Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

Acapulco Gold
Day 29 veg.

Morning check, everything running normally.

I dropped the AC setting a couple of degrees to compensate for the increased heat forecast for today. The AC is in vent mode so it's bringing in fresh air. I will put the ACs in re-circulate mode when I start running the CO2 buckets.

PH is staying in desired range.

First of three nutrient increases yesterday. I will be adding Micro and Bloom in three equal amounts between now and the next reservoir change to go from Early Growth to Late Growth. The Grow nutes are already there.

All three plants are now above the 1st screen.

AG Day 29 veg (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 29 veg.

AG Day 29 veg (3).JPG

AG Day 29 veg (2).JPG

AG Day 29 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 31 veg.

Everything running normally.

Added the 2nd of 3 nute bumps to bring the nutrient load up to the recommended amounts by GH for 18gal. in Late Growth

Started tying them down to the screen yesterday and the first branch I touched, I broke. The main stem of the biggest one on the right. Lost two nodes. This morning, the growth of the shoots just below the break had already grown enough to be tied down. I don't think the plant will notice.
I don't make any effort to top anymore to increase branching. Just my tying them down, I get enough new dominant branching to suffice. My screen usually ends up thicker than optimum anyway, in my opinion.

AG Day 31 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold Day 31 veg.

AG Day 31 veg (6).JPG

AG Day 31 veg (5).JPG

AG Day 31 veg (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold Day 31 veg. Without flash.

AG Day 31 veg (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold Day 31 veg. With flash.

Acapulco Gold
Day 33 veg.

Grow room running normally. PH stable.

Light height and power levels unchanged but I added an hour to it's "ON" schedule. Was running 16/8 now running 17/7. I changed the Fuel D.OG too so I could use the same AC and they would match.
I did this because I do believe the Acapulco Gold has gone into flower against my wishes. :(

I normally run 16/8 schedule and haven't had a problem before.
The seed pack clearly states. Feminized/photo period. I don't believe Barney's Farm even sells AG Autos.
So either the plants didn't like my light schedule or someone put the wrong seeds in my seed pack.
These were the only seeds out, when they were planted, and I opened the sealed foil part myself.

I am going to continue to run them and continue to tie them down until they get too sticky.
If adding the hour of light causes them to revert back then, the light schedule was probably the problem.
No matter what, they will go to a 12/12 when the Fuel D.OG plants are flipped to flower.

AG Day 33 veg (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 33 veg.

AG Day 33 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 33 veg. No flash

AG Day 33 veg (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 33 veg. with flash

AG Day 33 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 33 veg. Close up of suspected flowering top.

Acapulco Gold
Day 35 veg.

Everything running normally during morning check.
Reservoir will be changed very soon. Running Late Growth nutrient amounts for 17 gallons.

The plants are still growing and being tied to the screen. I will continue to do so until they become to sticky to handle.

They are drinking more and there is a pronounced cannabis odor during the morning check, the smell seems to dissipate by afternoon check.

AG Day 35 veg (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 35 veg.

AG Day 35 veg (4).JPG

AG Day 35 veg (3).JPG

AG Day 35 veg (1).JPG

Res running to overflow (1).JPG

Picture of reservoir with water pump running sending water to the tray by the small clear hose in the back. The water level in the tray is at maximum and the excess is draining back into the reservoir by the large hose. When the pump shuts off by timmer, the water in the tray will drain back down into the reservoir by the small hose. For those that might not know how a Flood and Drain Hydro system works.

Acapulco Gold
Day 37 veg.

Reservoir change three yesterday.
Added GH three part liquid nutes at recommended amounts for 17 gallons in Late Growth.
Added Cal-Mag+ and PHed to 5.5-6.0. Added small amount this A.M. I typically have to add small amounts of PH down during each check for a day or two after a reservoir change. I usually have to the same thing in flower but have to add PH up.

Lights are unchanged at 30" from pvc tray cover at 325w/600w. I will raise the light to 30" above the 1st screen after flipping the light schedule and start bumping up the power level.

I am still tying branches down and will continue to do so until I'm satisfied with the screen coverage or if the Fuel D.OG in the other room gets ready 1st. The Fuel D.OG is supposed to be a tall plant so it will be flipped before the screen is as full.

