1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

Good grief! I vanish for a while and when I come back you're helping out on a monster outdoor grow! ;-)

Excellent work my friend (on both your own grow and the other one).

Thank Max
It has kept me burning the candle at both ends thats for sure.
I need to make the rounds this weekend and get caught up with everyones grows, I feel so out of touch lately.

OK so its been a week since I last posted pictures so time to show you all how the landscape has changed since the last update.
I weaseled out of going out to my brothers to help with his swimming pool by using the excuse I needed to change out my buckets. It was kind of true, I had originally planned on doing that last night but after working out at his place till almost 1 in the un yesterday I was a hurting puppy and crashed early last night without changing the buckets. I also did not add water to the buckets last night before lights out which was a big no no. When you see the pictures you will see what I am referring to, a hydro plant that looks super thirsty and thirsty she was, but since I have limited water ready for bucket changes I did not add fresh water to the bucket till it was her turn to be changed. Another bad idea but oh well live and learn. Looking back now I would have been better off to just grab 2 or 3 gallons of tap water and give her a drink until it was time to change the buckets, at least then she would not of been so droopy.
Starting with my backyard ladies lets take a look:
Malawi Gold in the Scrog is filling in nicely should have made more of these for the bottom layer.
IMG_229024.jpg
IMG_229225.jpg

the other Malawi Gold is looking like my hair after a good windstorm, a total out of control mess
IMG_229318.jpg
IMG_229419.jpg

The outdoor Huckleberry apparently wants to grow bigger then her sister indoors. Something tells me she will be a beast when she is done.
IMG_229513.jpg
IMG_229614.jpg

Well would you look at the little Cherry Pie, who would have guessed she was the problem child she was indoor. Apparently she prefers outdoors. While she is the smallest of the outdoor plants she still looks like she has potential.
IMG_229719.jpg

So I realize that the strings I started putting up to trellis my plants is about as "Redneck" as a person can get. Here I have a nice pre-made trellis bought and paid for and I have not used it. While I was at the bank the other day depositing the last 3 weeks checks from work it dawned on me. I am a cheap SOB and just need to break down and spend some money and do it right. Ok so thats not gonna happen but I do need to actually get this project moving before I miss my window of opportunity.

I am guessing Rifleman is chuckling right about now, and Major Pita is saying "Told you so" My Malawi Gold just keeps on growing. I added some more strings to help tuck branches under but what started out as
DSC_25191.jpg

turned into this
IMG_228723.jpg
IMG_227724.jpg

Then you have this little Huckleberry fighting to get a little light though she will just have to deal with what she gets.
IMG_227025.jpg

DSC_095410.jpg

Look how sad the buds look on the big Huckleberry, you can tell just by looking she should have been watered last night and at the very least this morning, nope she had to wait for the bucket change out.
IMG_226624.jpg
IMG_226120.jpg
IMG_225616.jpg
IMG_225514.jpg
DSC_095316.jpg
DSC_095213.jpg
DSC_095114.jpg
DSC_095017.jpg
DSC_09498.jpg
DSC_09477.jpg
DSC_09467.jpg
DSC_09459.jpg
DSC_09445.jpg
DSC_09439.jpg
DSC_094212.jpg
DSC_094110.jpg
DSC_09408.jpg
DSC_09397.jpg

between the water issue and the heat it is amazing these girls are still alive and well. Surprisingly they look considerably better now that the have had some water and I opened up the bathroom to the back room to increase the capacity of cooling from the AC.

At least the sun and heat is not being wasted, the girl I have out at my brothers place is doing just peachy, she should be ready to be tucked under again tomorrow if all goes as planned. I did steal an idea from Major Pita for my 200 gallon pot. With this heat I really needed to address the issue of heating up the soil because of the color of my container, so while I could not find any Egyptian 5000 thread count linens to wrap her up with I was able to score some almost as impressive Goodwill specials.
DSC_093210.jpg
DSC_09317.jpg
DSC_093210.jpg
DSC_09344.jpg
DSC_09363.jpg
DSC_09379.jpg

I left out Sinead, she is still growing just fine but since she did go into flower and now is trying to jump back into veg her development is a bit funky. I have been checking daily to make sure she does not Hermi on me and decide to go Chris Jenner on me. or would be that the reverse of that... hard to keep up with the Cardashiains.

Anywho, If anyone has not heard, Heirlooms was in a bad accident and is recovering but could use your prayers or well wishes or what ever your beliefs find appropriate. He is a good guy and could use some support from our community.

I hope all is well with you, your loved ones and your gardens. Time to go grab a fruit popsicle and cool off some.
Peace :peacetwo::peace:

Awesome action inside and out, OG! I'm loving both but really look forward to seeing the outdoor crop progress.
The MG looks to be under control.
:bravo:

Awesome action inside and out, OG! I'm loving both but really look forward to seeing the outdoor crop progress.
The MG looks to be under control.
:bravo:
For now but she needs to stop stretching soon or I may be in for big trouble, I think that would be a great candidate for a SCROG with the way she keeps on growing. I keep desperately hope to see the start of a bud on her so I will know the stretching is almost over.

Nice scrog ang good timing too. Remember that Malawi can reach 12-13 feet in full season, and when she stretches she'll become a beast, so you're gonna have to keep her training. Let's hope you're gonna have enough space.

Awesome:thumb:your girls are looking good:bravo:
OK so its been a week since I last posted pictures so time to show you all how the landscape has changed since the last update.
I weaseled out of going out to my brothers to help with his swimming pool by using the excuse I needed to change out my buckets. It was kind of true, I had originally planned on doing that last night but after working out at his place till almost 1 in the un yesterday I was a hurting puppy and crashed early last night without changing the buckets. I also did not add water to the buckets last night before lights out which was a big no no. When you see the pictures you will see what I am referring to, a hydro plant that looks super thirsty and thirsty she was, but since I have limited water ready for bucket changes I did not add fresh water to the bucket till it was her turn to be changed. Another bad idea but oh well live and learn. Looking back now I would have been better off to just grab 2 or 3 gallons of tap water and give her a drink until it was time to change the buckets, at least then she would not of been so droopy.
Starting with my backyard ladies lets take a look:
Malawi Gold in the Scrog is filling in nicely should have made more of these for the bottom layer.
IMG_229024.jpg
IMG_229225.jpg

the other Malawi Gold is looking like my hair after a good windstorm, a total out of control mess
IMG_229318.jpg
IMG_229419.jpg

The outdoor Huckleberry apparently wants to grow bigger then her sister indoors. Something tells me she will be a beast when she is done.
IMG_229513.jpg
IMG_229614.jpg

Well would you look at the little Cherry Pie, who would have guessed she was the problem child she was indoor. Apparently she prefers outdoors. While she is the smallest of the outdoor plants she still looks like she has potential.
IMG_229719.jpg

So I realize that the strings I started putting up to trellis my plants is about as "Redneck" as a person can get. Here I have a nice pre-made trellis bought and paid for and I have not used it. While I was at the bank the other day depositing the last 3 weeks checks from work it dawned on me. I am a cheap SOB and just need to break down and spend some money and do it right. Ok so thats not gonna happen but I do need to actually get this project moving before I miss my window of opportunity.

I am guessing Rifleman is chuckling right about now, and Major Pita is saying "Told you so" My Malawi Gold just keeps on growing. I added some more strings to help tuck branches under but what started out as
DSC_25191.jpg

turned into this
IMG_228723.jpg
IMG_227724.jpg

Then you have this little Huckleberry fighting to get a little light though she will just have to deal with what she gets.
IMG_227025.jpg

DSC_095410.jpg

Look how sad the buds look on the big Huckleberry, you can tell just by looking she should have been watered last night and at the very least this morning, nope she had to wait for the bucket change out.
IMG_226624.jpg
IMG_226120.jpg
IMG_225616.jpg
IMG_225514.jpg
DSC_095316.jpg
DSC_095213.jpg
DSC_095114.jpg
DSC_095017.jpg
DSC_09498.jpg
DSC_09477.jpg
DSC_09467.jpg
DSC_09459.jpg
DSC_09445.jpg
DSC_09439.jpg
DSC_094212.jpg
DSC_094110.jpg
DSC_09408.jpg
DSC_09397.jpg

between the water issue and the heat it is amazing these girls are still alive and well. Surprisingly they look considerably better now that the have had some water and I opened up the bathroom to the back room to increase the capacity of cooling from the AC.

At least the sun and heat is not being wasted, the girl I have out at my brothers place is doing just peachy, she should be ready to be tucked under again tomorrow if all goes as planned. I did steal an idea from Major Pita for my 200 gallon pot. With this heat I really needed to address the issue of heating up the soil because of the color of my container, so while I could not find any Egyptian 5000 thread count linens to wrap her up with I was able to score some almost as impressive Goodwill specials.
DSC_093210.jpg
DSC_09317.jpg
DSC_093210.jpg
DSC_09344.jpg
DSC_09363.jpg
DSC_09379.jpg

I left out Sinead, she is still growing just fine but since she did go into flower and now is trying to jump back into veg her development is a bit funky. I have been checking daily to make sure she does not Hermi on me and decide to go Chris Jenner on me. or would be that the reverse of that... hard to keep up with the Cardashiains.

Anywho, If anyone has not heard, Heirlooms was in a bad accident and is recovering but could use your prayers or well wishes or what ever your beliefs find appropriate. He is a good guy and could use some support from our community.

I hope all is well with you, your loved ones and your gardens. Time to go grab a fruit popsicle and cool off some.
Peace :peacetwo::peace:

Nice scrog ang good timing too. Remember that Malawi can reach 12-13 feet in full season, and when she stretches she'll become a beast, so you're gonna have to keep her training. Let's hope you're gonna have enough space.
trust me I have my fingers crossed :love:

IMG_228723.jpg

How do you not get lost in there. That's a proper jungle :passitleft:

Oh I know my way around in there but my wife is missing, she went in two days ago and I have not seen her since.

So when I got home tonight the crazy cat lady across the street caught me and I could not shake her. I really just want to say, "Go away lady I think your weird but I just do not have the heart to do that, so by the time I finally got away from her and got inside it was already lights out for the day so I hurried up and added water and since I really wanted to take a look I took a quick picture so I could see whats going on.
IMG_234919.jpg

Yeah I had a feeling I was going to do this eventually, leaves are pretty yellow, I wonder if the 2500 PPM I started with this week was a tad bit to much... I am thinking so, dang it I knew I should have just dumped 1/2 the bucket and add more water... Oh well live and learn :Namaste:

IMG_235018.jpg

SOB it just keeps stretching, hopefully I can get home tomorrow before lights out so I can do some tucking I really have no more room to spread her out, I already have the plant like 3 inches from 2 fans. I try to rotate the plant every day because one side just gets wind burned something terrible. I really can not turn the fans down any either since I need to keep the air moving.

between the heat and work last week was a real bear, looks like this week is not going to be any different.

Always dilute, Don't be a brute! I just made that up... not sure if I'm proud of it or not. Hehe don't worry about it OG. Just remember less is more. It's always a longer road to flush then to take your time instead of rush! I'm just being silly now. Just reiterating your conclusion my mate :)

Always dilute, Don't be a brute! I just made that up... not sure if I'm proud of it or not. Hehe don't worry about it OG. Just remember less is more. It's always a longer road to flush then to take your time instead of rush! I'm just being silly now. Just reiterating your conclusion my mate :)
:rofl::rofl: when I read that it came out with an Aussie ascent, not that was silly. Its all good mate, I will throw another shrimp on the bar-bie for ya
:circle-of-love:

:woohoo: Streeeeeeeeeeeeeatch. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I am so gona slip Roscoe some cheese next time I see him.

Know your laughing because you have been there done that :high-five:

Dang boss caught me at the end of the day and wanted to talk work for tomorrow, dang his hide, he put me 15 minutes ate getting home but I did have just enough time to water the girls and the lights turned off just as I was about to pour the last gallon.

When is this going to end, my lord this girl stretches like nothing I could possibly imagine, still not one bud yet. I should have named this one Armstrong. Apparently I will be tucking more branches 1st chance I get, maybe tomorrow.
IMG_235621.jpg
IMG_235521.jpg
IMG_235419.jpg

Now this is more like it, buds galore and they are finally starting to fill in..... GO BABY GO!!!
IMG_235325.jpg
IMG_235220.jpg

Back
Top Bottom