Another Year, Another Grow: Zkittlez Auto From FastBuds!

So it's day 7 today for the Zkittlez.. one week old!
I decided i'm not going to be using the net to block rainwater anymore because its attracting flies.. I had a plastic bottle over the zkittlez to keep humidity high .. she was only up 3 days and the dog decided he wanted to chew on the bottle, he managed to pull her up out of the ground in the process.. not happy about that but there was no damage which was the main thing so I just tucked her back in gently and gave her a small bit of a watering.. I moved it away from the dogs but after only a day in its new spot a door fell down on the pot.. thanks to the dog for loosing some of the coco out of the pot before the grow the Zkittles was tucked deep down and didn't take any of the impact.. so because of that she's now standing out on her own with nothing in her surroundings, I have noticed a small bit of stretching and I don't know if its because of the spot she's in now or because of it been so deep down in the pot? might just be trying to reach outide of the pot where more light is.. another problem the dog caused!! All in all though she's one tough little f*cker and doesn't seem to have been bothered by any of it.. again I have to say it I have a good feeling with this one #fastbudzclub

Here it is now at 7 days old..

It said in the description that she was a thirsty girl but I wasn't expecting her to take as much as she is.. i've been giving 350ml since day 4 and i've brought that to 400ml yesterday 'day - 6'!

Because of the time I have with her being an auto I want to feed her as much nutrients as possible to promote new growth so i've already started introducing feeds today.. she is only one week old so i'm taking it easy but im going to get it in early and build it up quicker!!

400ml water with 0.2ml bio-grow today, pH 6.1 :smokin:

Update next week again :peace:

Subbed up Tommy... looking forward to watching that Zkittlez grow out. :goodluck:
Great to have you here @MrSauga!! :passitleft:

@EastCoastGhost I've noticed it myself on a couple outdoor plants last year too.. wonder why they do that?

Hey hey mr.Gunnz my brother how fare thee on this wonderful weekend....
No fear of me S, how you been keeping.. Zkittlez is enjoying the weather this weekend we finally seen a bit of sun yesterday and it seems to be staying around for now!

Day 14 has come for the Zkittlez.. not a lot of growth happening over the last week, been looking back at previous grows and she seems to be at the speed of the Pineapple Express Auto from last year (also FastBuds genetics).. the weather hasn't been too great though so i'm going to say that's the cause of it... 1 or 2 days of sun this week mostly wet and windy though, i've managed to build a small greenhouse type of thing to keep the rain off.. yesterday it got a bit bad again and today it's 11°C / 51°F not too much rain a bit of wind but the greenhouse is blocking that as well.. humidity is 72% (probably higher in the greenhouse) but we'll look on the good side it's supposed to be picking up towards the weekend and next week is supposed to be summer again here so hopefully she can make up for lost time!

Overall she's been responding to the feeds well, she was taking 0.4ml bio-grow with 350ml water but today I gave her 0.5ml bio-grow with 500ml water (pH 6.0).. I plan on starting to add some cal-mag during the week and increasing the bio-grow to 1ml if I think she can handle it, I had plans of increasing the water to 750ml but because she's still so small I think that might be a bit too much but we'll see how she gets on this week.. She seems to be drinking quite a lot of water for her size but most of it is getting dried out I think.. I'm not going to use much of the cal-mag unless she looks for more throughout the grow.. Plain water still in between feeds to prevent salt build up!

Here she is at day 14.. and also a pic of the Pineapple Express at day 14 last year!

OK I posted in the other thread before reading your journal. Disregard what I said over there.
Cold weather on seedlings will definately slow her down.
The chart below is a reference and many growers have grown in temps outside that range, but they are in late veg/flower stages.

The '-' sign before 15C is referring to UNDER 15C, not -15C

Yeah i'm definitely putting it down to the weather.. hope she can make up for it next week it's supposed to be improving from today on-wards still a bummer that i've lost a week of growing with the auto.. next year i'm going to run a few photo plants outdoors instead to have more time during veg and i'm gonna work on plant and harvest size rather than flower quality.. thanks for the chart @MrSauga I appreciate it.. i'm never going to get 17°C during night here i'd say but 23°C during the day is possible just have to keep my fingers crossed..

i'm never going to get 17°C during night here i'd say but 23°C during the day is possible just have to keep my fingers crossed..
Ya those are ideal conditions, so although they say that we know that most of us don't meet that window of excellence. I try and get as close as possible to maintain optimum growth but it rarely happens.

Bad news i'm back to square one :( The dog broke into the greenhouse and decided to eat the Zkittlez on me last night.. fare to say i'm not a happy camper this morning, and the dog has to face his consequences lol.. Currently have another Zkittlez seed germinating but still i've now lost the 17 days that I was on so i'm not happy one bit.. only up side is that the weather is a bit better and should get better as we move closer into the summer months so maybe it was a sign to start another one after loosing some growth last week on the one that the dog ate.. hopefully we have some better luck with this girl.. and the dog isn't going to come off the chain until the grow is complete so he's not getting the chance to go snooping around.. update as soon as she's ready to plant

Bad news i'm back to square one :( The dog broke into the greenhouse and decided to eat the Zkittlez on me last night.. fare to say i'm not a happy camper this morning, and the dog has to face his consequences lol.. Currently have another Zkittlez seed germinating but still i've now lost the 17 days that I was on so i'm not happy one bit.. only up side is that the weather is a bit better and should get better as we move closer into the summer months so maybe it was a sign to start another one after loosing some growth last week on the one that the dog ate.. hopefully we have some better luck with this girl.. and the dog isn't going to come off the chain until the grow is complete so he's not getting the chance to go snooping around.. update as soon as she's ready to plant
Faaaaaack!

:passitleft:

Guess it could have been worse, but 17 days is still a kick in the junk. Ugh!

GL with the new bean... onward & upward!

Faaaaaack!

:passitleft:

Guess it could have been worse, but 17 days is still a kick in the junk. Ugh!

GL with the new bean... onward & upward!
Yeah that's what I keep telling myself I could have lost a lot more time.. she hadn't made much progress in the days that she was above ground though either so might have some better luck with this one in terms of growth hopefully, I can only look on the bright side!

I've got a fresh batch of coco but only 10L and i'm using a fresh pot.. but now i'm back to using a 10L pot only so my plans of using the bigger pots is gone out the window for this grow.. just got to focus on flower quality on this one and might have to start investing in some equipment for indoor grows in the future I think!

Just mixed a few clean stones with the coco to help with drainage can't get any perlite to add at the moment so there gonna take its place.. i've also added more holes on the bottom of the pot too.

Sorry to hear the news Tommy! Just say to yourself it was a mutant anyhow so I'm better off without her :)

Last pic I got of the Zkittlez before she got ate.. Day 16

And just a pic of my fresh pot of coco in prep for the Zkittlez 2.0!! Now working with only 2.6 gallons (10litres) so not expecting anything big from her..

I had a look at the seed this morning i'd say she'l be ready to put in the ground tomorrow! :ganjamon:

Sorry to hear about your Zkittles @ItsTommyGunnz. Mine has also experienced some tribulations. Mine uprooted itself somehow ( i cant even blame the dog as mine is in a tent in a locked room) I also saved mine with a quick replanting but it seems stunted compared to the Gelato an the NL plants.

Zkittles at 11 days
20190515_202505.jpg

Gelato also at 11 days
20190515_225521.jpg

And NL 11 days
20190515_225528.jpg

Might not amount to much but gonna let it grow and see what it does.

Have a knife day

@Knifemaker420 if she did stunt on you it seems like she's only a couple of days behind the other 2 girls.. I just keep on having bad luck with mine because of my own stupid mistakes.. Zkittlez 2.0 popped her head out yesterday and already she's ran into trouble, I forgot to flush the coco before the grow and now it seems as if she's suffering from nute burn at only a day old, definitley gonna stunt her on me but i'm gonna see if she will bounce back from it.. lots of plain water for her for the next 2 or 3 weeks i'll have a pic for everyone in a little bit.

I have one more Zkittlez left and I think i'm gonna plant her directly in the garden without a pot :idea:.. gonna wait another 2-3 weeks before I start her though to avoid bad weather since I won't be able to move her around, the current Zkittlez seems to not have been bothered by the nute burn so I think given another week or 2 she could come back from it :smokin:
I'll try to get another pic of her today..

Back
Top Bottom