Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

Acapulco Gold
Day 43 veg.

Everything running normally.
Still tying branches on the outer perimeter of the plants but inners are on their way up. I'll be flipping real soon.

CO2 still bubbling away.

AG Day 43 veg (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 43 veg.

AG Day 43 veg (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 43 veg.

AG Day 43 veg (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 43 veg. Most of undergrowth cut away yesterday and today. Still a little left.

Acapulco Gold
Day 0 since flip.

I decided both rooms are ready so the lights were flipped to 12/12. I will probably decrease the light by another hour before harvest.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling a little slower. I will probably make two buckets when I finish this one and have one in each room.

The plants are drinking hard and the de-humidifier had a little more water to empty out of the tank this afternoon. I think this "keeping them in the zone" RH wise will pay dividends later.

AG Day 0 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 0 Flower

AG Day 0 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 0 Flower. No flash.

AG Day 0 Flower (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 0 Flower. With flash.

AG Day 0 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 0 Flower. 1st long night. 12/12

Acapulco Gold
Day One since flip. One long night down.

Everything running normally but changes were made today.

Installed 2nd screen 12"/30.5cm above the 1st screen. Not as high as the 2nd screen in the Fuel D.OG room.

A CO2 bucket was added today, so now two buckets are running in a space with two grow. Fans above and in front of the grow should keep the CO2 circulating around the space.

The grow is due for a reservoir change tomorrow. I haven't made up my mind yet whether to run another Late Growth or run a Transition reservoir. They have only had one long night.

They are drinking heavily as evidenced by the reservoir level at water top up in the afternoon.

AG Day 1 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day one of Flower after 1st long night.

AG Day 1 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day one of Flower after 1st long night. No flash.

AG Day 1 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 1 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 2 since flip.

Everything running normally.

Reservoir change today. #4. Decided to stick with GH recommendation for 3 part liquid nutes for 17gal in Early Growth. I would have used the recommendation for plants in Transition, if they were showing signs of budding.
Added 60ml Cal-Mag+ and PHed to 5.5-6.0. During afternoon check a small amount of PH down was added to keep the reservoir in the desired PH range.

CO2 bubbling away.

The plants look healthy. Let's see what they will do. Will they stretch enough to hit my screen and go beyond?

AG Day 2 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 2 flower.

AG Day 2 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 2 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 3 since flip.

Morning check, everything running 4.0.

The light was raised to 30" above the first screen and the power level was raised to 400w/600w

PH in range with no adjustment.

Plants still looking healthy and growing nicely.

AG Day 3 Flower.JPG

Acapulco Gold Day 3 Flower.

AG side CO2 bucket.JPG

Acapulco Gold Day 3 Flower. Note high mounted fan It doesn't make it onto many pictures.

De-humidifier.JPG

Shared 300w de-humidifier. Important part of successful flowering.

Nutrient Rack.JPG

Nutrient and measurement container rack. Makes life easier.

Acapulco Gold
Day 4 since flip.

Every thing is running normally in the grow room.

The temperature is staying warm on cold nights, due to insulation, the de-humidifier, and two 17 gallon reservoirs retaining heat from the day.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling away.

The plants are starting their stretch. It's still to early to say more.

I remembered to bring the light meter this morning. LIght at 30inches/76cm above the first screen. Power level is 400w/600w. Measured at canopy equals 41k LUX.

AG Day 4 Flower (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 4 flower.

AG Day 4 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 4 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day five since flip.

Everything running normally during morning check.
PH holding steady.
CO2 bubbling away.

The tallest shoot is now 3 inches/7.6cm from the 2nd screen.

The plant on the right is bigger than the others so it's no surprise it's approaching the screen first. If the grow continues to be this healthy, there will be no problem filling the available cubic area with Acapulco Gold. :cheesygrinsmiley:

AG Day 5 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 5 flower.

AG Day 5 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 5 flower.

Acapulco Gold
Day 6 since flip.

Everything running normally during daily checks.

The plants are drinking heavily.

The CO2 is still bubbling. Maybe a little slower.

They are showing pistils. More on day six than the Fuel D.OG.

AG Day 6 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold. Day 6 flower.

AG Day 6 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 6 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 6 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 6 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold. Day 6 flower. I guess the focus wasn't good enough to pick up the pistil pairs. :rolleyes: My eye could.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Acapulco Gold
Day 6 since flip.

Everything running normally during daily checks.

The plants are drinking heavily.

The CO2 is still bubbling. Maybe a little slower.

They are showing pistils. More on day six than the Fuel D.OG.

AG Day 6 Flower (1).JPG

AG Day 6 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 6 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 6 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 6 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold. Day 6 flower. I guess the focus wasn't good enough to pick up the pistil pairs. :rolleyes: My eye could.:cheesygrinsmiley:
You’re really making it look ez bro, great job 👏. How much of a stretch do you think you’re gonna have? CL🍀 :thumb:

You’re really making it look ez bro, great job 👏. How much of a stretch do you think you’re gonna have? CL🍀 :thumb:
Thank you Captain. Just giving you a hint of anticipation for your Panama. I have been smoking one Panama cigarette sized joint all day, and I swear it's getting better. 5 months since harvest.