AG Day 37 veg (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 37 veg.

AG Day 37 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 37 veg. No flash

AG Day 37 veg (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 37 veg. With flash

AG Day 37 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 38 veg.

Everything running normally. Plants are drinking even more as evidenced by the reservoir level when I top up daily.
PH is holding in range with slight additions of PH down.

I am still tying branches down, trying to fill as much of the screen as possible before they join together in the middle. Then it will be time to flip.

AG Day 38 veg (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 38 veg.

AG Day 38 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 38 veg.

Acapulco Gold
Day 39 veg.

Everything running normally during morning check.

Changes made:
AC in Acapulco Gold room was turned off and exhaust fan was set to only come on during emergency heat situation, using Inkbird controller. Temperature on the Acapulco Gold side will increase slightly above Fuel D.OG side as it's AC is now running.

1st CO2 bucket introduced. Mount on 2nd screen frame is temporary, as I will wait until I'm finished tucking and tying branches before installing 2nd screen. CO2 bubbler will be installed in the front center of 2nd screen.

DSCN3387 (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 39 veg. 1st CO2 bucket on metal planter hook mounted to wall. Clear hose running from top of bucket to CO2 bubbler temporarily mounted to right front of 2nd screen frame.

DSCN3388 (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 39 veg. 1st CO2 bucket on metal planter hook mounted to wall. Clear hose running from top of bucket to CO2 bubbler temporarily mounted to right front of 2nd screen frame.

Acapulco Gold
Day 40 veg.

CO2 bucket bubbling strongly
Fans running above and in front.
The de-humidifier is running on auto and not running very much as the ambient humidity is mostly perfect. The plants are big enough now that they are adding significantly to the room humidity.

Still tying down limbs

AG Day 40 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 40 veg.

AG Day 40 veg (1).JPG

AG Day 40 veg (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 41 of veg.

CO2 bubbling away.

Raised light to 25" above the 1st screen and bumped the power level to 350w/600w. No measurement was taken as my meter was not available.

Plants are growing nicely and will be ready to flip soon. The growing environment in the room has been very stable. The de-humidifier barely runs as evidenced by little water to dump, during checks.

AG Day 41 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 41 veg.

AG Day 41 veg (3).JPG

AG Day 41 veg (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 37 veg.

Reservoir change three yesterday.
Added GH three part liquid nutes at recommended amounts for 17 gallons in Late Growth.
Added Cal-Mag+ and PHed to 5.5-6.0. Added small amount this A.M. I typically have to add small amounts of PH down during each check for a day or two after a reservoir change. I usually have to the same thing in flower but have to add PH up.

Lights are unchanged at 30" from pvc tray cover at 325w/600w. I will raise the light to 30" above the 1st screen after flipping the light schedule and start bumping up the power level.

I am still tying branches down and will continue to do so until I'm satisfied with the screen coverage or if the Fuel D.OG in the other room gets ready 1st. The Fuel D.OG is supposed to be a tall plant so it will be flipped before the screen is as full.

AG Day 37 veg (4).JPG

AG Day 37 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 37 veg. No flash

AG Day 37 veg (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 37 veg. With flash

AG Day 37 veg (1).JPG

I’m just wondering why you’re still not running full power on your light.I’ve been running mine @ 100% for several weeks with no problems. Btw your girls are looking 👀 great.👍CL🍀

I am mixed about whether they need all of it or not. When the light was new, I took a wattmeter and went to work labeling my dimmer for the actual watts being pulled from the wall, and marked the positions on the chassis/heat sink, 2 for 200w, 3 for 300w and so on. The light actually pulls about 620w at max.
Then I took my LUX meter and measured the light output at a measured distance from my Flood and Drain pvc top cover.
I found that there was little LUX increase from 450w to 620w. I decided to use 450w as my max as I was getting the most efficient light output up to 450w. I did however not stick to this and I went above my 450w limit last year. I will try and stick to it this time and see what happens.
I also experienced foxtailing last year as I was nearing harvest on several of the grows. Google says the main cause is too much light, so I will also back off/turn down the light power even more the last couple of weeks of flower. I tried that with the Panama and didn't have the foxtailing but one trial doesn't prove anything.

