A Paranormal Exploration of Purple Ghost Candy (OGpapa's Version)

I do like these biodegradable bags so far. I have not personally used cloth/fabric bags for seedlings I previously used Solo cups and I found that the root circling would slow my plants down in a sense. I think if you could find them it would work out great. There's a few growers who literally pop that seed into a 5 gal bags. I just see to much room for over water that way. I like the coco coin idea, Ive also seen a wool pellet block I think . I think those would be great options. Ive messed around with a few soil blocking ideas, nothing that I'm 100% on.

The biodegradable bags will be directly planted into 5 - 7 gal fabric pots.

I've got a dozen tomatoes re planted with and without bags to see if it slows root growth down. I will tug on them in a few days. See what gives easier.

So. My soil. Is the trash can of life.

It started out with good bag soil, happy frog. Like 2 1/2 years ago. Everybit of stem stalk and root has been chopped and ground back into the soil. I have added dried coffee grounds, egg shells, perlite, bio char, and a few other meaningless things.

If you want a good soil amendment @Bill284 just posted his the other day again.

That's what I will be doing in the future. His apple Betty was inspiring! Check it out!

You and your plants will do great! You got this!
Thanks for the thorough reply. I also am trying to use as little plastic as possible in my grows and I believe the transplant kind of sets the stage for the rest of the grow. I went out and bought some coco coins today and plan to try those directly into 5 gal cloth pots with soil next run.
I've accumulated a good stock of us3d soil over the last 2 summer outdoor grows. I really want to reuse it and it sounds like your technique is pretty in line with my thinking. I've been saving compost materials this winter. I'll have to get it fired up in the next couple of weeks for this summers plants.
I'll be watching for your report on the bio bags.

Thanks for the thorough reply. I also am trying to use as little plastic as possible in my grows and I believe the transplant kind of sets the stage for the rest of the grow. I went out and bought some coco coins today and plan to try those directly into 5 gal cloth pots with soil next run.
I've accumulated a good stock of us3d soil over the last 2 summer outdoor grows. I really want to reuse it and it sounds like your technique is pretty in line with my thinking. I've been saving compost materials this winter. I'll have to get it fired up in the next couple of weeks for this summers plants.
I'll be watching for your report on the bio bags.
Totally agree! I like the idea of coins! I will be watching! I am a believer in renewing, reusing, as much as possible in life. My soil has held up well with minimal, but it could be so much better. Over the next year, I hope to be fully transitioned into a more natural organic garden vs the others. Just to be more sustainable! I've seen amazing results!

But I have been swayed by the idea of rdwc. So I might run a trial, and see how it compares to the soil gardening I've done.

It wouldn't be the main garden, but I'm looking for ways to maximize yields and quality, with a smaller footprint.

Been busy! 😕 These ladies have found a new home in 2.5gal biodegradable bags, they have been fed at half nutrients. Within the next week I will bump to full dose nutrients. I was hoping they would all even out a bit, before I bumped the dosage. But if not, we will move forward anyways. Ain't No rest for the Wicked!

Strain: Purple Ghost Candy
Genetics: 60 Sativa 40 Indica

Stage: Veg
Measurement: above soil
Medium: Cannibalized soil
Pot Size: 2.5gal Biodegradable Bag

Space: 4x8 grow tent
Temperature:73
Humidity:50
VPD: .7 - 1.3

Light: @Mars Hydro Tsw 2000 x 2
Light Height: 24
Power Level:56%
DLI: 16-18 across canopy

Water: 20oz each

PH Water: 6.3

Feeding: 12.5ml p/gal

* Feed - Tps Ultra Veg - all in one
Recommended per manufacturer feed rate 25ml per gal

Pest: none
Deficiency: none
Toxicity: none

Let's get it going!

Been busy! 😕 These ladies have found a new home in 2.5gal biodegradable bags, they have been fed at half nutrients. Within the next week I will bump to full dose nutrients. I was hoping they would all even out a bit, before I bumped the dosage. But if not, we will move forward anyways. Ain't No rest for the Wicked!

Measurement: above soil

Space: 4x8 grow tent
Temperature:73
Humidity:50
VPD: .7 - 1.3

Light: @Mars Hydro Tsw 2000 x 2
Light Height: 24
Power Level:56%
DLI: 16-18 across canopy

PH Water: 6.3

Pest: none
Deficiency: none

Let's get it going!

beautiful

Alrighty! Update time!

Cold weather will not let go!

Lots of things moving around!

As I was in the tent today taking pictures I noticed some leaf damage on pgc#1, hopefully it's something I did on accident. I haven't seen any other damage on other plants. But either way OG on the lookout!

@Mars Hydro tsw 2000s had intermittent driver failures, I was able to swap driver around and find 1 set to function. But not worth my time, and insufficient to cover the space in the Herb Grotto. So everyone welcome @VIVOSUN VSF6450. The perfect fit in this 4x8.

Nutrients- As I been blowing thru liquid nutrients, with the size and demand of the OG garden. I have decided to return to a more fulfilling schedule of nutrients. I liked the idea of an all in one. But you could seriously see deficiencies pop up as the demand soars for the minimal all in one blend. So while it was easier, my plants were never fully satisfied. So when the goods arrive this week I will update the plan.

Measurement: coming soon

Space: 4x8 grow tent - Herb Grotto
Temperature: 74.6f
Humidity: 67%
VPD: .9-1.0 kPa

Light: @VIVOSUN VSF6450
Light Height: 46 inches
Power Level:90%
DLI: 23-30 across canopy

Water: 24oz each

PH Water: 6.4

Pest: keeping eyes open, for a leaf chewer!

Deficiency: cal/mag

Let's get it going!

Ghost 👻 are getting THICK. They are now on full dosage of nutrients. The last bit of the ultra all in one.

Measurement: coming soon

Space: 4x8 grow tent - Herb Grotto
Temperature: 79f
Humidity: 69%
VPD: 1.01kPa

Light: @VIVOSUN VSF6450
Light Height: 46 inches
Power Level:90%
DLI: 23-30 across canopy

PH Water: 6.4

Feeding: 25ml p/gal

Pest: keeping eyes open, for a leaf chewer!

Deficiency: slight cal/mag

Let's get it going!

Back
Top Bottom