I never could get a great idea of stretch from reading official information. I looked at some journals on here and saw some fairly large indoor plants.
So, I figure they should pass the 2nd screen which is 12"/30.5cm above the 1st screen. At least I hope so. They are stretching now for sure.
I should get an accurate measurement though because they were within a couple of inches of the 1st screen when they were flipped. Having that flat canopy to start instead of the Christmas tree shape makes it easier to measure. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Captain. Just giving you a hint of anticipation for your Panama. I have been smoking one Panama cigarette sized joint all day, and I swear it's getting better. 5 months since harvest.

I never could get a great idea of stretch from reading official information. I looked at some journals on here and saw some fairly large indoor plants.
So, I figure they should pass the 2nd screen which is 12"/30.5cm above the 1st screen. At least I hope so. They are stretching now for sure.
I should get an accurate measurement though because they will within a couple of inches of the 1st screen when they were flipped. Having that flat lcanopy to start instead of the Christmas tree shape makes it easy to measure. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I was hoping that the Panama was at least as good as the stuff I remember. But from the sounds of your description it seems it’s better.CL🍀

I was hoping that the Panama was at least as good as the stuff I remember. But from the sounds of your description it seems it’s better.CL🍀
It probably is better, but the really good weed from that time affected me more than the stronger stuff does now as an old man. :rolleyes:

Acapulco Gold
Day 7 since flip.

Everything running normally inside the grow area. A water supply line external to the grow must be repaired. It still supplies the needed water but it's leaking the whole time from a connection upstream. I can fix it. Just have to go get the parts.

The plants are drinking heavy. A little PH down is usually added each day.

The CO2 bucket is still bubbling, tomorrow will be 7 days on the bucket.

Stretching is well underway.

AG Day 7 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 7 flower.

AG Day 7 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 7 flower. No flash.

AG Day 7 Flower (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 7 flower. With flash.

AG Day 7 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 7 flower. Plant on the right almost touching the 2nd screen.

Acapulco Gold
Day 7 since flip.

Everything running normally inside the grow area. A water supply line external to the grow must be repaired. It still supplies the needed water but it's leaking the whole time from a connection upstream. I can fix it. Just have to go get the parts.

The plants are drinking heavy. A little PH down is usually added each day.

The CO2 bucket is still bubbling, tomorrow will be 7 days on the bucket.

Stretching is well underway.

AG Day 7 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 7 flower.

AG Day 7 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 7 flower. No flash.

AG Day 7 Flower (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 7 flower. With flash.

AG Day 7 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 7 flower. Plant on the right almost touching the 2nd screen.
Are you noticing any change in growth rate with the CO2? Your really making your grow look 👀 ez, great job bro 👏 CL🍀

Thanks Captain. I can't say that the CO2 made the growth rate greater. I used the buckets on several grows and the plants always ended up growing great with lots of trichs. If I ran two grows and used CO2 in one and not the other, I might see some differences, but I want four different strains each grow season. I really enjoy variety. If I ran the test, I would miss out on one out of four strains and only have three strains. If marijuana all grew the same, I would plant many varieties in the same tray. But I've done it and wasn't happy with the results. Some finish sooner and some grows so much more than the other strain and takes over. Heck, even with different phenos of the same stain they don't all grow the same but fortunately pretty much finish at the same time.

Thanks Captain. I can't say that the CO2 made the growth rate greater. I used the buckets on several grows and the plants always ended up growing great with lots of trichs. If I ran two grows and used CO2 in one and not the other, I might see some differences, but I want four different strains each grow season. I really enjoy variety. If I ran the test, I would miss out on one out of four strains and only have three strains. If marijuana all grew the same, I would plant many varieties in the same tray. But I've done it and wasn't happy with the results. Some finish sooner and some grows so much more than the other strain and takes over. Heck, even with different phenos of the same stain they don't all grow the same but fortunately pretty much finish at the same time.
You know that saying about variety being the spice of life? I totally agree with it and that’s why I’m growing 4 different strains too. I’m really looking 👀 forward to smoking them. CL🍀

Acapulco Gold
Day eight since flip.

The grow room is running normally.

The external water line was repaired today. Better than before.

The plants are drinking heavily and stretching greatly. The first shoot just passed the 2nd screen today. Pretty soon I'll get to attempt to spread them evenly about the 2nd screen.

The CO2 bucket is slowly bubbling on it's seventh day.

These plants are very healthy so far.

AG Day 8 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 8 flower.

AG Day 8 Flower (6).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 8 flower. No flash.

AG Day 8 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 8 flower. With flash.

AG Day 8 Flower (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 8 flower. First through the 2nd screen. The plant on the right, the biggest so far.

AG Day 8 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 8 flower.

Back
Top Bottom