I am mixed about whether they need all of it or not. When the light was new, I took a wattmeter and went to work labeling my dimmer for the actual watts being pulled from the wall, and marked the positions on the chassis/heat sink, 2 for 200w, 3 for 300w and so on. The light actually pulls about 620w at max.
Then I took my LUX meter and measured the light output at a measured distance from my Flood and Drain pvc top cover.
I found that there was little LUX increase from 450w to 620w. I decided to use 450w as my max as I was getting the most efficient light output up to 450w. I did however not stick to this and I went above my 450w limit last year. I will try and stick to it this time and see what happens.
I also experienced foxtailing last year as I was nearing harvest on several of the grows. Google says the main cause is too much light, so I will also back off/turn down the light power even more the last couple of weeks of flower. I tried that with the Panama and didn't have the foxtailing but one trial doesn't prove anything.
I thought I read somewhere that these Sativas do well indoors but needed at least 600W light intensity. I’m not sure if that was what Ace recommended or where I read it. My memory isn’t great sometimes. Smh CL🍀

I thought I read somewhere that these Sativas do well indoors but needed at least 600W light intensity. I’m not sure if that was what Ace recommended or where I read it. My memory isn’t great sometimes. Smh CL🍀
Your right about the write up. Many of the ACE write ups mention that " they can be grown indoors if you have enough light available". I don't recall ever reading a stated watts amount necessary. I would guess that they are referring to low powered lights and a tall indoor grow. I did crank the power up on the Panama but turned it down during the last few weeks of flower. I will try and remember to take my LUX meter and post the measured values at the canopy.

I might be mixing things up, but I think I read something like that too. I can't remember where.
I thought it specifically said 600w HPS though.

I might be mixing things up, but I think I read something like that too. I can't remember where.
I thought it specifically said 600w HPS though.
My mistake, it says on @Herbies Seeds Ace growing tips minimum 600W Hid - 240W High efficiency Led. CL🍀

I'm sure more light equals bigger plants. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I am figuring out and trying my darndest to change my mindset about growing cannabis.
I tend to get stuck on biggest and mostest instead of bestest, not that they're mutually exclusive.
If last year is any indication, four finished to harvest grows, will give me way more than I need for the year and I usually wake an bake with my coffee:nomo: and hit the rosin last thing before going to bed,:bong: not to mention all the visits to the smoking area on the screened in porch throughout the day.:rolleyes:

I'm sure more light equals bigger plants. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I am figuring out and trying my darndest to change my mindset about growing cannabis.
I tend to get stuck on biggest and mostest instead of bestest, not that they're mutually exclusive.
If last year is any indication, four finished to harvest grows, will give me way more than I need for the year and I usually wake an bake with my coffee:nomo: and hit the rosin last thing before going to bed,:bong: not to mention all the visits to the smoking area on the screened in porch throughout the day.:rolleyes:
Great minds think alike, I wake n bake with my Coffee everyday and I always use my @420 Magazine Coffee mug. lol CL🍀

Acapulco Gold
Day 42 veg.

As mentioned yesterday, light was raised and I didn't measure output at the canopy. So I remeasured today and light is 24" /61cm above the 1st screen. Measured value at the canopy is 42k LUX.

Plants are drinking alot and PH is staying stable.

CO2 still bubbling away.

De-humidifier barely running.

I may do a little more tying down to the screen but I'm mostly going to let them grow a little more before flipping.

AG Day 42 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 42 veg.

AG Day 42 veg (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 42 veg. Without flash.

AG Day 42 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 42 veg. With flash.

AG Day 42 veg (2).JPG

I cleaned up most of the leaves underneath that were in the shade after this picture.

Acapulco Gold
Day 42 veg.

As mentioned yesterday, light was raised and I didn't measure output at the canopy. So I remeasured today and light is 24" /61cm above the 1st screen. Measured value at the canopy is 42k LUX.

Plants are drinking alot and PH is staying stable.

CO2 still bubbling away.

De-humidifier barely running.

I may do a little more tying down to the screen but I'm mostly going to let them grow a little more before flipping.

AG Day 42 veg (1).JPG

AG Day 42 veg (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 42 veg. Without flash.

AG Day 42 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 42 veg. With flash.

AG Day 42 veg (2).JPG

I cleaned up most of the leaves underneath that were in the shade after this picture.
Beautiful. :bravo:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom