Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

New plants are exciting, I'm mulling over what I want try now. Girls look good, CR is going to really put out. Photos are fun to grow with unlimited veg time.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Damn bro, I'm impressed. I totally hate autos because it seems like they always start budding way before you want them to. It blows my mind to see your plants looking so full. I guess it must be something about where you get the autos from?? I've gotten autos from a couple of different seed vendors and had the same results both times... topped them once and a couple of weeks later they were already starting to bud. The last time I tried growing an auto Critical Haze, I tried to stop it from budding by increasing the light to 22 hours a day, and it didn't help at all. That stupid little plant was only 5 inches tall with 2 tiny colas. I got about an 1/8th oz of bud... and the bud sucked. Both times I've tried growing autos, I was extremely disappointed. So, again, it blows me away to see all those huge colas on an auto!! Awesome!:goodjob:

Damn bro, I'm impressed. I totally hate autos because it seems like they always start budding way before you want them to. It blows my mind to see your plants looking so full. I guess it must be something about where you get the autos from?? I've gotten autos from a couple of different seed vendors and had the same results both times... topped them once and a couple of weeks later they were already starting to bud. The last time I tried growing an auto Critical Haze, I tried to stop it from budding by increasing the light to 22 hours a day, and it didn't help at all. That stupid little plant was only 5 inches tall with 2 tiny colas. I got about an 1/8th oz of bud... and the bud sucked. Both times I've tried growing autos, I was extremely disappointed. So, again, it blows me away to see all those huge colas on an auto!! Awesome!:goodjob:

I totally agree Paul, autos at a craps shoot.. I've had some take over 8 weeks to start to flower and then some flower by the 4th node. Very disappointing to say the least, but if you find a good strain they can be very rewarding. As you can see with RTK and Bizz's amazing plants. It's all in the genetics...

As usual fellas, the plants look fantastic. Till next time..
KiG brothers :green_heart:Cheers

To me autos are like getting a mail order bride from a specific country. You have some idea of what she's going to look like, but what's she gonna look like? Is she stacked up top or otherwise? Long legs or short? Does she eat a lot or starve herself? Who knows? Maybe she is the best you have ever seen! Then she dies and you never see her again. You order again but each time you order another you never know what's gonna arrive at the airport.

Photos are like dating a girl after a blind date. The first time you have to rely on someone's description, but then you start getting to know her for who she is. Every time you take her out again you get to know more. Before you know it you are in a committed relationship. If things go well it may go on for decades. You may have found your holy grail.

To me autos are like getting a mail order bride from a specific country. You have some idea of what she's going to look like, but what's she gonna look like? Is she stacked up top or otherwise? Long legs or short? Does she eat a lot or starve herself? Who knows? Maybe she is the best you have ever seen! Then she dies and you never see her again. You order again but each time you order another you never know what's gonna arrive at the airport.

Photos are like dating a girl after a blind date. The first time you have to rely on someone's description, but then you start getting to know her for who she is. Every time you take her out again you get to know more. Before you know it you are in a committed relationship. If things go well it may go on for decades. You may have found your holy grail.

Great description +rep for that though you left one part out..
After your blind date you take her out a few more times and start to think this is the one for me, then she hikes up her skirt and shows you her balls. This is where it gets really interesting :rofl: Do you "A" say no way I am not that kind of grower and rush him off to the compost pile. Or do you "B" say, well it is the new millennium, what the heck I will keep him in the closet all by himself, then when the time is right "Come out of the closet" and create your own seeds, thus increasing your wisdom in the field.
Weather your an "A" or a "B" type grower it is all good, after-all it is the new millennium :circle-of-love:

After your blind date you take her out a few more times and start to think this is the one for me, then she hikes up her skirt and shows you her balls. This is where it gets really interesting :rofl: Do you "A" say no way I am not that kind of grower and rush him off to the compost pile. Or do you "B" say, well it is the new millennium, what the heck I will keep him in the closet all by himself, then when the time is right "Come out of the closet" and create your own seeds, thus increasing your wisdom in the field.
Weather your an "A" or a "B" type grower it is all good, after-all it is the new millennium :circle-of-love:
Bahahahahaha! I just started shaking with laughter and have a stupidly high grin on my face. Made my morning OG. I don't judge others but for me it's straight to the bin...well let me admit something. If I push the twister I have had her throw a few nanners. But not always. What does that make me? I guess if the buzz is good enough then I will sometimes make exceptions? Hee hee. Hoping that the high Brix does the same thing for my twister as it did for x4. X4 nannered (and was chopped down) in the chem grow and remains fine in the high Brix grow.

I will admit to being a B type grower...not that there's anything wrong with that. :) But if you ever see me with my hair in a man bun, smack me. :rofl:

New plants are exciting, I'm mulling over what I want try now. Girls look good, CR is going to really put out. Photos are fun to grow with unlimited veg time.

Yeah, we spend hours debating and deciding. We tried twice for a white widow, so I'm somewhat interested in proving out the rest of that 5 pack and contacting CKS if necessary. But in the end, for this next photo we couldn't pass on the Purple Kush.

The Crown Royale is looking great. Still healthy and happy and building something like 40 or 50 tops.

I'm hooked on the speed of 'em, and that we can pump more than 12 hours of light into them during flowering. Still at 18/6, but I really should bump that up to 20/4.

Most of our autos have been from CKS, but the first Dark Devil we did turned out alright, and I'm pretty happy with how this Lemon Skunk is going so far. All have gotten us right cooked. :)

22 hours wouldn't stop them from flowering, but it should push the veg cycle more than say 12 or 18.

Perpetual awesomeness and a new purple Kush! Keep it awesome my friends.

:high-five: big bro!

I totally agree Paul, autos at a craps shoot.. I've had some take over 8 weeks to start to flower and then some flower by the 4th node. Very disappointing to say the least, but if you find a good strain they can be very rewarding. As you can see with RTK and Bizz's amazing plants. It's all in the genetics...

As usual fellas, the plants look fantastic. Till next time..
KiG brothers :green_heart:Cheers

Can't complain with CKS (mostly, there was that one Sweet Seeds girl in there too) so far. I'll take 4-6 zips per plant in 72-90 days without a complaint.

So far... :)

Good luck trying to convince two committed bachelors to enter into a committed relationship. Sure that blind date girl might be great, but is she "perfect"? Is perfection important? If not, isn't that settling?

To paraphrase the old adage: Behind every incredible weed is a stoner that's sick of smoking her.

Nothing perfect can last, enjoy it while it's here and keep the memories as best you can. Sure you'll run into some that are far from perfect, but that's part of the fun as well.

So I guess photos are for married men, us single guys go for the thrill of the auto.

:rofl:

I could stick him in the closet, but he'd be in the dark. I've no room for a mother right now, fathers would meet a very swift death.

We're back to the future style growers right now, firmly in the 50's for now. :)

Great update as normal RTK,
Out of all the journals I look in on, I must say you have the most organized and thorough updates I have seen. I only wish I was 1/2 as organized as you :thumb:

Thanks OG, assuming that was a compliment and not just an observation. :)

It's as much for me as anyone else, including Jaybiz.

Bahahahahaha! I just started shaking with laughter and have a stupidly high grin on my face. Made my morning OG. I don't judge others but for me it's straight to the bin...well let me admit something. If I push the twister I have had her throw a few nanners. But not always. What does that make me? I guess if the buzz is good enough then I will sometimes make exceptions? Hee hee. Hoping that the high Brix does the same thing for my twister as it did for x4. X4 nannered (and was chopped down) in the chem grow and remains fine in the high Brix grow.

I'm disappointed that we didn't find the few nanners our Jack likely threw. Gotta pay closer attention I think.

:rofl:LMFAO:rofl:

...... (got 3 hermie bag seed plants in his closet ATM) ......

:wood::hmmmm::bitingnails::trance:

In fairness, OG was talking straight up male I think, not a hermie. What you have in your closet is your own business and nobody here will judge you.

Don't feel bad bro, I found a couple nanners on one of my white cookies today :( hope I found them and plucked them in time!!!

You found them, that's why I feel bad. I totally missed 'em!!

I will admit to being a B type grower...not that there's anything wrong with that. :) But if you ever see me with my hair in a man bun, smack me. :rofl:

I'm years from being a type B I think. There's enough males around this place as it is.

You do the most delightful multi-quotes. I just love coming over and listening to you. I could just squeeze in over in this corner here and try to be real quiet...... Nope, that wouldn't work, would it? :laughtwo:

You two keep on impressing everyone with the autos. It's important that we have this strong auto presence here. For everything Shiggity says about autos vs photos, and I agree with his thoughts, for the most part, autos are not what they used to be and you and Jay demonstrate the value of a well-chosen auto and a well-thought out training plan. I hope to be able to learn to get a consistent 4-6 ounces per plant, and by God, with your brilliantly documented journals to follow, I like my chances.

