Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

I said earlier I was doing Acapulco Gold for my next run but I was wrong... I'm doing Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) from Herbies. I'm getting my tent sent up now and should be putting seeds in pucks this weekend :) :yummy:

I'm enjoying watching all the Sativa grows and cant wait to join!

In my opinion CO2 dangers are overblown.

My knowledge base is having worked at a CO2 company many moons ago before the military. Company was a branch of Air Liquide a French company. We had refrigerated liquid CO2 and dry ice machines. I got to handle a bit of dry ice.
Unless you are in a really sealed up place, with lots of CO2, and stay in there for a fairly long time, you will be fine.
That being said, I don't know about putting it in the bedroom. You might have dreams of baked bread. The bucket does put out a baked goods smell. If you smell it with your nose close, you get the beer smell.

I distill my CO2 buckets after they quit bubbling and add it to a couple of white oak barrels. The bucket contains: water, caramelized barley, rough ground yellow corn, cane sugar, and regular bakers yeast. In my grow area they almost always bubble CO2 for at least a week.
Yeah that’s a perfect recipe for moonshine, that’s too cool. What proof are you getting from distillation with it? CL🍀

I said earlier I was doing Acapulco Gold for my next run but I was wrong... I'm doing Colombian Gold (World of Seeds) from Herbies. I'm getting my tent sent up now and should be putting seeds in pucks this weekend :) :yummy:

I’m in for the show, as a matter of fact after seeing what you did with your Auto’s I’d like to see how they compare. Btw I have some Panama XBangi ordered for my next grow with the Colombian Gold.CL🍀

In my opinion CO2 dangers are overblown.

My knowledge base is having worked at a CO2 company many moons ago before the military. Company was a branch of Air Liquide a French company. We had refrigerated liquid CO2 and dry ice machines. I got to handle a bit of dry ice.
Unless you are in a really sealed up place, with lots of CO2, and stay in there for a fairly long time, you will be fine.
That being said, I don't know about putting it in the bedroom. You might have dreams of baked bread. The bucket does put out a baked goods smell. If you smell it with your nose close, you get the beer smell.

I distill my CO2 buckets after they quit bubbling and add it to a couple of white oak barrels. The bucket contains: water, caramelized barley, rough ground yellow corn, cane sugar, and regular bakers yeast. In my grow area they almost always bubble CO2 for at least a week.
Hey bro I’m curious as to what light schedule you’re running. CL🍀

Hey bro I’m curious as to what light schedule you’re running. CL🍀
Sorry Captin, I need to keep track of my own journals better. :rolleyes:

I am running 16 on and 8 off in veg.

When I go to flower, I will start 12/12 and move to 11/13 then maybe even a little more darkness at the very end.

I am just as excited to see this one. :cheesygrinsmiley: The one on ACE said it might go 120 days in flower, don't know about this one. I would still grow it as one of my 2nd grows of the season since I wouldn't have anything following it in the tray and could just let it take it's time finishing. It would probably be a strain that we would have to flip real fast growing in hydro.

I’m in for the show, as a matter of fact after seeing what you did with your Auto’s I’d like to see how they compare. Btw I have some Panama XBangi ordered for my next grow with the Colombian Gold.CL🍀
Are these Panama Bangi Haze? I've got some of those seeds too. I was gonna run them before I decided to go with Panama last year :bong:

Acapulco Gold
Day 25 veg.

Everything is running 4.0
PH is holding in range without adjustment.
Lights unchanged at 30" above pvc tray cover. 325w/600w measures 35k lux at tray cover.

The first one touched the scrog screen yesterday. They are all a perfect green at the moment. I have a hard time capturing what my eyes see with the camera.

I'm a little anxious about the approaching wind storm. Indoor hydro doesn't work too well without power. :oops:
AG Day 25 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 25 veg.

AG Day 25 veg (4).JPG

AG Day 25 veg (2).JPG

I am just as excited to see this one. :cheesygrinsmiley: The one on ACE said it might go 120 days in flower, don't know about this one. I would still grow it as one of my 2nd grows of the season since I wouldn't have anything following it in the tray and could just let it take it's time finishing. It would probably be a strain that we would have to flip real fast growing in hydro.
I have so much weed right now, plus the auto tent. Just like when I was brewing beer, I enjoy the process so much that the product piles up until I end up giving it away. A nice 120 day flower is perfect right now.

As for this wind storm, the other upgrade I made recently was a 50a generator plug for my 12k gennie. If the power goes out my garden will be back up in 10 minutes ;)

I am considering buying a generator. I'd like to get one to run the house. Do you just look at the past power bills for usage to figure out how big to get. I was told by a family member to expect to pay $10K for one but that was before covid.

I hear you about too much weed.
I consume a lot.
I make rosin with a lot of it and smoke a lot of that too.
I make bubble hash and smoke that.
I make tincture and occasionally take it. ( made the last batches w/decarbed rosin pucks) turned out well.
And I give lots away.
Life's pretty good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The generator came in handy yesterday, we lost power for a couple of hours and it kept us (and the plants) comfortable.

Acapulco Gold
Day 27 veg.

Everything running normally.

Reservoir was changed yesterday and loaded with GH three part liquid nutes as recommended for 17 gallons in Early Growth. Cal-mag+ was also added.
It was PHed to 5.5-6.0 and a little more PH down was added this morning as the PH had risen to about 6.5 overnight.

The plan is to add nutrients in three increments to reach Late Growth nutrient concentrations by the next reservoir change. It will equal 50%, 75%, and 100% load with each addition. I'm going to go 2 weeks on the reservoir if no problems arise. I usually change the res. every week.

I'm not running CO2 yet, but will start soon.

AG Day 27 veg (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 27 veg.

AG Day 27 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 27 veg. Two are now above the screen.

AG Day 27 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 27 veg.

They're growing quickly now and look very healthy. Wider leaves than I would expect. Do you plan on topping or just using the screen to LST?

They are growing faster now. Gives some credence to those that don't take a lot of leaves off. More little photosynthesis engines, faster growth.
On the other hand, you gotta get the light to them.
I am finding that just bending them over and tying them down gets enough dominant shoots going vertical that topping for more growth is not necessary. I plan on pruning for light at my discretion. As we've discussed before, having plenty of bud is not our problem, so I'm not going for max harvest.

They are growing faster now. Gives some credence to those that don't take a lot of leaves off. More little photosynthesis engines, faster growth.
For me it's roots in water. Once the roots get established in the water, I raise the VPD from .8-1 to 1.1-1.2 and they take off.
On the other hand, you gotta get the light to them.
I am finding that just bending them over and tying them down gets enough dominant shoots going vertical that topping for more growth is not necessary. I plan on pruning for light at my discretion.
For me, topping causes the lower branches to grow out horizontally and seems easier to spread out in the net. Of course, I've never tried not topping so what do I know. Perhaps I'll try both ways on my next scrog.
As we've discussed before, having plenty of bud is not our problem, so I'm not going for max harvest.
:green_heart:

I'm with you on the roots. I just don't bother with them other than keeping them from blocking my water pump hose and overflow fitting. I seem to always have an abundance of roots and the plants seem healthy. They get intertwined in the tray but it doesn't seem to matter. After harvest, I can remove the net pots and have the tray ready to go for the next grow in 20 minutes, so it's not as much of a pain as some might think. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom