Another Year, Another Grow: Zkittlez Auto From FastBuds!

She'll be fine Tommy. Start to water a circle around her instead of the stem area. At that age start maybe with a 1-2" diameter circle away from the stem and work outwards about 2" wide. The plant will start off slower in bigger pots until she gets her feet established. Go easy on the water as too much will also slow her growth.

Will do Mr.S, thank you! :passitleft:...
I usually just give a light mist with a spray bottle during the first week of life but the dog ate that on me as well.. he's just in that phase of chewing on everything now so I have to keep him away from everything.. last watering was on Friday but i'm going to leave her another while because the coco is slightly damp still.. It's probably because there hasn't been too much heat yesterday and today it's been staying around 16-17°C but it's supposed to be back on track tomorrow working up to 19.5/20°C throughout the week..

Today marks day 5, She's almost completely outgrown the nute burn.. just two little brown tips on the leaves to mark her battle... 20°C today with no rain and you can tell she's enjoying it, i've taken MrSauga's info on board and started to water around the outside of the medium rather than in the middle.. she's been getting 150ml of water.. but now that the sun is back out i'm probably going to raise it to 200ml tomorrow or 250ml because it dries out a lot quicker.. fare to say she hasn't been watered much this week anyway as it is she got 50ml when i planted her then 100ml when she popped her head up, she got 100ml on day 2, 150ml yesterday (day 4).. I havn't watered today and as I said in an earlier post the weather was a bit cooler at the start of the week and the coco was staying damp for a little bit longer because of it so i'm expecting her to be able to take at least the 200ml throughout the next week if it stays warm!
Humidity today between 45 and 58%...

Tomorrow is supposed to be 19-21°C and no rain again so day 6 shall be another good one! :cheer:

i've taken MrSauga's info on board and started to water around the outside of the medium rather than in the middle.. she's been getting 150ml of water.. but now that the sun is back out i'm probably going to raise it to 200ml tomorrow or 250ml because it dries out a lot quicker
Yes, with coco as you know it does dry out faster, but the key is to keep away from the stem for the first little while. You want the roots to search for that water and that's a good way to do it. Just make sure like you said you are not letting it dry out.

Day 7!
First week down and she wasn't bad at all.. nice bit of rain there today so I put a little cover over it nothing special just a bottle but it's keeping the rain off :laugh:.. temps are low enough but not as bad as they could be, i'm dealing with anywhere from 15-17°C today.. should all be clearing off by tomorrow though! As you can expect with the low temps and nice bit of rain the humidity is high today staying at around 66%.. She's not too bothered by it though, just going to leave off watering until it starts to get a bit warmer she got 350ml yesterday anyway so she should be alright for couple days either way.. you almost wouldn't even notice the burn on her anymore which is another upside.. so far it's smooth sailing :surf:

Keeping a close eye on the weather here because it changes so much, looks like there isn't a great week ahead, but from Friday onwards the sun is breaking back through and temps raising back to 20/21°C again so hopefully she won't do too bad this week its gonna be wet and cold out there!
This is what we are expecting for the week..

(Today) Saturday: 18°C a few showers.
Sunday : 16°C a few showers.
Monday: 15°C a little rain.
Tuesday: 17°C sunshine, a few showers.
Wednesday: 17°C a couple of showers.
Thursday: 18°C a passing shower.

Zkittlez 2.0 is 2 weeks old today.. looks like she's slowing down just like the last one did but its to be expected with the week that we've had, although she was mostly kept in the greenhouse there were a couple of occasion where she got caught in the rain as you can still see from the coco.. there is some new growth trying to come out though so once we get a bit of a dry patch she should start to come on a little bit better again..

Temps and humidity are gone up but there's still some rain to fall i'd say so in and out of the greenhouse for next couple of days I reckon.. don't want to keep her in there all the time because she seems to do a lot better out in the open as you would expect..

Damn mr.Gunnz luck of the rotten with old skittlzz and back on track with a new baby, well done brother and I don't even spot the nute burn I actually thought it was some early color coming in with the cold temps you have been having...haha

Hope you having a cracking weekend ... :snowboating:

Afternoon mr.Sauga hope you keeping just as well brother....... :passitleft:Early critical Kush and she smells heavenly....

Afternoon mr.Sauga hope you keeping just as well brother.......
Hiya Smeegs... things are well brother :) I'm amazed at the season you had though. I swear tourists need to make a stop at your ranch to see how it's really done. Keep well amigo :green_heart:

The 3rd and final zkittlez has started her germination today.. hoping to get her planted by Monday if I can, last two were quick to germinate though so it shouldn't be a problem! Gonna drop her straight into the back garden and let her do her thing naturally, only going to be feeding her some 'advanced hydroponics of holland 2: bloom' during her flowering stage.

It's a slow grow for me too Tommy. Temps and sunshine, or lack thereof, are the issue. We're still below normal for this time of year.
Yeah man its at times like this I wish I had gone indoors but I just don't got all the equipment that I need yet.. we just have to make do with what we have at times.. but a slow-grow is better than a no-grow!

I’m in lookin good
Welcome to the grow @Jack420

Damn mr.Gunnz luck of the rotten with old skittlzz and back on track with a new baby, well done brother and I don't even spot the nute burn I actually thought it was some early color coming in with the cold temps you have been having...haha

Hope you having a cracking weekend ... :snowboating:

Afternoon mr.Sauga hope you keeping just as well brother....... :passitleft:Early critical Kush and she smells heavenly....
Whats been happening Smeegol, thought I lost you for a bit haha.. always happens to me but I wont give up, I never even thought of the cold temps that may have been what it was because to be fair there wasn't that much nutes in the medium.. either way she's back to herself all I need now is for some good weather to pass over my head and she should start to shoot up a little bit

but a slow-grow is better than a no-grow!
True enough! Our forecast isn't much to talk about. How 'bout over there? Good weather ahead?

On another note, my Dad was born in Donaghadee and came to Canada at an early age. It's a place I would love to travel to and see.
Have a great weekend!

Nothing that me or the zkittlez is looking forward to.. it was supposed to clear up this week but were still between 16 and 19°C the rain seems to have passed though so that's good.. i've never been up around Belfast only once when I was little and I can't remember that too well haha.. I'm in the south of Ireland, hope you do get the chance eventually to travel around over here.. people seem to really like this place but when your from here all you want to do is get out haha

people seem to really like this place but when your from here all you want to do is get out haha
I said this a lot when I lived out in Hawaii. Everyone thinks of it as paradise... until they actually live there.

Completely understand the sentiment...
:passitleft:

You know, I'm thinking this Zkittles strain is just a slow grower. My first Zkittles (auto) seed had a rough start so I thought it was stunted it grew so slow. I started another one last weekend and it popped up on Wednesday afternoon. Since then it hasn't changed much at all. Hasn't even bothered to stand up all the way yet.

Picture taken this morning, beginning of its day 5.
20190603_064344.jpg

Back
Top Bottom