Thank you for being so obsessively compulsive about how you grow and journal. Look, that turned out to be a good thing. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

April 3 Update. Crown Royale is 95 days old, Revolver 2 is 31, Dark devil 2 is 20, and Lemon Skunk is 16 days old. CR is now 45 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 79 and RH is 45% at the canopy, 78 and 47% at the top.

Temp for LS and R2/D2 peaked at 88 today with RH at 34% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and R2 is about 22 inches from the light, D2 is 23, and LS is 24 inches away.

• R2 was soaked with 50% strength grow nutes (6 liters with 15 ml DNF Gro A+B, and 4 ml of calmag+ at 632ppm and 5.7 PH).
  • D2 got 2 liters of bubbled tap water at 162ppm and 5.7 PH
  • LS got 2 liters of the same water.

Everyone was pretty thirsty and droopy for their morning, except of course Jaybiz's Crown Royale who just continues to get fat and frosty. No issue at all to report on her.

Family pic:

CR (23.6 lbs, down from 25.6 yesterday):

R2 (7.8 lbs down from 9.6 yesterday, 20.6 lbs after watering tonight):

Her droopy double tops:

D2 (6.6 lbs down from 7.6 yesterday, 11.4 lbs after watering tonight):

LS (6.8 lbs down from 8.2 yesterday, 11.4 after watering tonight):

Back in the tent:

Great post! The structure of CR is awesome!
HOZ

Thanks Hoz, we're into the final couple weeks of Crown Royale's time with us, and she seems to be loving life. Looks like she'll finish well beyond our expectations.

Arteekay, you follow Duggan, don't you? His new journal is up and running this morning.

Oh likely, I'll check it out next.

Edit: link was broken, here's a working link for anyone looking for it:

Duggan Does Kosher Kush With DBHBB - 4 Plants - Two Pots - Lots Of LEDs!

April 4 Update. Crown Royale is 96 days old, Revolver 2 is 32, Dark devil 2 is 21, and Lemon Skunk is 17 days old. CR is now 46 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 79 and RH is 42% at the canopy, 78 and 45% at the top.

Temp for LS and R2/D2 peaked at 86 today with RH at 37% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and R2 is about 22 inches from the light, D2 is 23, and LS is 24 inches away.

Thankfully, nobody needed anything today, as we had an electrician in today to install new circuits for each tent, and a spare circuit in the next room over where our inline fans and likely the drying tent will end up.

We didn't want to risk doing it ourselves, and this guy is a pro and did it up perfectly. Very happy with the results. Each tent gets it's own 15 amp circuit, separate from everything else in the house. I really didn't trust the obvious handyman level install of the existing basement wiring, so it's great to know it's all safe and easily accessible.

Need to do some more cable management obviously, but it's a great step up for us.

Family pics:

LS (9.4 lbs, down from 11.4 after watering yesterday):

D2 (9.2 lbs, down from 11.4 after watering yesterday):

After tying her down:

R2 (17.4 lbs, down from 20.6 after watering yesterday):

Pulled her double tops apart, we kept them together last time and it wasn't worth it:

CR (20.6 lbs, down from 23.6 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Our Purple Kush photo went into paper towel yesterday, and was ready to plant today. Fastest germination we've had so far:

Great job RTK love the shoot of the garden but was even happier to see you got a professional to wire your new circuits. It makes me nervous when I see handymen /women wiring in peoples homes. Oh and speaking of electrical, I started work today on the Canby Civic Center. Looks like it will be a great job, only have to work 40 hours a week :yahoo: Missed all of the underground work but on the bright side they tell me that this job should last through August. Small job and best of all, no drug testing .. The world is back in harmony in Oregon :circle-of-love:

Great job RTK love the shoot of the garden but was even happier to see you got a professional to wire your new circuits. It makes me nervous when I see handymen /women wiring in peoples homes. Oh and speaking of electrical, I started work today on the Canby Civic Center. Looks like it will be a great job, only have to work 40 hours a week :yahoo: Missed all of the underground work but on the bright side they tell me that this job should last through August. Small job and best of all, no drug testing .. The world is back in harmony in Oregon :circle-of-love:

Well worth it for us, done right and allows us to expand again. Jaybiz is chomping at the bit to get a new tent and more lights for the photos. As an IT guy, I can appreciate the beauty of the infrastructure.

Massive congrats on the Summer gig OG. :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom