I had to take a few smoke breaks but I’m all caught up!! Lol 50 seeds!! Looks like ol newty is rubbing off on ya;)

That quad-squad will be brilliant:high-five:

Beautiful harvest and great #sag picture! You should enter it in a contest and and send me the lighter when you win:D

12 J’s!! Daaaaang sounds like a great day! I can’t believe I missed this!! Yummmmm!! And dang I need to grow that AP!

Happy 420!! :D:D:D

Also, nice dabs! Great yield, I’ll take a pic of my juicy dab I got pressed at my pals house, he has one of those fancy ones!! I got him to squish a big ol Peggy nug! #dabsfordays

@Grandpa Tokin knows what’s up! I don’t have any interest in DWC or blowing myself up:D:D but can’t get enough gramps!! Lol I’m subbed to the #allgrampschannel

Hitting all my journals, #mainmentor was my first stop! Boom!

Ayahuasca Purple is a must! I can’t wait to grow it again because it was early in my growing career and I’ve refined things since then.

Quad-Squad is now my name for all you people who try my training methods. You win the day for coming up with that name.

A lot of research and some trial and error. In my first grow I did what the bottles recommend and I got ok buds with ok frost and a little nute burn. My next grow I did the Lucas Formula (which is another pretty basic routine) and had a little bettter results. After doing a bunch of research on nutrients I learned what the plant needs and when. I bought my additives for times the plants need boosts and I developed a schedule based on all my notes. I’ve adjusted it 3 times now but the one in this journal is my final schedule.

I have a theory that seed companies and nutrient companies are very similar. In the end it is a business and nutrient companies want you to over use nutrients so then you have to buy more. That’s why my PPMs are not that high. Seed companies are always short on their flowering times and they want you to pull plants down early and start more seeds. Maybe just a conspiracy theory in my head but I’m a business guy and this just seems like a way to get more business.

It’s not that easy to comprehend all this stuff but when you do figure it out it’s like a lightbulb going off in your head.
So would you not advise to follow your feeding schedule? I would be picking up right at the first week of flower so I wanted to at least make up for the ground that I have lost

So would you not advise to follow your feeding schedule? I would be picking up right at the first week of flower so I wanted to at least make up for the ground that I have lost

I would advise anyone who is using the GH trio to follow my schedule. Were you asking how I came up with my schedule or how I hit those ratios and calculate the NPK?

I was asking how you hit the ratios and calculated the NPK in your schedule along with the ppm you included in the flowering phase. Sorry for the confusion.

Each bottle of nutrients all have different values like 5-0-2 or 0-5-4. I take how many ML of each of bottle I have put into my batch and multiply that for every bottle. So if I used 4 ML of Bloom(0-5-4) it would be 0-20-16 (0 from the bottle for nitrogen times anything is 0, 5 from the bottle times 4 ML of the phosphorous is 20 and 4 from the bottle times 4 of the potassium is 16). Every additive and bottle has an N-P-K value on it and if you use it in your batch it should all be calculated out. Once you have done that for every bottle and how much of that bottle you put in then you add all those up. You'll get a number like 100-240-180 or something. Divide by a common number like 100 and you get a ratio of 1-2.4-1.8.

This one was an example that I did for @DobeWan who seems to have disappeared off the forums. That guy is so good at getting almost all the way through a harvest and then having something happen just at the end when everything is looking amazing. Oh well, I just hope everything is ok. He has some great examples in his journal about calculating N-P-K. @TheMadDabber I think has some examples in his thread too. I'm not sure if he's even using my schedule anymore but I think he was at one point but with a different set of nutrients.

So about PPM. That is something you just have to experiment with. I make nutrients in about 5 gallon batches. I add cal mag first thing until it reaches 200ppm, everytime. I have super clean water and that is usually 20 ML of cal-mag. So now I don't even measure the water for PPM once I add just 4 droppers full. I know it will be very close to 200 ppm. After that I paid attention to how much 1 dropper (5 ML) of each base bottle effected the PPM. It's a lot of testing at first but you start to know that by feel eventually. Some additives are negligible to raising ppm and others spike it so you'll start to know after you've made about 5 or so batches. If the PPM increases 100 in a week and so does a certain nutrient (like phosphorous maybe going from a 2-3-3 to a 1-5-4 ratio) then you simply just add more of the bloom bottle and it will raise the ppm along with the ratio and you will be close. I do recommend doing all the math (written out) and measuring the ppm after adding each thing and that is a hassle at first but it's the best way to learn. Also if you mix up a batch and go for instance double the PPM too much (trying to hit 400ppm and hit 800ppm) then you simply just dump half in another bucket and fill them both up again. Your PPM will be cut in half but the ratios of nutrients in each bucket is still the same. Ratios don't change by adding water, only PPM does. Also you don't have to be exact, just try to be within a decent range of what I've suggested week by week. If you write out the math and get stuck or can't figure it out then post a picture here and I can let you know where you might be off.

I will admit to not calculating everything out to the level that you do but i have checked ppm and ph after every single additive at first to know what does what. Even when changing over supplemental boosters you should watch the ppms with every nute bottle change. I may start to get that granular with it going forward but at the very least people need a good meter and an understanding of what does what to the readings on the meter. Your methods are not difficult. People just need to take the time to do them (self included.. yup i am a lazy mofo).

