Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

Acapulco Gold
Day 9 since flip.

Everything running normally.

The plants are drinking heavily and the de-humidifier is running more.

The CO2 bucket is still bubbling enough to go another day. On day eight today.

Plants look healthy, no issues at present.

AG Day 9 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 9 flower

AG Day 9 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 9 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 9 flower. No flash.

AG Day 9 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 9 flower. With flash.

AG Day 9 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 10 since flip.

The grow room is running normally.

The room is being cooled by the AC in the Fuel D.OG room as both are on the same light schedule.

The plants are drinking and stretching heavily. The de-humidifier is being emptied during each bi-daily check and has been about 1/2 full. So, it's filling up every day.

The C02 bucket is still slowly bubbling. Tomorrow is day 10 for the bucket.

Several shoots are through the 2nd screen, all from the plant on the right.

AG Day 10 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 10 flower.

AG Day 10 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 10 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 11 since flip.

Everything running normally in the grow area.

Fresh CO2 bucket.

I am still manipulating the shoots through the 2nd screen. As long as they are stretching, I can fill in the back more and nodes below the top cola will get enough light to create a new vertical shoot (bud).

The light has been raised to 25" above the 2nd screen and the power level has been raised to 425w/600w. Measured value is 42k lux at the 2nd screen.

AG Day 11 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 11 flower.

AG Day 11 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 11 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 12 since flip.

Everything running 4.0 in the room.

CO2 bucket bubbling away.

The plants are drinking and stretching heavily. I am still able to move the top shoots around for projected best light coverage.
Reservoir change today. Added recommended amounts of GH three part liquid nutes for 17 gallons in Transition. PHed to 5.5-6.0. Added 60ml Cal-mag+.

Pistils are becoming more pronounced.

AG Day 12 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 12 flower.

AG Day 12 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 12 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 12 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 13 since flip.

The plants are drinking heavily and still stretching. I top up the reservoir every afternoon with 8+ tap water and usually add 5ml of PH down to 17 gallons to get it back into range. The PH is usually perfect the next morning.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling away.

I'm still moving the stalks around to get best light coverage.

AG Day 13 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 13 flower.

AG Day 13 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 13 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 13 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 13 since flip.

The plants are drinking heavily and still stretching. I top up the reservoir every afternoon with 8+ tap water and usually add 5ml of PH down to 17 gallons to get it back into range. The PH is usually perfect the next morning.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling away.

I'm still moving the stalks around to get best light coverage.

AG Day 13 Flower (1).JPG

AG Day 13 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 13 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 13 Flower (2).JPG

Looking 👀 awesome bro 🤩 and I’m all in for long haul. What’s the seed co. say the flowering time is? CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone::bravo::adore:

Looking 👀 awesome bro 🤩 and I’m all in for long haul. What’s the seed co. say the flowering time is? CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone::bravo::adore:
Glad to have you following. We will probably grow the same strains over time and get to see what they do.

Barney's Farm says, "60-70 days" . So, if they're right. then 76 days at the outset. It was about 6 days before I started seeing signs of budding.
I never know if they mean days from flip or days since showing signs of bud development. :hmmmm: :bong:

Glad to have you following. We will probably grow the same strains over time and get to see what they do.

Barney's Farm says, "60-70 days" . So, if they're right. then 76 days at the outset. It was about 6 days before I started seeing signs of budding.
I never know if they mean days from flip or days since showing signs of bud development. :hmmmm::bong:
Yeah my next grow will probably be Kwazulu, Colombian Gold and Congolese. CL🍀

Yeah my next grow will probably be Kwazulu, Colombian Gold and Congolese. CL🍀
I just looked up the Kwazulu and Congolese. I have already studied the Colombian Gold. All three look great. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Acapulco Gold
Day 14 since flip.

Everything running normally in the grow area.

