Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

Hello @Heavenly Hybrid

All the best information says that when decarb’ing CBD on it’s own (or with minuscule amounts of THC) CBD requires longer and/or higher temps.*

If its a fairly balanced strain w significant amount of THC, then something about that patient I ate the BCD decarb Nd they both go together so th THC numbers are just fine :)

The Nova website has accurate and well described info on this - they did a lot of testing. What they say does align with other sources (incl. the GFM course i did). (I think Luiz posted their info in his journal actually. I’ll aim to find that and post it here).

*An important caveat with this is that Shed does his CBD decarb’ (just CBD) at the same temp as he does THC and his oil tests show no CBDa, indicating a full decarb’. SO evidence suggests that this is totally fine

I use the higher/longer numbers I learnt and that works too. I have them posted in my dosing oil link I think.
Yay Heavenly! CBD oil time :love:
Got it. I'll simply ask here. Let me know if you want me to post this elsewhere Amy.
no worries flump :thumb: It’s a favourite topic!

- Are there CBD product out there with absolutely NO THC whatsoever?
YES
The only product that will contain no THC at all would be lab extracted CBD oil (CO2 extraction is supposed to be the gold standard) from hemp plants. They start out with something like less than 0.3% THC to begin with.
Or an isolate (or is that the same thing?)

Generally not considered as effective as “full-spectrum” where a range of cannabinoids and usually (hopefully) some terpenes and flavonoids are present.

- Will one build a tolerance over time for CBD products?
I don’t think so

I haven't.
Me neither. SO far as I can tell anyway.

Folks I know are using anywhere from 8mg/day to 50mg/day (both using multiple small doses) for managing anxiety. I use it (alongside THC) to help with mood stabilisation and also with pain. MY dose is a little higher now than where I started 9 months ago with it, but my symptom level has risen with the more activity I’m able to do now so I chalk that up to that. Hope that makes sense, I’m very tired right now.
- What's the THC percentage threshold where THC is considered negligible?
Legally I think anything lower than 0.3%THC qualifies as hemp not cannabis/marijuana sp that’s what ”they” consider negligible but I agree w shed vvv
I would consider anything under 1% negligible in a high CBD product or plant. My oil is around 0.5mg/ml THC, and as my family can tell you, I am not high.

Thanks Shedster - keeping the home fires burning. NIghty night :ciao:

I'm hanging out at home on day 2 of at least 21- The only place that I'd regularly go besides shopping was the nursing home my Mom's at, but they locked everyone out on Sunday- something that's real hard to explain to a 96 year old with dementia...but she's actually in a safe place....
"They" also closed all the bars and dispensaries here till noon tomorrow to try and cut down on the St.Patrick's Day partying.
Weird things we're all gonna go through....

carcass, Felonious is going through the same thing with his mum. She's also in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. He's worried she won't recognize him at all when he's finally allowed to visit again. It's sad but you're right. It is safer for them. :hug: :love::hug:

I am not really able to go out anyway - i can count on one hand my outings that were not med appointments these lat 3.5 years - so i dont really know how different it feels ‘out there‘. theres massive impact on folks needing care arrangements too. If my carer has to isolate further then I’m pretty screwed for a while. Ive hears lots of stories around the world about that - folks much worse off than me losing their carer. The impact at that level of society is also immense,

I'm like you, Amy. I rarely go anywhere other than work and home. Felonious does all the grocery shopping and I'm a homebody. Home is safe.

I'm still going into the office but there were only 4 of us there this week and the building has been locked to the public so I feel like I'm still being careful enough but like you, I have an autoimmune condition and therefore, a compromised immune system and I'll be 60 this year so I have to be careful but I'm washing my hands a lot or using hand sanitizer and keeping my distance from everyone except for Felonious and as I said, I'm just going from home to work and back again and nowhere else and that's really normal for me.

I was talking to my second youngest sister today and told her that I've been telling people that I can totally avoid people for the next few months if I have to and she said, it really sucks when it's affecting introverts like us. :laughtwo:

To everyone who is reading along. Protect yourself but stay positive. Enjoy some alone time. Read a book you've been wanting to read. Clean out the closet. Work on your garden. Go through all your photos and organize. I'm sure we all have lots of things to keep us occupied while we're housebound. :hug::love::hug:

:passitleft:

My pharmacy is limiting filling prescriptions to a 30 day supply. In normal times I'd get a 90 day supply. Keep an eye on your meds, and get those prescriptions refilled ASAP.

Good advice. The library has also cut down the number of days you can take an ebook out from 21 days to 7 days. :( Good thing I have real ones that I haven't read yet. ;)

Good advice. The library has also cut down the number of days you can take an ebook out from 21 days to 7 days. :( Good thing I have real ones that I haven't read yet. ;)

We have hundreds of books. Many of them have been read several times. There are also many free sites with books. I think I have everything in house to re-vamp my grow-op. I'll be starting that tomorrow.

I love Popcorn! Welcome to the garden Rosie :welcome: nice work arriving with my favourite snack :D Very happy to have you along for the ride.

Saturday morning taste test! :bongrip:

A few days ago I snipped a lower bud oFf the Pakistan Chitral Kush. It’s actually a bit early for an early taster but there were 2 lower buds all smooshed up against one another and you don’t want that as the season draws to a close with cooler and more humid nights, etc. so... snip!

First impressions are very lovely indeed. :cheesygrinsmiley: :love: It’s at least 10 days early so it doesn’t have any “legs”, as the saying goes (meaning it doesn’t last very long) but it is wonderfully smooth, and chocolatey after the hit despite the fresh mango and citrusy pine up front, or piney citrus :hmmmm: the citrus is stronger so which way would i say that? Lol! Anyway, it is gentle, muscle relaxing and completely delighful and I couldn’t be happier about the fact I’m about to have some jars full of it fairly soon.

Happy Saturday mornings to all :ciao: :nomo: :passitleft:

I’m sending lots of extra love and support to you three with parents in isolation.
:circle-of-love: @carcass @InTheShed @HashGirl pls pass on to felonius for me! :circle-of-love:

I just can’t imagine what that must feel like. Hang in there all of you :love:

He's worried she won't recognize him at all when he's finally allowed to visit again.
Thanks,@HashGirl - It's good to know that I'm not the only one ....not a good thing for any of us,but
at least they (hopefully) are safe in the nursing homes.
I call my mom every day, and explain what's going on...it's like a new thing to her every day...
she's not capable of worrying about things any more,which may be a good thing....
there has always been an underlying familiarity that I'm afraid will be gone when I'm finally allowed back in.
After our phone calls, she'll ask me "who is this?"so I'm in the same situation...by the time I see her again,
I don't think she'll recognize me...

Update: State of the Garden - Bloom weeks 5-8 :hippy:
full

Pakistan Chitral Kush

:ciao: Happy Sunday morning everyone, whenever you happen to land there! I’m there in that time-space now and I’ve had a lovely morning toking the Bubba Hash and watching tv in bed followed by going through my garden pics from yesterday and selecting these ones to share.

Everything is cruising along toward the finish beautifully despite the whitefly. Apart from Lilly as you’ll see, to look at them you’d never be able to tell there was some serious pest pressure. They have had 2 hits with the Green Cleaner Spray this week and that has made a big difference - killed a lot in the spray! We had a couple of helpers here so were able to do the whole garden at once both times and numbers are now greatly reduced. Plus, the numbers of dragonfly and damselfly have finally increased a little.

I see a few leaf tips showing the strength of the last Growth Ionic drench so I’ll back it off a little bit next time, or not add the 1/4 TP to it like i did last time. Also on that though, Lilly is a deeper richer green which was part of the reason I did it, so I'm pretty happy with my ministrations overall. :)

The bed is currently due for a plain water. I won’t do 1/4 trans. with this one either as it all looks fine. Straight rain water will be perfect. Here’s the crew.

Lilly
I think about 5 weeks into flower so 2-3 to go.

Star Pupil x Weapon X
About 7-8 weeks in to flower with 1-2 weeks to go.

Pakistan Chitral Kush
About 8 weeks in to flower with up to 1 week to go. I havent looked at trichomes yet but there isn't many new hairs popping out anymore so I will do so fairly soon. I think a week at least. Such a pretty plant :)

Purple Satellite
I’m having a total love affair with the visual of these flowers :D :yummy: I just love the shapes. From the looks of these it’s easily 2 weeks away.

So harvest season approaches... :slide:

The next foliar will be a weaponised (i.e.,mixed at 1/4 strength and sprayed heavily) Brix or Destress, so that will wash off the remaining dead whitefly from Lilly while knocking out a few more.

The reappearance of dragonflies and damselflies has been joyful indeed. There is only about 20% of the usual numbers but it’s something. I managed to snap this one right next to the canna garden during this shoot - a beautiful dusty blue one it is too. It was a quick snap, critter was gone in a flash!
They must rest very efficiently :meditate:

031EBDB9-79EF-44D0-B9BE-C7CE60BA277B.jpeg

Wishing everyone the blessing of lush green gardens and weekends filled with love and replenishment.

:love:
:Namaste:

Speaking of Purple Satellite, I took a couple of snaps this morning of what I was talking about last week when I said that I had ‘opened up the buds a bit for airflow and room to grow’.

Many of you will already do this, or versions of it but for those it is new for, this little tech can help reduce mould and budrot risk because it allows better airflow through and around the flower clusters (the buds) while also opening space around them for them to bulk up more by growing more bracts to fill the space :cheesygrinsmiley: I was so happy to discover this somewhere here on 420 many moons ago so I like to share it every now and then.

As the flower clusters form and start to grow larger they are usually stacked tightly in against the stem. It can get pretty bunchy in there, holding moisture etc. and constraining growth.

As the colas form, I periodically and very delicately take the tip of a little sugar or fan leaf that will allow me to bend the flower cluster very gently away from the stem. This is the equivalent of ‘tip spreading’ during veg just continued into flower.

Best to start with lower flowers first and it can take a few tries to find the right leaf to tug on (very gently!)

And they each bend out in different, spiralling, directions - following the nodal structure.

This is afterwards. Lots more space to bulk up and easier moisture evaporation in the short term (in the above update post this is the larger centre cola on the PS and those pics were before).

I do this to a branch/cola or two every other day or so, slowly working my way around the garden so they all tend to get a nice stretch every week or so.

I’m rolling into Sunday afternoon like...

:smokin: My visitors this morning concurred that Bubba Hash and DDA (mixed about 60/40) is a delicious and delightful cocktail. (And yes we maintained physical distancing spaces :) )

I’ll just leave these pre-rolls here for anyone to spark up. I joint per person eh!
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin::smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Update-bonus Photodrop:popcorn:

After my guests left today i was nicely fuelled by coffee and the Bubba/DDA cocktail and I enjoyed a brief window in the garden getting up close and personal with the macro lens. Note that outdoors we can get more amber because of the action of the sun, it’s another reason I like the slightly milky rain cover. I just shot the indicas - they’re easiest to access.

PCK - so far the trichomes confirm my call that it’s probably a week to 10 days away.

SP x WX. Trichs looks in a similar state to the PCK to me, but this plant is still pumping out tons of new stigmas so i expect it to go longer. We shall see :)

Little white fly stuck in the stickiness

I think a bonus update deserves bonus critter :D

I love ants a lot and we have a gazilion different kinds. There’s only one type that supper dangeros and many of them are pretty harmless and quite beautiful. This one doesnt even have any pincers to speak of and is a very elegant mover :love:

6CA92077-DBF5-4EB3-A43D-59CF836BD939.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom