Day 29 Flower Tent B - Day 4 Veg Tent A

The babies are off to a pretty good start. It's funny how when they first pop out how noticeable the growth differences are between each individual one. In a few days they will all look the same. I will be paying attention to males vs females and early traits of each as this is my first time with regular seeds. Lets just hope the odds play out right and 4/8 are female. If I have 5 that end up female I may run them all which would help with my veg time in filling up my net. I won't be greedy though, 50% works just fine for me.

Also I altered my old net just a bit and it's ready to go. Very few people nowadays would remember me using that net but if you scrounged around in my old journals then you've seen it in action. It used to be slightly too big when I used it last time so I cut it down and inch on each side and it's perfect. I think it's 18x18 squares so that is 324 squares. I really don't expect to fill them all 100% but the net is going to be full of colas.

The flower tent is roughly 4 weeks completed and I noticed a pretty big difference in the last few days. They same to be gaining some girth now. I did some defoliation again and I think this will likely be the last time I really defoliate them. Just removed a lot of the lower stuff that I know would eventually grow more and run into other colas. Some of the bigger fan leaves that have kept growing as well. These ones are short and stout but I can see them packing on weight and continually stacking and I really like what I am seeing. Anxious to see what the yields are in the end.

Super Iced back left. Tri-lined Purple Envy back right. White Rhino front left. Chemdawg front right. The cool part about these is I've grown a lot of strains over the last two years but hardly ever the same one. They all have smells I recognize because I have grown them before now and it's fun to pick up on certain distinct smells.

Day 32 Flower Tent B - Day 7 Veg Tent A

All of the seedlings are chugging along nicely and I will have to transplant them into larger pots in a few days. I ordered some 1 gallon hard pots to use for a 3rd transplant this time. I don't want to plant them directly into 3 gallon fabric pots until I know they are female. I think I am going to let all of them grow big enough so I have a good clone with the tops. I'll take that clone and sex them and find out male/female. That way I can get rid of males early on and get the females under that net. It will all happen within a very short time frame. The girlfriend should be taking her 4 CBDreams in 2 weeks and I will also start planting the veggies and fruits outside around then. Get the male ATFs out of there and put the net on and start training. As you can see this won't be my normal timeline of flipping at 42 days, but I want to do this thing right. I'm also re-vegging a bonsai for a friend who gave it to me pretty bare, no greenage. I grew it out already and it had a ton of leaves so in true Ase fashion I defoliated it and clipped a branch to shape it the way I want it to look. I think my friend will be stoked to get it back in a bit with it looking like a savanna tree.

Hard to see the fruits and veggies but the back row of jalapenos and tomatoes has some little ones that just popped up above soil today.

The flower tent is beginning to really start to smell. Starting to get really frosty. I think these will end up being really great quality and a little less yield.

White Rhino the first time I ran it had very dense, chunky bud and this is following suit exactly. I think I remember that it really started to catch up to the size of the other ones mid flower so I expect to see good things out of this girl over the next couple weeks.

Chemdawg is going to be better than my last run. The last stuff was great too so I am pretty stoked. The smell is just so strong and it wasn't that potent the first time I grew it. I wasn't quite in the groove like I am now and was experimenting still so it makes sense.

Purple Envy looks and smells great. Every Purple Envy I see being grown is the same. They are all very even plants and get great stacking and frost. This is such a solid strain.

I could basically say the same thing about the Super Iced Grapefruit as well. Right now she is my best looking girl.

They all look killer Ase! That super iced has a new spot in my heart now so it’s probably my favourite as well for your garden, this time! I’m excited to watch you clone, that will be cool to see in here, so I’ll be watching eagerly:)

I sure could use your gardening skills to replant all my veggies...I’ll maybe just live vicariously through yours:/ Nice line up;)

I’ve been very interested in trees lately as I’ve noted lol. Can I get a little show of that Bonsai you #lowkey mentioned?! Haha it’s a beautiful defoil from here! :D

They all look killer Ase! That super iced has a new spot in my heart now so it’s probably my favourite as well for your garden, this time! I’m excited to watch you clone, that will be cool to see in here, so I’ll be watching eagerly

I’ve been very interested in trees lately as I’ve noted lol. Can I get a little show of that Bonsai you #lowkey mentioned?! Haha it’s a beautiful defoil from here! :D

Thanks Newty! Here is a picture of the bonsai for ya. You can see a couple spots on the trunk where there are knots. Those are where I took whole branches off. I'm just kind of playing around with it but I'll show a picture of what it looks like in the end (good or bad). Just like I do with my other plants, I am removing everything below a certain point in hopes for it to look like one of the savanna/desert looking bonsai trees.

Why does this not surprise me LOL

I think I'm just stuck in my ways. I've done no research on this at all so it's all just for fun but when I got this thing all you could see was trunk and bare branches. Before I defoliated and chopped all the branches there was green everywhere. Once again (in true Ase fashion) I didn't think to take a before picture. I wasn't expecting to show it but it's in the tent and someone was bound to ask about it. I really think it will fill in nicely. Kind of excited for it now :).

howdy mr.A, I really thought that's a mighty fine bonsai ( strain )......???
Then I realised it's an actual Bonzai.......:laugh: nicely done

Lol yup! I just like growing things. It seems to really like my tent! So funny at how slow it grows compared to weed but I have a couple more weeks of having it so I’m hoping by then it’ll be ready to give back to my buddy.

Beauty stuff Ase. Love the bonsai tree. I got in and skinned out my girls last night

Thanks Itibitiguy! Have you gotten used to defoliating yet or does it still feel like you are murdering the plant? Funny how I do it all the time now without thinking but when I first started it felt like I was torturing a plant.

Thanks Itibitiguy! Have you gotten used to defoliating yet or does it still feel like you are murdering the plant? Funny how I do it all the time now without thinking but when I first started it felt like I was torturing a plant.

I've always done some defoling... but have never took enough off... now this time is the most I've done so far. It's all main line to the top now

Day 9 Veg Tent A - Day 34 Flower Tent B

Just did a little work in the veg tent this morning. Just based off of pure eye test at this point I think 4 are female and 4 are male on the ATFs. There is no facts on basing my guesses and I will be cloning the tops to make the sexes of these girls. I think 1,4,5 and 7 are female and I think 2,3,6 and 8 are male. Way too early to even tell but I just thought I’d have fun with it and throw a guess out there. Also the CBDreams are off to a great start. My spring mix and romaine needed bigger homes and all of my broccoli and beefsteak tomatoes are up.

I’m glad I have a lot going on in the veg tent because the flower tent will be boring from here on out. There just isn’t much more to do besides feed. I’m A-Ok with that. The other tent is going to keep me occupied for a while. It’ll basically be daily tinkering until the net is up for the scrog and the plants are trained and ready to flip.

Back
Top Bottom