The plants are drinking heavily. The PH is staying within desired range of 5.5-6.0. My guess is it's dropping and the high PH tap water used to top up the reservoir each afternoon is helping to keep it in balance. I do believe the PH up will be necessary soon.

The light was verified at 25inches/63.5cm above the 2nd screen. The power level was increased to 450w/600w. Measured at the center of the 2nd screen equaled 45K LUX.

I've done some trimming on the lower part of the plants. These parts were no longer getting light. It seems there will always be more to trim, as I always see another bit that needs to go.

CO2 bucket is bubbling away.

AG Day 14 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 14 flower.

AG Day 14 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 14 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 14 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 14 Flower (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 15 since flip.

The plants are drinking heavily and some moving around of shoots is still going on at the 2nd screen but it's slowing.

The CO2 bucket is still bubbling away.

Still looking healthy.

AG Day 15 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold. Day 15 flower.

AG Day 15 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 15 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 15 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 15 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 15 since flip.

The plants are drinking heavily and some moving around of shoots is still going on at the 2nd screen but it's slowing.

Still looking healthy.

AG Day 15 Flower (1).JPG

AG Day 15 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 15 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 15 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 15 Flower (2).JPG

I was just wondering what they smell like when flowering? Really doing a great job with them btw.👍🏆 CL🍀

I was just wondering what they smell like when flowering? Really doing a great job with them btw.👍🏆 CL🍀
Thanks Capn, I can't say I'm getting much smell yet. The Fuel D.OG growing not far away is winning the stink battle at the moment. :bong: I'll be sure and mention smells when they become apparent to me.:cheesygrinsmiley: I'm not always the best at figuring out what I'm smelling. :hmmmm:

Love the Acapulco gold; frost time I smoked it was in Barcelona. Such a nice smoke.

You grow tent is spotless, awesome job.
I can't say that I've ever had it. There were a few times in the 70s when good Mexican weed showed up.

Several here have grown the Barney's Farm feminized photoperiod seeds with good results. I'm just hoping to do as well. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Acapulco Gold
Day 16 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

The plants are drinking heavily and I'm still able to move branches around but they are getting a little stickier. It's a good thing the 2nd screen is pretty well covered with future buds.

No changes have been made to the light, AC, or de-humidiifier.

They are looking good today.

AG Day 16 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 16 flower.

AG Day 16 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 16 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 16 Flower (2).JPG

I am considering buying a generator. I'd like to get one to run the house. Do you just look at the past power bills for usage to figure out how big to get. I was told by a family member to expect to pay $10K for one but that was before covid.
I bought a Generac 16 Kw years ago ,thinking the Gen. Cost bout 6/7 grand and the instal was bout 3 grand. One of the best moves I ever made. We lived in a rural area with frequent outages. Week long outages although not numerous 1or 2 times a year, 8/ 16 hour outages common. Power goes off the Gen comes on automatically in seconds. Good on fuel also, they are awesome machines. Would highly recommend one. Happy growing.
:passitleft:

I bought a Generac 16 Kw years ago ,thinking the Gen. Cost bout 6/7 grand and the instal was bout 3 grand. One of the best moves I ever made. We lived in a rural area with frequent outages. Week long outages although not numerous 1or 2 times a year, 8/ 16 hour outages common. Power goes off the Gen comes on automatically in seconds. Good on fuel also, they are awesome machines. Would highly recommend one. Happy growing.
Do you just have it in auto mode and really don't do anything upkeep wise or is there user maintenance? I wouldn't want to have pay someone to service it and would like to do it myself.
I already have a 120 gallon propane tank. About how long would it run on a tank that size?

@gwhunran yes, automatic. When power goes out the generator automatically powers on, when power is restored generator auto shuts off. I performed maintenance myself, real easy. I have sold the property since and not sure if I had a 120 or 240 tank. We lost power fer 7 days on many occasions never, did we run out of fuel. Honestly I was never concerned bout running out of fuel prior to power being restored. Thinking when you research that info will be readily available regarding fuel consumption. Happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom