1st Grow Journal - 2nd Grow - 11 Super Skunk Clones with 2 X 400W in Coco

DukeMonroe

Hey everyone, this is my first grow journal and only my second grow so please be clement.

So this is what I have for this grow:

- 11 clones of Super Skunk
- Growing medium: Coco
- Fertilizers: BioBizz (the entire line of their products)
- A 1 squared meter box (roughly 10 squared feet)
- 2 X 400W lights (for veg I'm using 1 MH and 1 HPS, I will switch to 2 HPS's for flowering) with cool tubes
- 400m2 Carbon filter with a 365m2 extractor
- 465m2 extractor for the cool tubes
- PH = around 5.8-6.0
- Temperature varies but usually under 80F
- Humidity around 40%

Here are some pics!

The clones on day 1
weed117.jpg

1 week old
1-_6_.jpg

10 days
1-_9_.jpg

I will keep you guys updated if you're interested!

sub'd

lookin good sofar duke.

be interestin ta seehow ya plan to fit 11 plants, 2 light hoods w/cooltubes and 2 fans in a 1 meter sq tent. hmmm an I have trouble with a 4x8 and one plant thus far lol.

Hey unforgiven!

Well it fits fine but my problem is the heat, I realized that sometimes it's getting to hot in there. So sorry for the confusion everyone, but I just bought a 250W HPS to replace one of the 400W's. So I'll be changing the title of the journal to 650W.
I've done a test run and now the temps are perfect even without using both extractors.

A small update guys!

So I just switched to 650W instead of 800W, 400W MH and 250W HPS.

Here are some pics of Day 12

Day-12.jpg

1-_11_.jpg

Another update!

I just re potted 6 of the plants. I decided to give 5 of them another couple of days. First of all because two of my plants suffered severe dehydration in the first week (actually the first night I got them as clones), and you can see how much smaller they are and secondly, 'cause I need to get some more coco :D

Here are some pics of day 13
1-_15_.jpg

1-_23_.jpg

Update Day 16!

The babies are doing fine a part from the 2 that suffered dehydration in the beginning. I've re-potted all of them now.
I'm hoping now that they're not stressed anymore, they'll start growing even faster :)

Here are the pics:
1-_25_.jpg

(The HPS is turned off in the photo otherwise it interferes with the camera.)
1-_26_.jpg

1-_28_.jpg

lookin good there duke.

only problem I first spot is they are stretching sideways to the one light that's on. are you normally running both?

they look like happy n healthy babies otherwise lol.

Thanks for the feedback unforgiven!
At the very beginning (when I was using 2X400W), I did turn off the hps on the right during some hours when it'd get too hot in the box, maybe that's why... like 4-5 days out of the 16 days I've had them. I didn't even notice that they were stretching sideways :s

Day 20 Update

I guess everything is going OK. I have noticed a few strange leaves that I think are due to stress from re-potting but I'm not worrying about it too much since they don't look that bad.

10-_32_.jpg

10-_33_.jpg

10-_34_.jpg

Your plants look great! I'm liking coco myself. Questions for you..

What is your water/feed schedule?

I guess I'm interested in how one waters/feeds a coco system with 11 plants? How do you deal with the runoff? How many times per day?

This is definitely not criticism. I'm just curious. Are the 11 clones from the same mother? Either way, why 11 of the same strain? Again, not criticism... Just wondering if there is something medically relevant worth noting, limited access to genetics, or just your favorite???

This is going to be fun to watch! I think if you flipped now you'd completely fill up that tent. Again, not trying to reccomend you flip. I'll shut up now. Good luck sir!

Your plants look great! I'm liking coco myself. Questions for you..

What is your water/feed schedule?

I guess I'm interested in how one waters/feeds a coco system with 11 plants? How do you deal with the runoff? How many times per day?

This is definitely not criticism. I'm just curious. Are the 11 clones from the same mother? Either way, why 11 of the same strain? Again, not criticism... Just wondering if there is something medically relevant worth noting, limited access to genetics, or just your favorite???

This is going to be fun to watch! I think if you flipped now you'd completely fill up that tent. Again, not trying to reccomend you flip. I'll shut up now. Good luck sir!

Hey Spitz!

To answer your questions:

I water them every day with nutes and flush them with ph'd water once every two weeks. For now I'm using BioHeaven, BioGrow and I used the Biobizz rootjuice for the first two weeks but stopped using it a few days ago.

I believe the 11 clones are from the same mother but can't be sure (got them from a shady growshop). It's not my favorite strain but as you said I had a limited access to genetics, this was the only strain they had.
I didn't want to grow the plants from seed as it's getting tougher to get seeds mailed to the country I live in (a small one in Europe). Also, I originally asked the dude who sold me the clones for 9 of them (would've been 3 rows of 3 plants) but I guess he was either high or just being nice by giving me 11.

Now as the pictures show, two of them are ridiculously small so I may just put them in another box I have and veg them for another month separately from the other bunch.

Oh and I forgot to answer the runoff question :smokin:
I guess I figured out exactly how much water each pot needs to get just a little bit of runoff that evaporates in a few hours. So that's that.

New update!
I've put the babies into flowering and they're now getting 12/12 with a 400w and a 250W HPS.
I've moved the two small plants to another box where they'll continue to veg for a while.
I've switched to 12/12 yesterday and here's a pic of day 23 from clone or day 2 of flowering!

weeed_0_.jpg

weeed2_3_.jpg

weeed2_2_.jpg

weeed2_1_.jpg

A new update guys! Day 5 - Flowering

I apologize for the shitty color balance in the pics.
I've added BioBizz Topmax to the list of nutes I'm feeding the ladies with (along with BioGrow, BioHeaven and BioBloom).
They seem to be doing well. What do you guys think?

10-_39_.jpg

10-_42_.jpg

10-_46_.jpg

10-_49_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom