 minute bake at 180f to make sure whats harvested is gonna stay happy. Dunno if thats a great idea but I'd be so paranoid about the harvest.
Then again, some of my ideas about my own plants weren't the best,lol.

i'm glad you and the wifey got some smoke out of it those nugs look yummy. I built a box out of some good lumber and hang dry my plants til the stems "snap".THe wood helps maintain the natural smell and gives just the rite amount of airflow when i crack the door oprn.this i do a ferw times a day but the room that it is in stays pitch black.I got taught this technique.Ans the people i know have been doing this same tech for over 20 years.

Looks like you salvaged some good looking weed, Great job with that. I would probably not hang the buds in the grow room. Pick a room thats dark and with good ventilation. You will have some smelly bud in that room that could travel throughout the house so keep that in mind when you pick a spot. Good luck with the drying and I hope everything turns out.

Back
Top Bottom