Day 24 Flower Tent B - Day 1 CBDream Veg Tent A

Both tents are up and running again. I was kind of undecided on what I was going to do until CK piped in and asked for a monoscrog. The 50 outdoor fruits and veggies plants haven't done hardly anything. I've got a few sprouts on some of the salad ones but that is it so those can get an update when something actually happens. The ATFs took a little longer than normal to germinate. 48 hours ago I only had one that had sprouted and I was wondering what the heck I was going to do if I could only get one to sprout. I've never not had one sprout using the method that I do. All of the CBDreams had sprouted though. To my delight when I went down yesterday 7/8 of the ATFs sprouted. The only one that had not yet was #1. I planted them all now and I'm just hoping #1 gets going. So far today only #7 has broke the surface so I expect the others to join it tomorrow in breaking the surface and #1 maybe the day after.

The CBDreams all were planted two days ago and all have broken the surface already. The lower left one did it in 24 hours and the other ones took probably 12-14 hours longer. I can't get too attached to these as they will be growing in my girlfriends garden when she is done. She will only have to veg them for a week or two more when she gets them and then she will be able to flip them. CBDream cream is going to be awesome. I can't wait to make it and try it out.

Bottom left one is the one that came out strong.

Speaking of girlfriends current progress on the Super Iced Grapefruits and the Crown Royales. I think there is 4 weeks left so she is going to do very well on her first grow. Her plants are the perfect size and she is getting tons of frost. Can't wait to see what she does with the CBDreams. That's my girl!

Lastly the other girls are in day 24 and have stopped stretching. They are pretty short but are stocky so it will be interesting to see how wide and bulky the colas are. If I end up with the same yield as normal than I'll grow them this short everytime. I do think they are a bit too short though and will likely bump my lights up a few inches in veg next time. I think the sweet spot for my lights is 20". Other than the height they look great and I am really happy with how they are stacking right now.

Ases, I'm new to this forum. I've been checking a lot of journals here. Seen your name a lot. I'm an old grower looking for newer growing methods. Your plants look amazing and thanks for all the information.

Thank you Zincite and welcome along. I like to think I did a lot of research on old school methods and decided which ones were must dos and which ones were things maybe I could improve on. I must admit it still makes me very excited to see a new name pop on my journal. Thanks for the compliments and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

:goodjob: hi Ase thanks for the info. I had a question would I be banging buds like this with these same nutz and feed sch in promixhp? I just don't seem to feed/dry as much as coco folks. Looks like I need a few more GH bottles.
Cheers!

The schedule is made for coco as it is a completely blank canvas. I think the PPMs wouldn't work out but you could take the N-P-K ratios in account. At certain times I boost certain elements. You could mimic that (like boosting P-K at a certain time). Ultimately it's made for use with straight coco though.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the plants look fantastic Ase (as always).

:goodjob::popcorn:

Never gets old VS! I could see 7/8 ATFs above ground last night. Today will be day 1. I’ll get an update going on that later today. The one seed (seed #1) that didn’t have a taproot yet when I planted it is the only one that hasn’t. Hopefully it pulls through and breaks ground today and then it will be 8/8.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the plants look fantastic Ase (as always).

:goodjob::popcorn:

Yeah I feel the same way on his and your threads but what else can you say when people have tents that look gorgeous.

You guys in legal growing areas though make a lot of us very envious. I would be a madman if it were legal here and I could smoke it outside on my deck. I can't do that with a cop living 4 doors down and Secret Service across the street. LOL

Yeah I feel the same way on his and your threads but what else can you say when people have tents that look gorgeous.

You guys in legal growing areas though make a lot of us very envious. I would be a madman if it were legal here and I could smoke it outside on my deck. I can't do that with a cop living 4 doors down and Secret Service across the street. LOL

It is nice to be in a legal, progressive state that is for sure. It was decriminalized bigtime before it ever was legal here in any fashion and Oregon has always been pretty laid back about it, probably for almost a decade. Legally I think smoking weed on your front deck is actually not legal here. It has to be out of public view. It's the decriminalization that is nice as no one here would give a crap if they saw you smoking weed.

Legal or not legal I would always recommend keeping everything out of sight. Just causes a higher chance to get robbed plain and simple. If people know it's there then the door is always open for bad things to happen. I treat growing as if it was still illegal and treat smoking as if it is legal, if that makes sense.

I do see the point you are trying to get at though before I went all technical on you. Lol. I always appreciate the compliments from everyone. They never get old. I like that people still tune in and admire the work that I do and those compliments are just reaffirming that people still like what I do!

Day 26 Flower Tent B - Day 1 Veg Tent B

First off I will start with some yield results from the last set of girls.
Critical Cheese - 142g
Anubis - 114g
Black Jack - 111g
Tutankhamon - 165g

That ends up being 532 grams trimmed, dry and ready to smoke. Better to cure them and let them marinate in their jars but it's all dry and ready to go for smoking if you didn't want to wait. I always think that bud is at its best about 3 weeks after putting in the jars for curing. @Derbybud gave me a little too much credit by saying 20 zips but I tell you what, I came close to his guess and I finally hit my goal and I am really happy. It's kind of a monkey off of my back. I laid out goals when I first started growing and I now have all of them completely checked off. I will obviously try and hit these numbers every time but it's not going to happen every time. I'm just glad I can say it happened once :).

The girls in flower tent B have really gone crazy with the stacking. Those little flower buttons a couple of days ago are really starting to build on each other and stack nicely. Starting to throw out some frost too.

Really happy with the stacking and the color of all the leaves. I think they are in prime health right now.

The Stank Genetics ATFs have all officially popped which I am excited for. #1 is a little behind now but I am happy it broke ground today. Today will be day #1 for all of them. Still not really sure why they took longer than the CBDreams to pop (by a couple days) but I'm in no hurry for this grow. Just glad they all popped. I will be doing the scrog proper and not rushing things.

CMDreams are on day 3 but I am not going to put them in my title as they aren't going to be mine.

Back
Top Bottom